Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 11:38 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Does anyone watch "The Chew?"

I started watching it because it is between The View and the news. I am not much of a cook. I like to bake but I have never been into cooking. This show makes me so hungry. It also shows me that cooking can be fun. Plus, I like all the regulars on it. They have so much fun and they blend together so well. It's worth a watch.

What tickles me is that there are folks sitting behind the cast and they are waiting to taste what the gang is cooking up. They have been chosen from the audience and they sit there so patiently waiting for a plate of food.

No lie, I would be holding a knife and fork pounding on the bar demandind a taste "NOW." lol
Lol! I was just talking to hubby about this and basically said the same thing!!! I love the show and yes, it makes me hungry too!!

Old 07-07-2012, 02:22 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
I've never heard of 'The Chew'.

I love 'Rizzoli and Isles'.

Scientology is weird.....there is a huge building in L.A....... We used to eat at a neat place called 'New York George'....it was near that building......they are WEIRD! Brainwashed!

Thunderstorms off and on starting late yesterday........mudslides and rockslides in the burned area where we went just 3 days ago.......the people who were evacuated (and whose houses didn't burn down), were let back in a few days ago and now they are evacuated again.........

Man, my zucchini is growing fast! I am going to make more bread, but another kind......this one will have carrots in it along with the zucchini...

And I am going to pick some cucumbers in a few days....

Old 07-07-2012, 02:37 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Bob posted a freebie called:

Lancome (or some such company) Super Sperm Sample.........or that's what I thought it said at first glance.........ROFL!!!

(It's really Serum.......)

Old 07-07-2012, 09:40 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
I've never heard of 'The Chew'.

I love 'Rizzoli and Isles'.

Scientology is weird.....there is a huge building in L.A....... We used to eat at a neat place called 'New York George'....it was near that building......they are WEIRD! Brainwashed!

Thunderstorms off and on starting late yesterday........mudslides and rockslides in the burned area where we went just 3 days ago.......the people who were evacuated (and whose houses didn't burn down), were let back in a few days ago and now they are evacuated again.........

Man, my zucchini is growing fast! I am going to make more bread, but another kind......this one will have carrots in it along with the zucchini...

And I am going to pick some cucumbers in a few days....
I guess the pony doesn't care for zucchini, carrots and cucumbers.

I wish I had a loaf of your zucchini bread right now. Yum!

Old 07-09-2012, 07:43 AM

Happy Monday!!!

Waiting for the rain to stop so we can replace more windows today. Did anyone catch that?? RAIN!!! Today? Now? Really? Couldn't hold off just a little longer??? I'm not really complaining but all we got was enough to make it all muddy ...but are grateful for every drop we can get.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:48 PM

Helllloooooo... where is everyone? I'm getting lonely in here all by myself.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:04 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
I'm loving the rain we're getting here in Houston. It rained Sunday and yesterday and there's a 70% chance for today and tomorrow. So far, we havent gotten a lot of rain -- just drizzle, but it's been fairly steady -- several hours both days. We need another week of rain like this.

Camper, did you get your windows put in?

P.S. Neither I nor my old computer are up to posting the deals every day -- and it seems like most deals arent worth posting right now anyway -- but the first post in the July thread has the links to each deal site.

I did buy a new computer from Amazon on June 30, the last day that Texans could buy from Amazon without paying sales tax. I've been procrastinating on setting it up, though -- I hate having to hook it all up and then transferring my emails, bookmarks and documents over. However, I just read a review on Amazon about the same computer where one guy said his was dead right out of the box. So I guess I shouldnt wait too much longer in case I need to send it back.

I remember my first computer back in 1996. It was an off-brand -- very simple -- no security software -- so easy to set up, even for someone like me who knew nothing about computers at the time. Now the setup is so complicated. It took a couple of days to set up my current computer in 2006 and I'm sure it will take even longer now that I have so much more software. So, if you dont hear from me for a while, you'll know I'm lost in computer never-never land.

Last edited by TFW46; 07-10-2012 at 03:21 AM..

Old 07-10-2012, 06:56 AM

We got rain, we got rain!!!! A nice thunderstorm with lights and music and everything! Not sure how much. I keep saying I need a new rain gage and then we just laugh and say why, it never rains.

TFW, actually we put in 4 more yesterday in between the rain showers!! Would have them all done by now but the store keeps messing up the orders and his schedule change has us a bit messed up.

I hate having to get new computers. I'm pretty sure I could not do the set up on my own. Hubby and kiddo have all the knowledge in that department.

Good luck and keep us posted on the computers and you.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:39 PM

Ok, where's Glory? Did I miss a post? Is she off somewhere? Last I heard her daughter was home from the hospital and then not a word in four days.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:34 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,796,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Ok, where's Glory? Did I miss a post? Is she off somewhere? Last I heard her daughter was home from the hospital and then not a word in four days.
I was wondering myself.
Hope she and her daughter are o.k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff