Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2010, 06:52 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Pretty much all a sailor ever needed was six-pack money.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a Happy Halloween Freebie ***!!!!
Hey, how did you know what I looked like in the morning?

Happy Halloween everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2010, 07:57 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
What a boring freebie day!! Guess the Witch Dance didn't work. I hate the end of the week-end of the month freebie slow down. Oh well, at least Monday should bring lots of new things for us.

My daughter hee-hawed around on the phone yesterday asking me if I thought Israel would have more fun going out for Halloween with one of his little friends. I realized she was saying she would rather go with one of his friends who's mom is her friend....instead of going with me. I told her I didn't want to go in the first place. I just offered so she had someone to go with. I would love staying home instead. I guess she was afraid she would hurt my feelings or something.

Guess I'll have to prop up at the front door with a bowl of candy and my laptop.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:19 AM

850 posts, read 1,545,946 times
Hi All, sorry not on here as much. Just checking in to say hello!

Sunnnee

Old 11-01-2010, 04:52 AM

I posted what I got in the mail over the weekend on the wrong thread. Sometimes I wonder about myself.

My daughter ended up calling yesterday and wanted me to go with her and Israel after all. The neighborhood she lives in has mainly people with younger kids who wouldn't be home to give candy out. So she wanted to go back to another area where we went last year. This whole neighborhood was decorated with lots of people set up outside giving candy.

This was still true for some of the houses, but only a few as compared to last year. There were empty houses, houses with for sale signs, and a whole bunch of people who didn't participate at all. Wow....what a difference a year and a bad economy can make.

We still had a nice time and Israel thought it was great fun. If she emails me any of the pictures she took last night, I'll post one on here.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Old 11-02-2010, 01:29 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbytabby View Post
Poppin' in to say good morning to y'all. I've been waking up before the sun and falling asleep before 10. This sleep schedule has me whacked out. You guys are funny, thanks for the smiles to start my day. I think we're going to Universal Studios since we have the pass and it's going to be a nice day. Want to use this thing as much as I can before I leave. Got my stuff all packed up, now hopefully he gets the smaller apt we looked at and I can help him move in. Busy, busy, busy. My sil is coming for a few days and we're going to the Halloween Carnaval in West Hollywood, this should be entertaining. Well I'm all caught up..smiles...have a great day everyone!
Did you make it to the street party in Hollywood? Did you make it out alive?

Old 11-02-2010, 01:39 AM

We seem to see movies in spurts.....the new one we want to see is the remake of Rooster Cogburn....I think it comes out in December..... Man, that guy just keeps getting better and better in his roles!

We only had 3 trick or treaters, but that was 3 more than last year.....

We showed the house last week and we had open house on Halloween......we didn't know if it would be a bust, but it was a good one...... A few nibbles, but nothing to report at this time......<sigh>

This week it will be warmer here...... November is scary....always a santa ana wind around the corner..... There were 3 tiny fires on the Simi Freeway today, but they got them out right away....

Last night I didn't fall asleep until 5:00 this morning......I stayed up and watched part of a Stephen, (what's his face--scary book guy--he lives in Maine and got hit by a car and almost died a few years ago) named 'Thinner' (wasn't his best, but at 2:00 a.m., who cares???)........and then I watched the remake movie of 'Leave it to Beaver'....the 'real' Eddie Haskel was in it....and the little boy who played his son had Eddie's annoying mannerisms down pat... I only slept for 4 hours and had a bad headache all day long.... I have taken a Just Sleep pill and hope to be snoring soon....

Old 11-02-2010, 05:49 AM

Yes Wurzig...I would imagine it is hard to sell a house with a charred lightening path to the door! It is like trying to sell a house when the yard is flooded in Florida.

Just a question: Is getting fire insurance there as difficult/expensive as getting flood insurance here?

Many people aren't aware here that hurricane damage and flood damage is not the same insurance coverage. This is why so many people after Katrina were upset. Many had hurricane insurance only and their damage actually came as a result of flooding. Therefore, their insurance didn't cover the problems to their home. (I'm not sure you can even get flood insurance in the coastal area there.)

Good Morning to Everyone!! Time to rise and shine and make this day count for something!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 12:39 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
I thought flood insurance was only available for property legally listed in a "flood plain." Maybe that is just Texas law.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:44 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
I suppose this is a freebie. I got $100 today for a program I have been enrolled in for 5 years. It's a University of Chicago program on aging.

An interviewer comes to see me every 5 years and I spend 2 hours answering questions, giving DNA samples and having my vitals taken. It's actually a lot of fun because I like surveys.

I get paid $100 every 5 years. Can't beat that with a stick.

I invest the money in books. Yippee!

Old 11-03-2010, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Yes Wurzig...I would imagine it is hard to sell a house with a charred lightening path to the door! It is like trying to sell a house when the yard is flooded in Florida.

Just a question: Is getting fire insurance there as difficult/expensive as getting flood insurance here?

Many people aren't aware here that hurricane damage and flood damage is not the same insurance coverage. This is why so many people after Katrina were upset. Many had hurricane insurance only and their damage actually came as a result of flooding. Therefore, their insurance didn't cover the problems to their home. (I'm not sure you can even get flood insurance in the coastal area there.)

Good Morning to Everyone!! Time to rise and shine and make this day count for something!!!
Fire insurance is hard to get if you live in hilly or brush areas.....I live in hills, but it's a very urban area... My house is very large and we had trouble getting insurance the first year.....companies kept cancelling on us....it was very stressful. One company said the house was located in a fire area, (which it isn't. Their geographical records were outdated, but arguing and pleading with them proved fruitless).... We've been in this house almost 16 years.....the way we finally got our house insurance is that we had had AAA roadside for over 25 years, insured 4 cars with them and because of it, they made an acception and covered our house, too. (They don't normally insure a house this large).

We've been through 2 extremely serious fires, but not at this house.... When you unexpectly have embers coming down in your yard, it's time to pack your items that can't be replaced. When you have water-filled helicopters flying 90 mph and they are not moving, it's time to run. Santa ana winds are 'devil winds'.

Flood insurance comes at a premium, but we have it. It can be for any type of flood...broken water main or pipes in walls, bathtub upstairs overflowing, swimming pool issues, etc..... Most people do not live by rivers in California, but in S. California, the soil is compact and it doesn't rain often, but when it rains, it pours and the soil doesn't soak it up...there can be mudslides and flooding that way.....

What most people don't buy here is earthquake insurance.....it's very expensive. We have small earthquakes here and there which don't cause damage......but there is always the remote chance of a HUGE one.....

We are probably going to have a record-breaking temp tomorrow, (well, actually, later today, since it's 1:00 a.m.)..... This weather is so strange.....my garden is so confused.......

I haven't been on here a lot lately......has Keta gotten about 800 new stars?

Has anybody heard from Texasfw?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff