Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2011, 11:54 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Okay, now that I'm back, I'm, um, lonely........

Where is everybody?

Today it feels like spring outside but it'll be cooler tomorrow.... I rode the exercise bike and we are going to the Y soon....gotta put some clothes into the dryer first.....

Another open house tomorrow.......

Old 03-05-2011, 03:11 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Sorry Wurzig.....I had to work today! On the way home I stopped for a box of fried chicken from Publix (grocery store) and a box of mint chocolate chip cookies. How's THAT for healthy eating?

Not sure I'll find any new freebies on a Saturday afternoon.....but I'll never know unless I look around.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:43 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,414 times
I just wanted to stop in to say HI cuz I wasn't online yesterday. I thought about you guys, though! (Geez, I hope I'm not becoming obsessed with this freebie thing. lol @myself.)

LOL Glory, I love reading your posts.

My daughter just said she loved getting the free waffle fries at Chic-fil-A, so thanks again for that link.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post
I just wanted to stop in to say HI cuz I wasn't online yesterday. I thought about you guys, though! (Geez, I hope I'm not becoming obsessed with this freebie thing. lol @myself.)

LOL Glory, I love reading your posts.

My daughter just said she loved getting the free waffle fries at Chic-fil-A, so thanks again for that link.
Some of us save them up and give little care packages to homeless or battered women's shelters..... I send some to my girl at school. The little samples make great travel sizes that can get through airport lines.. Several of us have tried new items and now we buy them!

I can think of worse obsessions!

Old 03-06-2011, 01:08 PM

I guess everyone is having an eventful weekend OFFLINE.....expect Starr and myself. (....and Wurzig!)

Here's a few funnies:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/hilarious-37-1.jpg (broken link)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff237/mareesme/Vintage%20and%20Funny%20Stuff/thstarbucks.jpg (broken link)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff237/mareesme/Vintage%20and%20Funny%20Stuff/funnyhousewife.jpg (broken link)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff237/mareesme/Vintage%20and%20Funny%20Stuff/vintagesilly8.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-06-2011, 01:16 PM

HURRY to sign up for this before the offer is over!!
http://www.city-data.com/forum/deals...w-samples.html

The picture of it on their site looks wonderful. Can't wait for it to come.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Sorry Wurzig.....I had to work today! On the way home I stopped for a box of fried chicken from Publix (grocery store) and a box of mint chocolate chip cookies. How's THAT for healthy eating?

Not sure I'll find any new freebies on a Saturday afternoon.....but I'll never know unless I look around.
That sounds like a good dinner to me! There are times, such as NOW), that I get so sick and tired of trying to figure out dinner.....and trying to find the energy to fix it....... I had wild salmon for him, but he didn't want to use up a whole cedar log for one individual piece....I had ready-made lasagne from Costco and he didn't feel like eating it...I didn't want to make a salad....I didn't even have the energy to fix a sandwich.... We got a lot of exercise yesterday and by dinnertime, I didn't even care if I ate....he bbq's some Hebrew Nationals and we were out of buns so we put them on toasted bread...it was all I could do to peel an onion and go out into the garage and find a bag of Fritos in the cabinet....he was happy to get it, poor guy.....hahahahaha! We rented Burlesque on pay-per-view and we ate a few sourdough pretzels from that big Costco tub.....

We are getting old....and we have discovered that our local IHOP gives 2 for 1 on Wednesday nights to seniors..(blue plate special for old folks, I guess...we are usually the youngest ones in the restaurant)...so he and I go there sometimes..(we had never been to an IHOP until we noticed their special....LOL)...he gets breakfast and most of the time I get potato-cheese soup and 1/2 blt....(and he sneaks half of my bacon when he thinks I am not looking) One kid is away at school.....the other kid isn't here half the time.....I get sick of cooking......AND I AM SO SICK OF GROCERY SHOPPING THAT I COULD VOMIT!

Yesterday it was about 80 degrees here......or close to it....even this close to the beach! Such a change from what we have been having lately..... Today it's cooler...cirrus clouds.....

Open house again today.....and I am going to get my hair colored and snipped later on.....the 'silver' is beginning to show....it sparkles in the brignt sunlight..... My dad had a lot of silver.....I miss him.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:29 PM

I don't particularly like to cook either. I like it for special occasions and holiday, but not on a daily basis. My daughter does all of the cooking here....now that she has moved back in. Of course, she doesn't clean up behind herself in the kitchen since I'm supposed to do the cleaning. I guess it is a fair enough swap off, but GOOD LORD she sure makes a mess.

I like IHOP, their food and selections are pretty good. Here is a link where you can sign up for Free Food from them:
http://ihopcorp.fbmta.com/members/Up...&Inputsource=W
Here's their main link so you can check the menu and new food items before you go:
IHOP

I got 'silver' too. It's hidden under all the blond bleach.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:32 PM

Thanks for the Target freebie, GB. I need to get back into this stuff...... I ordered one for my girl, too.....

I'll look at the info above later.....I need to go open more windows, light the Yankee Candle, etc....do the last minute 'spiff'....... My favorite new word 'spiff'.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:42 PM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/spiff_and_boots.jpg (broken link)

We'll have to find you a side-kick.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff