Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2011, 07:26 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Almost Back from the Dead...A 10-day bout with gout in both feet.

Poor Queenie...for almost 3 days I couldnt even get out of bed to feed her or let her out. (No one to call -- everyone in my family and my next-door neighbor were all out of town for the holiday.) She didnt complain and never peed or pooped in the house. My sister showed up on the third evening and took her out, whereupon she promptly pooped three times and peed so many times my sister lost count.

I still have the gout but it's in only one foot now and the pain is down to a bearable level. I hate, hate, hate to keep reporting on my problems. As soon as I can, I'll get caught up on how everyone is doing. Camper, I know there are fires in your area -- stay safe. There are fires in the Houston area too...north and south of me...but all the Houston would have to burn before my house would be in danger.
But we WANT to know how your doing and don't see it as you reporting on your problems. That said... can you have gout in one toe? Ouch then. I got something going on with one of my big toes.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Oh good God Camper, those pics brought tears to my eyes. I don't know which one really represents the disaster there better since they were all quite emotion provoking. I really haven't heard this reported on the news as much as it should have been....but I guess there really isn't anything anyone could do with a drought of that magnitude.

At least you have a good RV to take off in if needed. I would keep it stocked and ready....and maybe put your most precious savers/keepers in.

This is all very very sad.
Droughts here are just part of living in Texas, kinda like having scorpions. But this has been a bad one. Just think of the poor cow. been seeing more and more of those lately.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:58 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Droughts here are just part of living in Texas, kinda like having scorpions. But this has been a bad one. Just think of the poor cow. been seeing more and more of those lately.

How sad it is to know that one day of rain in Texas could help so many, including the animals, and yet not a drop has fallen for months.

The fires yesterday came too close for comfort. The ones from the south are the ones that worry me. There is one on the eastern front but it would have to get through Dallas to get here and that is not going to happen. The ones from the south are getting close. They have been put out now but could reignite fast.

I think someone is setting these fires. I really believe that.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:58 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I think someone is setting these fires. I really believe that.
Wouldn't surprise me at all. With all the chaos, they will probably get by with it as well.

Lots of people out there are CRAZY!

As I told Camper, I would have a few things such as personal papers, photo albums, etc. in a box in my trunk. This is what I do during hurricane times.
Nothing like trying to get those sort of things together last minutes while you are stressed out.

Last edited by GloryB; 09-11-2011 at 06:10 AM..

Old 09-11-2011, 06:08 AM

Thought this was a nice 9-11 avatar.

I ended up roaming around the mall yesterday. I'm really not a mall shopper, but it was something to do. I picked up the sample from Bath & Body Words. Good smelling stuff, but they are advertising it as some sexual scent and I'm not sure I'm smelling THAT. I wanted to go by Nordstrom's also, but they are in a mall a little further away. So, I scrapped the plan to pick up the perfume.

Not sure about today yet. I'll probably just stay home.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:33 AM

Make sure you hug someone today and tell them you love them.

Big hug's to all my cd friends.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
I hope today is a peaceful, reflective day for everyone. Today is a good day to give thanks for all we love and care about. We're so fortunate.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:10 AM

I posted this in the the Village community chat this morning, but thought I would share it here as well:

Quote:
Forgot to post a little story about my grandson. He goes to PreK at the local baptist church a couple of blocks down from us. They asked the children what about them do they think was given to them special by God. In all the answers, my lovely grandson says his hands. The teacher leans into this wonderful answer and asks why he thinks God gave him special hands. My grandson loudly and proudly proclaims...."So when I get bigger, I can shoot people."

He was , of course referring to video games, but it did blow that precious baptist moment all to heck and back.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:44 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Make sure you hug someone today and tell them you love them. Big hug's to all my cd friends.
Hugs to all of you, as well. I watched a few of the TV specials this morning. I have no words for the way I feel right now, except that I think the reality of the suffering and sorrow of that day is stronger for me now than it was 10 years ago.

Everyone who was injured or killed on that day got ready for work or whatever with no idea of what was to come. It was just a "normal" morning for each of them. Some of them may have argued with their spouses; others may have been too rushed to give their loved ones a goodbye kiss. What would they have done differently if they'd known that morning would be their last? So, yes, Camper's suggestion to hug someone and tell them you love them is excellent.

Last edited by TFW46; 09-11-2011 at 11:42 AM..

Old 09-11-2011, 06:55 PM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/big.jpg (broken link)

This little saying might get us through the week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff