Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2010, 03:08 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,206,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I know we did.

We bought a 35 foot Class A motor home!!!! Can you say tail gate party!!!!!!!!!! I want to sleep in a Walmart parking lot so bad I cant stand it.

Got a good used one ( 1999) but still in really good shape. Picked it up Saturday morning and took two days camping our way home. It's so cool!! It's like watching life on a big screen T.V. with all that windshield. When a bug hits you can almost see the expression on it's poor face before it goes splat! We pulled over in parking lots and rest stops just becasue we could and had a snack or went potty. heck, even did that while going down the road,which is not as easy as they say. almost slid off once going around a corner. That would have been embarrassing.
Congrats!! I was just getting over the "fever", Thanks!!
I want a new one soooooo bad I can taste it. Hubby says I must wait 5 years . He wants to wait til we are closer to retirement.
I spent two hours in mine on Saturday getting it spotless so it would be like new, lol~
Congrats again, now we just need to go camping together. We are going to Guadalupe River RV in Ingram at the end of the month. Wanna go??

Old 09-07-2010, 03:32 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Congrats!! I was just getting over the "fever", Thanks!!
I want a new one soooooo bad I can taste it. Hubby says I must wait 5 years . He wants to wait til we are closer to retirement.
I spent two hours in mine on Saturday getting it spotless so it would be like new, lol~
Congrats again, now we just need to go camping together. We are going to Guadalupe River RV in Ingram at the end of the month. Wanna go??
Maybe.... not sure of how things are going yet. may have to out it in the shop for a few minor tweaks.

Is this the place your talking about? Guadalupe River RV Resort Review and Rating Looks nice. I think we've driven threw there a few times.

Thanks for the invite!

Old 09-07-2010, 05:40 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,319,031 times
Wow Camper-congrats on your new RV-wishing you a lot of fun and memories

Old 09-07-2010, 10:12 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
Quote:
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I know we did.

We bought a 35 foot Class A motor home!!!! Can you say tail gate party!!!!!!!!!! I want to sleep in a Walmart parking lot so bad I cant stand it.

Got a good used one ( 1999) but still in really good shape. Picked it up Saturday morning and took two days camping our way home. It's so cool!! It's like watching life on a big screen T.V. with all that windshield. When a bug hits you can almost see the expression on it's poor face before it goes splat! We pulled over in parking lots and rest stops just becasue we could and had a snack or went potty. heck, even did that while going down the road,which is not as easy as they say. almost slid off once going around a corner. That would have been embarrassing.
You've really been 'itchin for one......I'm glad it worked out for you!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:01 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Happy Rosh Hashanah! ( or Yom Ha-Zikkaron -the day of remembrance) - Jewish New Year

Oh Camper, I watched a special on RV's on the Travel Channel last night. They have gotten so fancy through out the years. My parents had a nice 'more affordable' one until last year when they decided to sell. My retirement plan is to move into one, which is why I have no problems down sizing now. I just want to travel and park at my own pace in my own home. I don't have a whole lot saved towards it yet, but something will happen at the right time.

This is me inching along.....

Anyone heard from TFW and how she is feeling?

Old 09-08-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Happy Rosh Hashanah! ( or Yom Ha-Zikkaron -the day of remembrance) - Jewish New Year

Oh Camper, I watched a special on RV's on the Travel Channel last night. They have gotten so fancy through out the years. My parents had a nice 'more affordable' one until last year when they decided to sell. My retirement plan is to move into one, which is why I have no problems down sizing now. I just want to travel and park at my own pace in my own home. I don't have a whole lot saved towards it yet, but something will happen at the right time.

This is me inching along.....

Anyone heard from TFW and how she is feeling?

I like that... " more affordable". That's what we'll call her.

Last I remember () she was going back to the Dr. and was praying for surgery.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:21 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Be careful what you wish for.

We've been in near drought conditions for a couple of months so I was really hoping for rain. Well, it came this morning and we got 8 inches in less that two hours. My pool overflowed for the first time in 30 years and my den flooded. What a mess.

But in the scheme of things is it small potatoes and I already have the carpet propped up and the fans going.

There are homes a few blocks from here that were totally flooded.

All this is compliments of Hurricane Hermine in the Galveston area. I'm hundreds of miles north of Galveston but HH managed to get here.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Be careful what you wish for.

We've been in near drought conditions for a couple of months so I was really hoping for rain. Well, it came this morning and we got 8 inches in less that two hours. My pool overflowed for the first time in 30 years and my den flooded. What a mess.

But in the scheme of things is it small potatoes and I already have the carpet propped up and the fans going.

There are homes a few blocks from here that were totally flooded.

All this is compliments of Hurricane Hermine in the Galveston area. I'm hundreds of miles north of Galveston but HH managed to get here.
We've been getting a ton of rain here too but sounds like you got more. Glad it wasn't worse for you. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and got SOAKED getting from the car to the building. I was dripping water all the way down the hall. The janitor was following me with am mop just laughing. I felt like the kid from Charlie Brown that had the dirt following him.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:11 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Quote:
We've been getting a ton of rain here too but sounds like you got more. Glad it wasn't worse for you. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and got SOAKED getting from the car to the building. I was dripping water all the way down the hall. The janitor was following me with am mop just laughing. I felt like the kid from Charlie Brown that had the dirt following him.
I was supposed to take mother (60 miles northeast of me) for a check up with the doc this morning. I rescheduled it. Otherwise we would have been dripping all over the doc's building, too. Mother uses a walker and it would have been very difficult for her.

Right now the local news has been covering the weather for the last hour. Southeastern Dallas County (I'm next county to the west) is getting it now plus there are 2 tornados on the ground. It looks like the tornados have hit ground in rural areas where no one is living. I sure hope so. One of those twisters is HUGE.

Oops! Tornado warnings in Dallas now. If it moves toward Ft. Worth I will head for cover in the closet with the cats. One would think that we'd get used to this weather every May and September. But, it still can be very scary. Yep, there is a big one on the ground in Dallas. These are the biggest tornados I have ever seen. I spent 5 years in Kansas and saw plenty of these twisters but never ones this big......I guess that is because everything is bigger in Texas.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I was supposed to take mother (60 miles northeast of me) for a check up with the doc this morning. I rescheduled it. Otherwise we would have been dripping all over the doc's building, too. Mother uses a walker and it would have been very difficult for her.

Right now the local news has been covering the weather for the last hour. Southeastern Dallas County (I'm next county to the west) is getting it now plus there are 2 tornados on the ground. It looks like the tornados have hit ground in rural areas where no one is living. I sure hope so. One of those twisters is HUGE.

Oops! Tornado warnings in Dallas now. If it moves toward Ft. Worth I will head for cover in the closet with the cats. One would think that we'd get used to this weather every May and September. But, it still can be very scary. Yep, there is a big one on the ground in Dallas. These are the biggest tornados I have ever seen. I spent 5 years in Kansas and saw plenty of these twisters but never ones this big......I guess that is because everything is bigger in Texas.

Stay safe!! We have a big cell right over us now but no rain yet, just lots of noise. it's driving my poor dogs crazy. I think it hurts their ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff