Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 04:01 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbytabby View Post
It IS hot here, It hit triple digits here yesterday and the aircon is struggling...we're thinking Universal today just to sit under the water...haha
Hello everyone!!!! Hope all is well in each of your worlds!
Right now it's 106 at my house and I SEE the water from my house.....I can't even imagine what it is inland.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I have no idea beings I'm not Chinese or anything.

Anyone heard from TFW or SCG?

I wish I could go camping too!! I'm not really bored....but I feel I'm kind of in a rut these days. My daughter thinks I should get myself a boyfriend.
Silly girl!

No, haven't heard a word....or seen a recent post, but I haven't been on here a lot.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:18 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
Can't believe the heat wave in California!!

This whole year has been full of weird weather. I hope the winter season isn't all wacky.

SCG is feeling better and will be back with us soon.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Can't believe the heat wave in California!!

This whole year has been full of weird weather. I hope the winter season isn't all wacky.

SCG is feeling better and will be back with us soon.
And today we had cloud cover so it's humid........(not like the south, but bad enough).....

Hope he feels better soon.....

Old 09-29-2010, 06:25 AM

For those of you in the middle of the heat wave:

Old 09-29-2010, 09:29 AM

Too cute, GB!

I bought 2 more flats of flowers yesterday.......the impatiens around my pine tree in the front yard fried a few days ago and they were well-established..... Don't know when I will plant them.....might hold off for a couple of days..... We still have a lot of humidity.....not as cloudy as it was yesterday....(but the day is young).....

Old 09-29-2010, 08:56 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Just a quick update. I'm on Vicodin (a painkiller) 24/7 and cant sit up for long periods.

I've been on bedrest for over a month now waiting for my foot to heal up enough to have surgery to fuse all the bones of the lis franc joint (in the middle of the foot). Then, about two weeks ago I got gout in that joint. I've never had gout but apparently two of my meds can cause an increase in the formation of uric acid crystals and gout can settle in a damaged joint. My surgeon gave me three more shots in the joint and a prescription, but it took over a week for the gout to clear up.

Then, the next day after the gout cleared up, it came back with a vengeance in the same joint. I've never had such pain and had to go to the E.R. because the Vicodin wasnt helping at all. The E.R. doc put me on IV fluids and potassium (because I was apparently very dehydrated and low on potassium) but the med he gave me for the gout didnt help much. Then my regular doctor gave me a prescription that seems to be helping, but he said it will probably be another couple of weeks before he can clear me for surgery.

So that's where I am right now.... taking Vicodin 24/7 for both the original pain and the gout pain and waiting to be cleared for a surgical date. I'm using a wheelchair to get around the house but I dont get up much because just getting out of bed is painful.

My sister and my daughter have been a big help in taking me to doctors, etc. My daughter also took my dog to her house a couple of weeks ago, as I'm not able to take care of her.

Please dont forget me. As soon as I'm feeling better, I'll get caught up on what's been going on with y'all and will update you on me too. I miss you guys so much!

Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 PM

TFW, we are all thinking about you and wish we lived closer so that we could help.... Dang, that Vicodin is the one pain pill that I can not take.....it made my eyes roll to the back of my head....I had it one time for a mouth problem....

If you get on again, I hope you read this. Ask somebody to go get you some cherries, cherry juice, dried cherries, frozen cherries.......cherries help with gout.....

Also, tell them to get you some bananas...they are good for potassium. Those potassium pills are big, white horse pills......been there and done that......

You probably don't want to drink a lot because you have to get up out of bed to go to the bathroom, but please drink, drink, drink.....you are going to end up with kidney problems if you don't.

(You probably know all of this already, but we are worried---we thought maybe you'd had the operation already and were recuperating...)...

Old 09-29-2010, 09:44 PM

My good friend, who is 81, had a fall in her backyard over the weekend......she is in the hospital.....broke her wrist in several places and has this huge metal rod sticking out of it, 12 stitches in her forehead, cracked her neck, cracked her pelvis and is black and blue all over...

Tonight, I was bringing some batteries downstairs and while looking at them, missed the last stair and fell.......husband had to get me up.......nothing feels broken, but lots of joints are already stiff and hurting...left shin, ribs, both wrists, underside of right arm, left side of back is hurting....thought I broke my dang glasses, so I guess I had the right side of my head, too.....bruises will be here by tomorrow. Dang, I need to plant 2 more flats outside this week, too...... Tylenol, tylenol, tylenol.....

Must be something in the air......when he was picking me up, I thought of my pal......

Old 09-30-2010, 05:15 AM

I took Vicodin when I had all my dental surgery. Happiest week of my life.

TFW, all you can do is get plenty of rest and wait on your body to heal. It won't happen overnight....but it WILL happen. I'm glad your daughter is able to help you out with Queenie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff