Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 01:08 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times

Advertisements

For all you do!!!!

Old 02-23-2011, 02:19 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
Hi Everybody! I have been sooooo absent and mentally, not fully back yet.....we've had some offers on the house but they always fall through, so I'm ready to jump off a cliff.... Every time I view a house in CO. that MIGHT be 'the one', it sells......<sigh> I feel cursed.

My girl came home for a 5-week winter break starting right before Christmas and I still haven't gotten back into a schedule....I cried when she flew in and I cried when she flew out. (She turned 21 a few days before she flew home, too, and I was pretty upset that I couldn't be with her.....to me, 21 is kind of the last special birthday for 'the kid years'. Her boyfriend's mom made her a nice cake and dinner, etc., so she was taken care of, and she was in the middle of finals, but we were pretty sad that we couldn't be with her)....

When she got back to Montana, she got strep throat.....got meds, got well and then got sick with a very bad cold again..(still getting over the cold)...not being with her during a major illness was hard on me....the first culture at the doctor was taken too soon and it didn't show strep so they just gave her numbing stuff to spray on her throat.......(GRRRR)...heck, when she was talking to me on the phone explaining her symptoms I KNEW she had strep! She was sicker than a dog, not eating, couldn't get to the little store on campus to get some juice for her little ice box.....being far away was hard...

Her boyfriend came for a week (spent New Year's with us), and hadn't been to California before, so it was all new to him......Hollywood, L.A., Laguna, Disneyland, and us.... (My girlfriend's mom died and so we took him into L.A. the 2nd day he was here for the funeral, which was all in Spanish.... Her mom loved my girl and we loved her.... He was a good sport about it though...he's easy going). He's very kind and adores my girl......they are stuck like glue......he's tall.

We had a ton of rain in December, all at once....had to pump my back yard out several times...the gutter out on the street was like raging rapids...(I was out there trying to unblock a drain and nearly got washed down the road)...had to get water out of the pool quite a few times, too.... Our neighbor's house flooded from massive rain and muddy stuff coming off the hillside, so we were over there before sunrise with our pumps, shop vacs, etc.....her house is 7,000 feet and there was major damage.....we were there for at least 2 hours before the flood guys could get there.....

We then had 'May' in January.....my ficus tree in my house has gone into shock because it got so hot.....(and now, it's pretty chilly). Many leaves have turned yellow and have fallen off. It does this every few years when we have crazy weather.....

My husband and I went to Disneyland on Super Bowl Sunday......we had a nice day for a change..... He hadn't seen the new part...California Adventure...he liked the fast rides and the soaring one.....I do, too. I keep my eyes open when I go upside down on the Mickey Mouse roller coaster and I like the Tower of Terror elevator but the ride is over before you know it..

Another boy in my girl's high school graduating class has died of heroin overdose.....these are good kids, popular kids, from good homes..... He sat one kid over from her during graduation..... This has made me heart sick..... The devastation that this causes..... Her class had 800 kids in it....

On Monday, my neighbor's family had other things going and she needed to get out to Palm Springs pronto to see her good friend who is very ill in the hospital. She called and asked if I would go with her so that she could use the carpool lane on one of the freeways.....people were going to be crowding the roads coming back from the long weekend, so she wanted to get there asap. (Palm Springs is a couple of hours or more from our area in good traffic, providing you also use 2 toll roads).... I took a quick shower and off we went..... We had a nice visit and the mountains had snow on them, so the drive was pretty...... I hope her friend improves..... She is in the Eisenhower Center and boy, that is a pretty swank hospital....we had to show our i.d's when we entered and our stickie-badges had our names and pics on them.....the Betty Ford Center is by it, but around the block.....my neighbor is a couple of years younger than me and going through all the midlife stuff......we felt like checking ourselves in....

Anyway, I'll try to get on here more often......I have missed everybody and will try to catch up on your past input when I can. I just haven't been in a good frame of mind....or else I've been too busy trying to keep this house going.

Love you all, my freebie buds!

Old 02-23-2011, 05:20 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
GB thank you for all you do. I used all the freebies I have received from here and at stores as well as all the freebies you get at hotels and gave an entire box to a friend of mine (as well as things I have never used from my linen closet)who gets them to women's shelters. When a woman enters a shelter as well as her children most of them have left home without anything and the shelters make them a bag of essentials...they are always looking for things like this.
I usually follow this rule: someone may need it more than I do and that's how I can decide where things go.

So to you GB thank you for providing these threads.
Thanks CW! I didn't realize you were a freebie frequenter.
Freebie Frequenters.....sounds like a cheap band.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:39 AM

WURZIG!!!!!
We sure have missed you around here!!! Sounds like a lot has been going on at your house. Glad to hear you had a great visit with your daughter and her boyfriend! I assume you still haven't sold your house. Are you going to actively pursue selling it in the spring....or are there certain other times of the years that houses are more prone to sell where you live? (Florida's is seasonal.)

Camper
....I think Ketabcha was referring to a sarcastic teary eye.

Since we've been discussing our daughters....here is a pic of mine:

Oddly enough, we have pretty much the same facial features, but I'm blond and brown eyed and she has dark hair and blue eyes.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:12 AM

What a completely crappy freebie day! I sure hope tomorrow is better!!!

Old 02-23-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

WURZIG!!!!!
We sure have missed you around here!!! Sounds like a lot has been going on at your house. Glad to hear you had a great visit with your daughter and her boyfriend! I assume you still haven't sold your house. Are you going to actively pursue selling it in the spring....or are there certain other times of the years that houses are more prone to sell where you live? (Florida's is seasonal.)

Camper
....I think Ketabcha was referring to a sarcastic teary eye.

Since we've been discussing our daughters....here is a pic of mine:

Oddly enough, we have pretty much the same facial features, but I'm blond and brown eyed and she has dark hair and blue eyes.
She looks just like you!!

I still haven't been able to master posting pics yet but maybe someday...

Old 02-23-2011, 07:03 AM

Wurzig!! Glad to see you. Sorry about the house not selling yet but glad you had time with your girl. My baby turns 21 in May.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:35 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,740,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Thanks CW! I didn't realize you were a freebie frequenter.
Freebie Frequenters.....sounds like a cheap band.
YUP I am ... the only problem is that I have made a bunch of requests but they don't all come.
I come here a couple times a week to check things out.

You do good GB!!!! I know it has to be a lot of work and I for one appreciate the effort you put in.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
YUP I am ... the only problem is that I have made a bunch of requests but they don't all come.
I come here a couple times a week to check things out.

You do good GB!!!! I know it has to be a lot of work and I for one appreciate the effort you put in.
You almost have to order daily. Once a freebie runs out, often times they don't figure this out until lots of people have requested it, so it depends on where you are in the request line as to whether you get it or not.

And some just never come.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:17 AM

Sorry my Good Morning pic was BOOTED from Photobucket! I forgot to transfer it to my account before posting the link. My 3 year old morning helper is quite the distraction.

Has anyone been following the earthquake/tsunami in New Zealand? They got a big one last year around this time also. Check out some of these images:
new zealand earthquake - Google Search

If you plan to donate, please consider the Red Cross. I really try to champion them after seeing their stellar efforts after 9/11. I worked for British Airways at the time and they were the one group we could depend on to help people who were stranded on one side or the other of the Atlantic or an airport somewhere in-between.

Hotels were gouging people who had spent most of their money on the vacation to begin with....and many were stuck a couple of weeks more before we could get them on a flight after air travel resumed. If their plan landed in an airport without customs, they also were without access to their luggage. They were just stuck in an airport with their traveling clothes for days on end.

It was the Red Cross who stepped up to feed, clothes and shelter thousands of stranded people....hundreds being unaccompanied minors. I always appreciated them for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff