Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 04:46 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,200,867 times

Advertisements

It's warming up here too over the weekend. Expect it to be up to 75!! We all plan to make it a family day at Sea World. I already have the $8 a month anytime pass....but think I'll set up my daughter and son also. They only invited me so I'll keep sugarbutt (my grandson) while they get to take all the cool rides together.

It feels good with BOTH kids having jobs now. Kinda weird for all of us to be working for the same company.....but hey.....it's paychecks for all!!!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:13 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,321,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
It's warming up here too over the weekend. Expect it to be up to 75!! We all plan to make it a family day at Sea World. I already have the $8 a month anytime pass....but think I'll set up my daughter and son also. They only invited me so I'll keep sugarbutt (my grandson) while they get to take all the cool rides together.

It feels good with BOTH kids having jobs now. Kinda weird for all of us to be working for the same company.....but hey.....it's paychecks for all!!!
Hey-I'm sure your doing the happy dance. Our kids are living in our previous relocation state-miss them dearly but don't miss waiting for them to come home at night!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:41 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,438,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Say what??!! You got 80 degrees and stuff blooming??!! I am so ready to plant something!
I'm a lazy gardener - a lot of these are from bulbs I planted over 10 years ago. I just let them spread - every so often I'll buy more bulbs, stick them in the ground and then forget I planted them until they pop up 5 months later

Most of my rosemary is blooming too. The lavender blooms all year round. Slowly but surely getting rid of the water-loving lawn!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:19 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
It's still cold here in Houston but should warm up by the weekend. It does warm up mid-day so that's nice. I have an outdoor window thermometer which I enjoy so much that I bought some for my family at Christmas. I cant believe how dependent I am on checking it often:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/HomeChristmasCacti01-01-2010002-2.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-18-2010, 10:26 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
It's still cold here in Houston but should warm up by the weekend. It does warm up mid-day so that's nice. I have an outdoor window thermometer which I enjoy so much that I bought some for my family at Christmas. I cant believe how dependent I am on checking it often:
Your pots are beautiful and so are the flowers.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:28 AM

And here's another WHINE: A few months ago I ordered the freebie sample from Schwan's, which offers home delivery of food items. After that, I ordered food from Schwan's regularly for a few months. Some of the items are very tasty and I like the home delivery service (if you're not home, they leave the food in large freezer-type bags so it stays fresh).

But then my doctor advised me to stay away from certain foods, including the potatoes and other foods that I ordered from Schwan's. So I havent been ordering from them at all. Now I'm getting phone calls from them regularly and, every Thursday, the Schwan's delivery guy stops by my house to try to sell me some products.

I dont want to be rude (because that's not my style and also because I may want to order again someday) but their aggressive sales tactics are somewhat irritating. Whew, now I feel better.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:30 AM

Thanks, Ketchaba. I bought those Roseville pots on eBay. I had two garden windows installed a couple of years ago and really enjoy them. I do not have a green thumb so I have hoyas and Christmas Cacti, which bloom from Thanksgiving to Easter.

But the outdoor thermometer is what I always see first when I look at that window!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:39 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
Quote:
And here's another WHINE: A few months ago I ordered the freebie sample from Schwan's, which offers home delivery of food items. After that, I ordered food from Schwan's regularly for a few months. Some of the items are very tasty and I like the home delivery service (if you're not home, they leave the food in large freezer-type bags so it stays fresh).

But then my doctor advised me to stay away from certain foods, including the potatoes and other foods that I ordered from Schwan's. So I havent been ordering from them at all. Now I'm getting phone calls from them regularly and, every Thursday, the Schwan's delivery guy stops by my house to try to sell me some products.

I dont want to be rude (because that's not my style and also because I may want to order again someday) but their aggressive sales tactics are somewhat irritating. Whew, now I feel better.
Here is what I would do: Tell them that your doctor has put you on a very restricted diet for the time being. Thus, you won't be ordering from them for a while but hope to do so again when you get your health under control.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:42 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Quote:
LOVE the window!! The thermometer is great too. The one we have is attached to an atomic clock but has been messing up lately. I have one like yours we use in the camper, maybe I will bring it into the house.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:16 AM

Here is what I would do: Tell them that your doctor has put you on a very restricted diet for the time being. Thus, you won't be ordering from them for a while but hope to do so again when you get your health under control.

HONESTY!!! Why didnt I think of that?????? Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff