Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 06:55 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

We have a fire pit on the patio.....gas with fake logs. I think it's been used twice since we moved here--during bbq parties, etc.--just not my thang. Anyway, The Pony went over there a few times recently and on Saturday I caught him taking out a fake log and running about The Back 40 with it. I yelled at him and then looked down into the pit, (it's circular bricks about 2 feet high), and there were teenie weenie baby mice.....bleh! I called The Man out, (he's good for somethin'), and made him get them out. We lifted the logs out and the mom escaped into an extension of a rain gutter.....

Old 08-13-2012, 11:47 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Alright you two, I'm feeling left out here. I want to share the love too.

We have all become a big family here and we worry about the ones that are absent. Please don't stay away because your afraid to talk. I will listen...

GROUP HUG!!!

Old 08-13-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
We saw the Gypsy Kings in Fort Collins on Sunday. There is a HUGE annual Bohemian Fest (or something like that). They close down the streets, (quite a few), in the Old Town area and there are zillions of booths with stuff for sale, informative booths, (I stopped at Sierra Club and talked about the Rockies AND fracking in CO.), we stopped at a wooden patio cover guy's booth, over 70 groups sing on big stages built at the end of blocks, on and on...and then we went to Rio Grande Restaurant and I got to eat and drink my favorite....I get brain freeze every time. I never learn.

I was ill for a few days and didn't get out to the garden. Things were very thirsty. The Pony and I were out there watering into the night---I couldn't see a thing but knew where the plants were and aimed the hose. (Sunday is not a water day for anybody in the development so I had to stretch a 150 very heavy (attached to the house) hose way out to the garden and squirt stuff). We have aerial sprinklers out there but I also hand water quite often but the high pressure valve out in the field that I usually use to hand water the stuff is shut down on Sundays because of the drought). It is just August, but quite a few of the plants know that it's almost time to close shop. I have a lot of watermelons growing, at least 2 kinds.

Today I got my tires rotated and oil changed. Last week I was putting windshield wash under the hood and the hood struts (shocks?) decided that it was time to shut the hood before I was done....grrrr! The local place where I went can't get Lexus struts/shocks, (didn't think they could but it was worth a try). Guess I'll have to go to the Lexus dealer 45 minutes from here soon....as soon as I need something at Costco, which is a few miles beyond the dealer. Oh well, Goldie is 9 years old now and some things need to be replaced. $$$ Maybe the Toyota dealer in Fort Collins can get them......maybe I'll call them before I make the trek.

I love, love, love the Gypsy Kings. I saw them in Dallas a few years ago. What a great sound. When I watched the closing ceremonies for the Olympics I thought of them. I was hoping that Sergio Mendez would make an appearance.

I had two inches of water in my hallway and three bedrooms last week. I was picturing huge drills and lots of money down the drain (pun inteneded). It turned out to be a clog in the AC unit. The plumbers took care of it and my trusty "suck up the water" Bissel took care of the water. The plumbers let me get into the back of their big truck and look at all the power tools. Yeah, I've told y'all that I'm weird. My father gave my sister and me power tools for Christmas when we were old enough and we both know how to use them. So, I had a mighty fine time after I realized nothing was destroyed and I would not have to rob a bank to pay for it.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:44 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I love, love, love the Gypsy Kings. I saw them in Dallas a few years ago. What a great sound. When I watched the closing ceremonies for the Olympics I thought of them. I was hoping that Sergio Mendez would make an appearance.

I had two inches of water in my hallway and three bedrooms last week. I was picturing huge drills and lots of money down the drain (pun inteneded). It turned out to be a clog in the AC unit. The plumbers took care of it and my trusty "suck up the water" Bissel took care of the water. The plumbers let me get into the back of their big truck and look at all the power tools. Yeah, I've told y'all that I'm weird. My father gave my sister and me power tools for Christmas when we were old enough and we both know how to use them. So, I had a mighty fine time after I realized nothing was destroyed and I would not have to rob a bank to pay for it.
Boy, you are one lucky chick, Keta! Don't even get me started on floods.... Do you smell any mildew? I hope not.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Boy, you are one lucky chick, Keta! Don't even get me started on floods.... Do you smell any mildew? I hope not.
No mildew and I am watching for it. I treated the cement and the carpet pad during the drying process. I'm too familiar with wet carpets. My sunken den (think late 1970s) floods from time to time.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:03 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
GROUP HUG!!!
(((xxx0))) back at ya!!!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:34 AM

We've had rain two days in a row and working on the third one.

It's a miracle, I tell ya'.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:54 PM

I want some rain!!!! Everything is dead or dying here. So sad. Speaking of sad, my motor home is broken!!!! Nothing that cant be fixed but $till.... I want my baby back.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I want some rain!!!! Everything is dead or dying here. So sad. Speaking of sad, my motor home is broken!!!! Nothing that cant be fixed but $till.... I want my baby back.

Any chance that it will be ready by Friday, Camp?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Any chance that it will be ready by Friday, Camp?
There is always Hope. Maybe if we all close our eyes and wish real hard... It couldn't hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff