Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 06:23 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times

Advertisements

Camper, what part of the country do you think you would like to move to? Or did you just want to move closer to the kids?

We had a representative from the Baltimore Sun at work this week. WONDERFUL LADY! After looking at the power point presentation she gave, it was the first time I realized how beautiful Maryland was. I'm not SURE I could live in a northern state, they would laugh at the way I talk , but it sure is pretty there.

GOOD MORNING TO EVERYONE!!

Old 02-12-2011, 07:10 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I've been hung up on those little chocolate donuts from 7-11. I keep a bag in my closet. I have GOT to STOP!
soooo.... you get your guilty pleasure in the closet??

Old 02-12-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Camper, what part of the country do you think you would like to move to? Or did you just want to move closer to the kids?

We had a representative from the Baltimore Sun at work this week. WONDERFUL LADY! After looking at the power point presentation she gave, it was the first time I realized how beautiful Maryland was. I'm not SURE I could live in a northern state, they would laugh at the way I talk , but it sure is pretty there.

GOOD MORNING TO EVERYONE!!
Silly girl, you been in you closet again. I'm not moving and my daughter is still at home!

I lived in Maryland for 3 years and LOVED it but no way would I do winters up there. I Love Texas.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:53 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,429,770 times
Quote:

So what does everyone plan to do over the weekend?
Entertaining my sister

She's been here 3 days and will be here for at least another 3. She's still asleep, so I snuck online

My Mom's 90th birthday party is tomorrow. Relatives, relatives, relatives. Most showing up tomorrow, some tonight. My street is going to look like an RV park. I still work 40+ hours a week, they're all retired, but guess who takes care of Mom and got elected to have a party?

Always liked the saying "You can choose your friends, but not your relatives."

Another one ... "No law says you have to LIKE the relatives."

Yes, I owe some of you letters - later!

Old 02-12-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post

Yes, I owe some of you letters - later!
YES! Our inquisitive....or is that nosy?....minds want to know! Hope your mom enjoys her party. My mom's birthday party is tomorrow also. It will be at her house though since Dad hates driving around in Orlando. It is easier for me to make the 2 hour trip there.

My grandson and I went shopping at Kmart. They had really good prices and sales on some of the items I wanted. Nothing fancy. I wanted some new sheets and a drawer type storage container for my son.

Funny how the kids were all snooty when they moved out....but are being so nice back at mom's house. Guess it took them getting out there on their own to realize the grass wasn't so much greener. As a matter of fact, the turf was so expensive until they almost went broke.

Things are great now with everyone chipping in on the bills. ALL I pay is the rent. Their money pays everything else....including food. I had a whole free paycheck this time!! This is why I was doing all my high-brow KMart shopping.

I still have to go shopping again to get my car washed/vacuumed....plus get a birthday cake for my mom.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:27 PM

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were cleaning out the barn today and there are hundreds of lady bugs in there!! It was cooool!

Old 02-14-2011, 05:19 AM

We had such a great time at my parent's house yesterday. Mom was so excited over her fancy 'store bought' cake. We had some gifts, but the one she liked the best was a DVD the kids had made from using Google Earth shots of my mom's hometown in Germany (Darmstadt) and putting German opera songs to it. My mom cried. It was a lovely moment.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. I still have some Valentine notes to send to my friends on CD. I only got half of them done last night.

I hope everyone gets some FREEBIE LOVE in the mail today....

Old 02-15-2011, 02:09 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,652,077 times
argh! the Freebie thread is addicting! Once I come here I can't seem to stop clicking. It's 4 a.m., I should be sleeping. Thanks a lot, you guys! (You know I'm just kidding, right?) j

My Gmail is filling up w/spam, but happily, Gmail directs it all into the Spam folder,so I don't really see it. Also, I worked hard for years getting my name off all the mailing lists, so I haven't gotten junk mail for a very long time. Still, it's fun to get stuff in the mail, espc. when you usually get bills, and it's even better when it's FREE.

So thank you guys, for all the great links, and I'll try to get to this chat thread more often, cuz I think it'd be fun to get to know you all. Can't wait to see if I get something new in the mail tomorrow! Sleep well, all.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post
argh! the Freebie thread is addicting! Once I come here I can't seem to stop clicking. It's 4 a.m., I should be sleeping. Thanks a lot, you guys! (You know I'm just kidding, right?) j

My Gmail is filling up w/spam, but happily, Gmail directs it all into the Spam folder,so I don't really see it. Also, I worked hard for years getting my name off all the mailing lists, so I haven't gotten junk mail for a very long time. Still, it's fun to get stuff in the mail, espc. when you usually get bills, and it's even better when it's FREE.

So thank you guys, for all the great links, and I'll try to get to this chat thread more often, cuz I think it'd be fun to get to know you all. Can't wait to see if I get something new in the mail tomorrow! Sleep well, all.
Starr...I'll try to find the link on here for the free 'disposable' emails you can get. Or you could just use two different gmail accounts like I do....one for personal use and one for freebies. My freebie gmail is so full of stuff until I rarely even look through it unless I have to make a reply to get an offer.
===========================================

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

Old 02-15-2011, 08:31 AM

Good morning!!! The weather is great today and going to be this way for the rest of the week.

O.K., Glory, here goes....

I bought new pillows for the bed a few days ago, mine is about as old as dirt and flat as a pancake so I figure what the heck, lets splurge and get some cheapie ones from WallyMart. Well.... I'm surprised you didn't hear us laughing all the way to Florida. Those guys are sooo puffy. When you lay on the middle it's like your head is in a taco, it poofs up on both sides! We tried laying on our backs on them and I fell off the first time. Then we tried on our belly's. Ever tried to lay on a marshmallow?

I have them downstairs now. Going to try to sit on them all day, try to get some of the poof out .

most fun we ever had for $5.00 each!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff