Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 08:51 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,453,950 times

Advertisements

Ketabcha, I'm not going to take the pred until I see my doc on Tuesday. I hate the side effects and really want to see if there's anything else I can try. Thanks for caring! Going to put ice packs on both feet now.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:36 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,237,332 times
Sorry I never did get back online yesterday. My schedule changed and everything went different than planned. I never got online until I was so aggravated at my offspring until I would not have been good company. I ended up reading an online book:
The social life of Scotland in the eighteenth century

TFW...I have found the biggest problem with medication is that while it helps with one ailment, it can often create another ailment elsewhere. I have noticed that the more I acid reflux meds I have to take....then the more likely my arthritis inflame. My mom says it is due to the calcium contents in the stomach meds....but I don't know.

I like Tramadol. It gives me that little boost of energy when I need it, yet I can still go to sleep at any time and sleep very well. I don't consider it a super pain killer though. All it does is just take the edge off a bit. My mom usually gives me some whenever I visit her and I use them from time to time if my arthritis is bothering me. Overall though, I try really hard to not take anything.

In your case though, you need to ask your doctor for a better pain pill. It's 2011, there is no reason for you to be in pain like that with a CVS down the road.
--------------------------------------------
HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND TO EVERYONE!

Old 09-04-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Has anyone tried the printapon? Any issues? Thanks.

Printapons - Official Website for Printable Coupons
Since I work for a newspaper, I generally have access to all the coupons I would use and rarely have to print them online....so I'm not familiar with all the coupon sites.

Maybe you could ask the same question on this thread where lots of coupon folks go:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/deals...pon-sites.html

Thanks for posting with us!

Old 09-04-2011, 11:48 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,019,232 times
Maybe we should start a temp thread... What meds do you take.

After my shoulder surgery I took Hydroco/ Norco. Like Glory said, just took the edge off things but after 6 months I started getting serious headaches if I missed one so I stopped takeing them all together . Miss my little pills....

Old 09-04-2011, 12:28 PM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/lala.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-04-2011, 01:51 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,748,758 times
Hey Glory...I have that esopageal (sp) reflux and have had it for years. I actually got tired of taking my meds which were not helping. I got me a couple of bottle which are really cheap of Bragg's apple cider vinegar. It is raw unfiltered vinegar and I take 1 tsp twice a day and mix it in a little grape juice and I noticed the difference in three days. I have not taken my stomach meds in almost three months and it has made a huge difference. I have also taken myself off of my blood pressure meds as well as my 72.00 asthma maintenance inhaler. Hopefully I made the right decision. I hate the list of side effects.
The apple cider vinegar is 3.00 a bottle and you can get it in the organic section of a supermarket or health food store. That stuff is fantastic.
I had a lot of damage in my throat from the acid and I can feel the difference.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:04 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,019,232 times
Never heard of what your doing Crazy. Interesting. My reflux is really acting up again and the meds don't do squat. Eating tums by the barrel I just hate to go back in for more testing...I hate to put put out if no one is going to take advantage of me.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:38 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,748,758 times
Camper it can't hurt to try this stuff. If you go to www.bragg.com it tells you all about it and the many uses. It actually helps with weight loss too.
I got so tired of fighting with BC/BS to renew my stomach meds and by the time you got approval it was too late and I would be in a full blown attack. Not to mention the cost of the drugs.
This really helps. I would never recommend something I myself haven't tried. I have the reflux so severe that everything washes up and burns my throat while I sleep. Never once has this happened with this stuff.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Camper it can't hurt to try this stuff. If you go to www.bragg.com it tells you all about it and the many uses. It actually helps with weight loss too.
I got so tired of fighting with BC/BS to renew my stomach meds and by the time you got approval it was too late and I would be in a full blown attack. Not to mention the cost of the drugs.
This really helps. I would never recommend something I myself haven't tried. I have the reflux so severe that everything washes up and burns my throat while I sleep. Never once has this happened with this stuff.
I think I've posted this before, but my dad explained to me it was like the little rubber flap in the toilette. Only when you get older, the flap gets wobbly and doesn't hold the acid in. This is when not only does the acid escape into your esophagus....causing burning or those nasty times when the whole thing blows. (People with acid reflux know exactly what I'm talking about!).

I will certainly get some of that vinegar on Tuesday and give it a try. Thanks so much for telling us about it. Camper, I've never found Tums to be of any help at all.

I DO find I can keep the 10 ml of the cheaper WalMart Equate stuff around to take as needed. If I watch what I eat, generally they will do the trick without me having to take the more expensive powerful stuff. I was REALLY sick last year ...but this year has been much better since I gave up all fruit, granola and liquor. I can even drink milk and eat ice cream again!!!

Remember when we were younger and this crap was all our moms talked about?

Old 09-05-2011, 07:42 AM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/HappyLaborDay1.gif (broken link)

Ended of scrapping any plans to go any place due to the weather. It IS Labor Day, so we decided to rearrange the living room instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff