Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 10:19 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Morning everyone! Late start today. I entered rehab again yesterday!! Back to physical therapy for awhile. Oh, the joy. See if it's to late to do something about my shoulder again. Wish me luck!!

Good luck, dear Camper. I injured my shoulder when I fell during my stroke -- I had surgery and PT but they didnt work. I think I might have been better off with just the PT and not the surgery. I hope your PT can fix whatever the problem is.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
It's cool this morning, rather pleasant. It'll get up to at least 90 today though.

People laugh about global warming -- and I dont know if it's really true or not -- but it really is getting hotter. I lived in Denver for quite a few years in the mid-to-late 1960's. My house wasnt air-conditioned and there were only a few days, in all those years, that were uncomfortable. The temps in the summer never got over 80 -- except for those few uncomfortable days when they reached 83-84.

The garden is producing like mad now! I should open up a fruit stand.

Photos! I'd love to see photos of the garden (and of the horse).

I've had a bad cold ... We've had 2 flat tires in the last week...had to replace my air compressor...A rock flew up and hit his windshiled a week or so ago...

Jeez, what a run of bad luck. You're due for some extra-good stuff now. Of course, living in Colorado is plenty good enough, in my opinion.

Feel better!

Old 08-01-2012, 10:33 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Good luck, dear Camper. I injured my shoulder when I fell during my stroke -- I had surgery and PT but they didnt work. I think I might have been better off with just the PT and not the surgery. I hope your PT can fix whatever the problem is.
It won't even come close!!! But thanks.. I'm mainly going because it's the last half of the year and most of my deductibles have been met with the insurance. It's the Fibro more than anything. We'll give it a try and see. I'm seriously thinking about one of the total guys from academy and getting rid of all the other equipment we don't use I'll have buns of Steel!!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 AM

Oh, you have fibromyaligia. I'm so sorry. I've heard how painful it is -- and how irritating other associated things, like foggy thinking, are. I'm really so sorry.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Oh, you have fibromyaligia. I'm so sorry. I've heard how painful it is -- and how irritating other associated things, like foggy thinking, are. I'm really so sorry.
Why thank you. It's just the hand I was delt. There are many people that have things a lot worse. I try not to let it slow me down much, thats why I like an occasional pity party. Just a quickly, nothing big.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Bomb scare at the San Antonio air port! Dang, my nephew just flew into there less than a week ago.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:05 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Why thank you. It's just the hand I was delt. There are many people that have things a lot worse. I try not to let it slow me down much, thats why I like an occasional pity party. Just a quickly, nothing big.
That is a really good attitude to have, Camper1. It's particularly hard to keep it when in pain but I agree with you. There are so many who have to deal with much worse situations. I hope the rehab is not too hard on you.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
That is a really good attitude to have, Camper1. It's particularly hard to keep it when in pain but I agree with you. There are so many who have to deal with much worse situations. I hope the rehab is not too hard on you.
Bring it on!!

Old 08-02-2012, 04:17 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,530,288 times
Campie, have you thought of eating less gluten or one of those change-your-diet health types of ideas? I think corn is a culprit of fibro, too, but not sure without looking it up.

Yep, tfw, it's been hot here.......many, many record-breaking days. The heat came early, too.

I don't put pics on here--too lazy to learn how to do it.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Campie, have you thought of eating less gluten or one of those change-your-diet health types of ideas? I think corn is a culprit of fibro, too, but not sure without looking it up.

Yep, tfw, it's been hot here.......many, many record-breaking days. The heat came early, too.

I don't put pics on here--too lazy to learn how to do it.
I don't think I eat enough corn to account for all the time but thanks for the suggestion.

I swear I'm going to learn how to post pictures. There's a ton of stuff I'd love to share.!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff