Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2015, 02:14 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times

Advertisements

Glad to hear from you all - I've been bad about posting (but I do read) - Hoping you and Queenie have more good days than bad (it is heart-breaking when we lose our animal kids... I haven't been able to since I lost mine) - you've given her a good life!

Too much bad stuff happening here but trying to keep positive - I'm still alive and kicking!!

Old 09-09-2015, 07:57 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
...It's almost over!! Carpet goes in tomorrow then it's just finish work like base boards and blinds. There was one major accident, someone dented the hell out of my refrigerator door but the company is accepting responsibility for the damages. I'm going to withhold final payment until it's all resolved. Hope they don't give me a hard time. When all the dust is cleared and everyone goes away I'm going to jsut sit on my porch and wait for a cold front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
...Too much bad stuff happening here but trying to keep positive - I'm still alive and kicking!!

Camper, so glad to hear that your remodeling is almost complete. Sounds like it had some frustrating moments but I've heard of much worse. enjoy your sitting-on-the-porch time.

Flamingo, sorry about bad stuff going on. I understand -- I've had some bad times too lately but havent wanted to talk about them. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:33 PM

It's been quiet here lately. I miss seeing people post about what's going on in their lives, good or not-so-good.

I dont really have any news either. I had one bad situation in my life and, when praying to St Jude (patron saint of impossible causes) didnt work, I prayed for acceptance of the situation. That very day, things turned around and are great now.

Queenie's still hanging in there. And so am I.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:57 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
I'm here!!!

Still unpacking and hanging stuff back on the walls. Hurt my stupid knee running around in slippers , thinking I'll just be on my feet a few minutes so I'm just lazing around today.
It's kinda weird seeing my house finished after all these years. It's the house I always knew it could be. The poor dogs are having a hard time walking on the floor now and can't manage the stairs. Kinda funny but sad to see them slipping around. They'll just have to learn not to run in the house! I still need to find some stairs pads I like.

Happy to hear you and Queenie are doing good.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:50 PM

Would love to see pictures, Camper!!!! If you want to post them but cant figure out how to do so, you can send them to me via email and I'll post them for you.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:29 PM

Glad to hear the house is coming together Camper, TFW - glad that Queenie is still doing well.

I keep reading up on you all - I hate to post when things are just so/so, etc. - today I'm ticked off - I think I posted about the puppy that my friend got that she wants me to go see mid-morning EVERY weekday (which is hard on me w/health, I have to drive there, using more gas, etc.) - today the puppy was totally nuts and ruined my top. I went to my friends' job to talk to her about it and show her, she apologized, etc. - never offered to replace/reimburse me (which I would totally have done to someone doing me such a huge favor, this was the 4th week!).

Ok - now that I got that off my chest (and I think I'm going to just flat out tell her I can't do it anymore) - things are otherwise the same here (still have the same wacko relatives, neighbor, etc. LOL), I just found out that SS disability may be cut 19% by the end of next year, keeping everything crossed that it doesn't happen. Otherwise, beautiful weather lately!! nice days and cool nights (we need some rain but it's supposed to be coming pretty much all weekend) - upside of the dry weather, the grass doesn't need cut

Gettiing ready to start the wardrobe change-out (prob. do that this weekend) - summer is done. Happy that Pirates are doing so well and made it to playoffs, Steelers had an amazing game last Sun. and hoping for the same for the rest of the season.

That's all I can think of for now to whine about - hoping you all are doing well.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:08 PM

Flamingo, I read the same thing about SSDI -- that it may be cut next year -- but I also read that, since next year is an election year, the chances of such a decrease are minimal-to-none.

So sorry about your "friend"s dog and your ruined top. We could all do without such "friends".

Need rain here so badly. The east and north sides of town have been getting drenched the last two days -- but not a drop on my house.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:30 PM

693 posts, read 704,539 times
Flamingo, I met a lady when we first moved here and she would slowly ask for favors In the beginning they were small. Can you run me to the market type of thing. We were staying in the condo development that she lived in while we were waiting to make settlement on a house we bought. We finally got the house {17 miles from condo}. She called one day and asked if I could take her to the doctor. I picked her up and we had to drive 27 miles to her appt. I waited there for a total of an hour and a half. She was done and I drove her home. She got out of the car and said thanks and goodbye. She did not offer me a penny for gas. I swear that is not what I think of when I do something for a friend, but I drove nearly a hundred miles for a round trip. Gas was close to 4 bucks a gallon and I get 19 miles a gallon. I think the final straw was the aloof thanks I go when I dropped her off. And no, she didn't offer gas money, or to buy my lunch or anything.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:28 PM

Thanks ladies - I haven't heard from her yet (and I didn't go this week and don't plan to) - I just don't understand some people that think they can just "use" people - even a life-long friend I would be so thankful, offer gas, something! I certainly wouldn't EXPECT it.

Keep your fingers crossed I can get help with my refrigerator... I had no idea that Frigidaire brand isn't around much (I did research when the last one died and it was well reviewed by Consumer Reports), guy recommended doesn't do that brand - meanwhile, water leaking is ruining my floor.... I just got good news yesterday and WAS in such a good mood today until this. One step forward, two steps back it seems like. No idea why - I try to spread good Karma but Karma isn't liking me so much

Old 09-29-2015, 06:37 PM

So sorry about your fridge, Flamingo. With me, it seems as though good things come in threes and bad things come in threes. So maybe your bad luck is about to end. Hope so, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff