Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 06:30 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times

Advertisements

Thanks (I think), Wurzig. Maybe you're hinting that I shouldnt be so open about my life. And you might be right.

I guess I should be embarrassed to post some of the things I've posted about my life. But I've never been one to take myself seriously. If people want to laugh at me, or make private comments about me, it really doesnt bother me. I've been a nerd all my life -- and, although I wouldnt wish social awkwardness on anyone else, I've survived it and am in a "good place" in my life.

In professional settings (like at work) I've never shared some of the stuff I've shared with youall -- because it wouldnt have been appropriate. But I dont pretend to be anything other than what I am.

And, to embarrass myself further, the clock wasnt behind the TV. It was in front of it. The TV is a 52" mounted above my dresser and the clock sits on the dresser right underneath the TV. I still cant understand why neither the exterminator nor I could tell that the sound was coming from the clock. The a/c vent is directly above the clock and that's where anyone would have sworn the sound was coming from.

I'm so sorry about the guy who bought your company. I hope you can salvage something out of the deal.

I heard from my daughter this morning. The fires are close to her but are apparently not heading her way for now. I wonder how msev is doing. I've been looking for updates from him.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Thanks (I think), Wurzig. Maybe you're hinting that I shouldnt be so open about my life. And you might be right.

I guess I should be embarrassed to post some of the things I've posted about my life. But I've never been one to take myself seriously. If people want to laugh at me, or make private comments about me, it really doesnt bother me. I've been a nerd all my life -- and, although I wouldnt wish social awkwardness on anyone else, I've survived it and am in a "good place" in my life.

In professional settings (like at work) I've never shared some of the stuff I've shared with youall -- because it wouldnt have been appropriate. But I dont pretend to be anything other than what I am.

And, to embarrass myself further, the clock wasnt behind the TV. It was in front of it. The TV is a 52" mounted above my dresser and the clock sits on the dresser right underneath the TV. I still cant understand why neither the exterminator nor I could tell that the sound was coming from the clock. The a/c vent is directly above the clock and that's where anyone would have sworn the sound was coming from.

I'm so sorry about the guy who bought your company. I hope you can salvage something out of the deal.

I heard from my daughter this morning. The fires are close to her but are apparently not heading her way for now. I wonder how msev is doing. I've been looking for updates from him.
So glad to hear your daughter is safe.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:41 PM

400 posts, read 498,689 times
Im doing ok and looks like the office will open tomorrow. Went to a doctor today because my left heel is hurting since sunday. Turns out i have plantar fascia. Walking right now is such a chore because of the pain and i hope that it goes away soon. Thinking of buying crocs so that theres nothing rubbing on my heel when i walk and will buy heel cushions later. Mu truck wont start when i was about to go home so my mom had to pick me up. Took off the battery and brought it home to charge and will go back to install it and bring the truck home.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:30 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Im doing ok and looks like the office will open tomorrow. Went to a doctor today because my left heel is hurting since sunday. Turns out i have plantar fascia. Walking right now is such a chore because of the pain and i hope that it goes away soon. Thinking of buying crocs so that theres nothing rubbing on my heel when i walk and will buy heel cushions later. Mu truck wont start when i was about to go home so my mom had to pick me up. Took off the battery and brought it home to charge and will go back to install it and bring the truck home.
Glad to hear your ok!

I have plantar fascia and it won't go away. Some things that help are good arch support, ice and stepping on a hard ball. Sounds odd but it really helps.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:21 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,334,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Glad to hear your ok!

I have plantar fascia and it won't go away. Some things that help are good arch support, ice and stepping on a hard ball. Sounds odd but it really helps.

Check with TFW. She probably has arch supports and hard balls in that closet. Heck, she might have the picture of Dorian Gray there, too.

Which reminds me that I should try to make a dent in the garage. I need to get some of this stuff over to Goodwill. There is still room for my car but I'm lucky I don't have two of them.

Wurzig, happy belated birthday. I missed it because I have been discussing health care with a group of Afghans. No, not the dogs.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Oh gosh, msev. I thought you had gotten a job in a city where you were all alone. Now that I know your mom is close by I won't worry so much.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:24 PM

GB, be sure to keep us updated on how your daughter is doing. Pulllll...eeeze.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:38 PM

400 posts, read 498,689 times
The car battery seems not to charge very well sine i tool it home and plugged it into a charger. So i went ahead and bought a new battery. Im not alone here since i do livw with my mom and step dad.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
The car battery seems not to charge very well sine i tool it home and plugged it into a charger. So i went ahead and bought a new battery. Im not alone here since i do livw with my mom and step dad.
I have a charger, too, but it seems to take so long to charge a dead battery with it that it is a waste of time. So, the couple of times through the years that my battery has died, I just buy a new one with a new warranty.

I don't know what made me think you lived alone. My mother would love for me to move in with her and I am 64 years old. It ain't gonna' happen.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:26 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times
I just read about a couple who bought a house in Belvedere, California for $19 million. Then, because the house next door was blocking their view, they bought that one as well for another $4.3 million -- so they could tear it down.

I dont even know what to say about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff