Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2010, 11:33 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times

Advertisements

Great photo, Gandalara!

Ketabcha, I read about all the snow you guys got. We got none here in Houston, although areas right north of us did. It's been SO cold here, though. Stay inside and stay warm! That's what I'm going to do this weekend.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:44 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
We went several years without snow. I really missed it after years in Kansas, NY, Ohio, Montana, PA and a year in Chicago (and Hawaii but that one does not count when we're talking about snow). So, when it snows I'm really excited....particularly so since I've retired. It's great to know that I can watch the snow out the window while I read and drink hot tea and I don't have to go any place at all. The two cats, Stella and Annie don't give a flip. Right now they are stacking Zs on my bed.

All three of us are horribly spoiled.
I'm so envious! That sounds like my ideal day, especially with a little chocolate thrown in. Lucky You. It couldn't happen to a nicer person though. We had sunshine all day! Boo! We're not used to snow either, and now, it's all gone.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:01 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,530,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
She'll be here for 18 days - has to be home for New Years Eve with her Italian boyfriend

Actually, in the picture, she's holding a cranberry and vodka. The picture was taken in Hemet (SoCal)

She's lived in Europe for a long time - she just applied and applied and applied ..... she knew that was what she wanted. And I get lots of Belgium chocolates

I don't nag, but I wish she would work here as a translator (fluent in German, French and Italian). But she likes it there. Sigh.

Oh yes, the weather is grand here in SoCal today - I need to get going to the Big Box Store and buy a new commode!
It's good to be fluent..... Boy, she could work for the United Nations, too!

My husband's great aunt used to ask for that drink every time she came here during the holidays......I don't know if it has a name.....but she lived into her late 90's, so maybe the vitamin C in it helps....

Yep, I know Hemet..... We just sold a business in Temecula....

Old 02-13-2010, 02:06 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,530,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I hope she brought plenty of warm clothes!! It is sad seeing people at the theme parks who came thinking it was always warm in Florida. Kids always have a fun time though....

I was thinking about either driving over to Disney or the Fair on Sunday....but it will have to warm up an dry up before I attempt either one.

My sister-in-law and her husband went on a Caribbean cruise the first week or so of January and nearly froze to death.... They flew from Denver to Miami.....(and their luggage got lost on the way so it started out kinda bad, too)... Their luggage got to them before they went on the ship, but they took summery clothes, sandals, etc.......

Old 02-13-2010, 08:55 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A HAPPY VALENTINES DAY......

......WITH LOTS OF FREE LOVE IN YOUR BASKET!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:04 PM

Thanks, Glory. You too!!

Old 02-14-2010, 07:10 AM

2,480 posts, read 5,321,336 times
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!

http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/valentine-htm/valentine/images/comics/jsnooval.gif (broken link)

Old 02-14-2010, 08:48 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,437,282 times
Well, I tried to send Valentine reps to y'all, but it seems I need to spread the Valentines around a bit more :-)

Old 02-14-2010, 12:21 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Well, I tried to send Valentine reps to y'all, but it seems I need to spread the Valentines around a bit more :-)
I never have enough either.

Quiet day so far. I was planning to go somewhere but it is still too cold for me to want to walk around. My daughter took the grandson to the big city park at the lake. He wouldn't sit for the picnic....but was determined to try to get into the lake to chase the swans. His day was cut short by her bringing him home. He screamed all the way!!!

It's tough laying down rules when they are so cute... but it is the best decision to make early on. I used to threaten and then not follow through. My daughter has decided she will not do that. I bet next time he will come when called.

What does everyone else have going on?

Old 02-14-2010, 12:56 PM

I enjoyed the story about your daughter and grandson, Glory. I had some incidents like that, well over 40 years ago, with my girls. I was able to be a woman of my words with my children...but my grandchildren are something else. They're just too cute.

By noon today, I had already gone to the recycling center, the dentist, the ATM, the car wash, the gas station and the grocery store. Now I'm going to take a nap. Today is the Chinese New Year and I live just a couple of blocks from the largest Chinese shopping center in Houston so I'm going to stay inside the rest of the day while they celebrate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff