Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 05:18 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,214,720 times

Advertisements

Wurzig,
Maybe you should wait to plant anything until the heat wave is over....or pick something that is real hearty with direct sunshine/high heat. It is heartbreaking to have to replace a pant that has already grown into maturity.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:18 AM

For anyone who isn't a part of any of the Community Chat groups....you are invited to join us at The Village!!
http://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...ival-open.html

Happy October to everyone!!
I have no idea what this dish is....but it looks really good!
I wonder if you back it IN the pumpkin or just put it in later.
Again....I don't know what 'it' is.....
Any ideas?
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/cheese-soup-in-pumpkin-shells.gif (broken link)

Old 10-01-2010, 08:44 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,334,293 times
It looks like pumpkin soup to me.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:49 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Just a quick update. I'm on Vicodin (a painkiller) 24/7 and cant sit up for long periods.

I've been on bedrest for over a month now waiting for my foot to heal up enough to have surgery to fuse all the bones of the lis franc joint (in the middle of the foot). Then, about two weeks ago I got gout in that joint. I've never had gout but apparently two of my meds can cause an increase in the formation of uric acid crystals and gout can settle in a damaged joint. My surgeon gave me three more shots in the joint and a prescription, but it took over a week for the gout to clear up.

Then, the next day after the gout cleared up, it came back with a vengeance in the same joint. I've never had such pain and had to go to the E.R. because the Vicodin wasnt helping at all. The E.R. doc put me on IV fluids and potassium (because I was apparently very dehydrated and low on potassium) but the med he gave me for the gout didnt help much. Then my regular doctor gave me a prescription that seems to be helping, but he said it will probably be another couple of weeks before he can clear me for surgery.

So that's where I am right now.... taking Vicodin 24/7 for both the original pain and the gout pain and waiting to be cleared for a surgical date. I'm using a wheelchair to get around the house but I dont get up much because just getting out of bed is painful.

My sister and my daughter have been a big help in taking me to doctors, etc. My daughter also took my dog to her house a couple of weeks ago, as I'm not able to take care of her.

Please dont forget me. As soon as I'm feeling better, I'll get caught up on what's been going on with y'all and will update you on me too. I miss you guys so much!
We miss you too!!!

Old 10-02-2010, 03:06 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,532,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Wurzig,
Maybe you should wait to plant anything until the heat wave is over....or pick something that is real hearty with direct sunshine/high heat. It is heartbreaking to have to replace a pant that has already grown into maturity.
It usually doesn't get this hot here.......this year has been so weird.....because we didn't have a lot of heat, certain plants did not grow a lot...and they they fizzled... I hate to plant this time of year.....I like SPRING flowers for the most part..(and I do like gardening, but by fall, I'm tired)....and I can't plant certain things because of the rabbits...(rabbits are sooooo destructive!). It isn't as hot as it was, but it still isn't 'normal'..... Some areas had thunder/lightning today......a 92 year old lady was struck....it bounced off her wrought iron fence and went into her body.....it's amazing that she is alive....

I fell on the last stair 2 or 3 nights ago......I was carrying 4 batteries for his radio that he takes out on the patio and was looking down at the stuff in my hands.....my bare foot hit the last stair, curved around it and down I went....onto the wooden floor..... One of the reasons I haven't planted yet is because I'm stiff all over......<sigh> When I went down, before I tried to figure out if I had broken anything, I lay there thinking, 'well, maybe I am going to join my friend in the hospital'.......

I had my gardeners take out all the half-dead impatiens today..(around the pine tree in a big planter)......and then they spread my new dirt....so that'll help...... We will have another open house on the 10th.....I need to get them into the ground.....

Last weekend, we saw the new Wall Street movie with Michael Douglas......it's pretty good..... I wonder if he is going to survive his throat cancer...

Old 10-02-2010, 03:09 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,532,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
It looks like pumpkin soup to me.
I thought pumpkin soup ends up being creamy.......not chunky. Are there lots of recipes for it? It's never sounded exciting to me, so I never check out pumpkin soup recipes......but maybe it's delicious and I am missing out, eh?

Old 10-02-2010, 04:49 AM

Pumpkin soup doesn't even sound appetizing...does it? Well, I guess if it had a sweet potato kind of taste.....no....not in a soup.

I want to see the Wall Street movie too. I've always been a Michael Douglas fan. I sure do hope he survives this, but you never know. Throat cancer sounds like it could leave him unable to continue as an actor.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:58 AM

I've never had pumpkin soup.

It just looked like what I thought pumpkin soup would look like. LOL

It is so pleasant here these days. Each morning it is in the 60s. Fall is my favorite season and this one is already proving to be just great. There is something in the autumn air that energizes me (not that I act on it). I suppose it is the promise of winter.

I've always thought how wonderful it would be to be holed up in a mountain cabin for a fall and winter while writing extraordinary pieces of prose and drinking cold milk from a bottle that is buried outside in the snow. I'd smoke cigarettes by the carton and hunch over the keyboard like Lillian Hellman and churn out masterpieces akin to "Pentimento" while daintily slurping vegetable soup (not pumpkin) and cussing when the tomatoes smear my keyboard.

Well, that ain't gonna' happen.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:01 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I've never had pumpkin soup.

It just looked like what I thought pumpkin soup would look like. LOL

It is so pleasant here these days. Each morning it is in the 60s. Fall is my favorite season and this one is already proving to be just great. There is something in the autumn air that energizes me (not that I act on it). I suppose it is the promise of winter.

I've always thought how wonderful it would be to be holed up in a mountain cabin for a fall and winter while writing extraordinary pieces of prose and drinking cold milk from a bottle that is buried outside in the snow. I'd smoke cigarettes by the carton and hunch over the keyboard like Lillian Hellman and churn out masterpieces akin to "Pentimento" while daintily slurping vegetable soup (not pumpkin) and cussing when the tomatoes smear my keyboard.

Well, that ain't gonna' happen.

Which part??

Old 10-03-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Which part??
The amazing writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff