Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 11:19 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times

Advertisements

Camper, is your thermometer attached to the outside of the window? I love mine. HWen I'm home I find myself checking it at least 7-8 times a day. I also have a five-day weather-forecaster (that's in communion somehow with a national weather center) inside my house but have found that the temp isnt as accurate, for my yard, as my cheapie outside window thermometer.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:28 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Yeah, Wurzig ... isn't this 80 degree weather just wicked? All my daffodils bloomed this morning. All at once! Green stems yesterday ... flowers today

Hmm. I just tried to look at your profile. "Wurzig's profile is only available to friends." We're not friends???

Gonna fix that right now.
We be friends now! I didn't get online yesterday........
I'm fairly private about person stuff as far as the public goes, but ask me in private messages and I'll tell ya what you want to know.....

I have narcissus in a big pot on the porch and also in a planter in the back yard....they always bloom long before Xmas, so by the time spring comes, I have nothing but long, droopy leaves.....sigh....

The stinking rabbits have eaten every bulb that I have ever planted in the flowerbeds in the front yard.....crocus, tulips, daffodils, hyacinths......I don't even get the flower buds anymore.......they chew the leaves when they pop up..... Last year I finally installed strong gauge wire along my gates....they were able to dig a hole and crawl under one gate, (the other gate is along a cement walkway), so I bought spikes similar to railroad spikes but not as thick at Home Depot and pounded them into the ground, so they finally gave up on the back yard.... They are sooooooo destructive! So are crows!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
You have to go to other forums that you like and give reps-if has to be many. If it's only a couple it will take awhile -like Camper said it is giving 25 rep points.
Okay, I gave one to you, too! How many does it take to get a star? Some people have a lot of them...... I'll never get one of those, but it's not super-important to me.....

Old 02-18-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
It's warming up here too over the weekend. Expect it to be up to 75!! We all plan to make it a family day at Sea World. I already have the $8 a month anytime pass....but think I'll set up my daughter and son also. They only invited me so I'll keep sugarbutt (my grandson) while they get to take all the cool rides together.

It feels good with BOTH kids having jobs now. Kinda weird for all of us to be working for the same company.....but hey.....it's paychecks for all!!!
Sugarbutt is a cute endearment.......especially when the kid turns, oh, 17........and then you say it in front of all the friends, especially friends of the opposite sex.....

I am glad they are employed......good to hear!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
You guys are too funny. When I need to "spread it around" I go over to the Internet forum and give the techs a hug or two. It does us both good...
Life is so stressful at times......mine is for sure. It feels good to act like a silly goose every once in awhile.......I think it helps to unclog the arteries... I am glad that I have been accepted on this thread.....you all are very nice.....and it all started with GloryB's freebie items....

Actually, I use city.data a lot for information on areas in other states...we are planning a retirement move.....most people have been very helpful..... And I contribute info for my area every once in awhile.... I've lived in my area for almost 25 years so I know it well....

Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
It's still cold here in Houston but should warm up by the weekend. It does warm up mid-day so that's nice. I have an outdoor window thermometer which I enjoy so much that I bought some for my family at Christmas. I cant believe how dependent I am on checking it often:
Those are very pretty. Do you feed your Christmas cactus? I have 2 and they haven't bloomed in a few years.......I feed them, but not often.... Maybe they need more direct sunlight, I dunno...

Old 02-18-2010, 11:56 AM

Life is so stressful at times......mine is for sure. It feels good to act like a silly goose every once in awhile.......I think it helps to unclog the arteries... I am glad that I have been accepted on this thread.....you all are very nice.....and it all started with GloryB's freebie items....

Actually, I use city.data a lot for information on areas in other states...we are planning a retirement move.....most people have been very helpful..... And I contribute info for my area every once in awhile.... I've lived in my area for almost 25 years so I know it well....

Your post is so good that it's worth repeating, Wurzig. The Freebie Forum is my favorite site on the whole internet.

I enjoy other C-D forums (or its it "fora"?) too. But reading certain other forums (-a?) can be stressful (to me, anyway). Some of the responses can be somewhat judgmental and even unkind. In my younger days that didnt bother me but, as I get older, I realize more how short life is and how there are real people, with real feelings, behind those computer screens. So it bothers me to see some mean, even if disguised as witty, posts.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Say what??!! You got 80 degrees and stuff blooming??!! I am so ready to plant something!
We had a massive amount of rain for the last couple of weeks.....our soil is dense and we have serious issues when it rains in buckets.....

This week we are having spring-going-into-summer in Southern California.....not kidding........I am in shorts again today....... But it is supposed to cool off and we might get a few showers tomorrow evening and possibly some next week..... People will be tricked into thinking that winter is over; they'll plant annual flowers and then it'll get too cold again.....

We need all the rain we can get, but sadly, we get too much at one time....

Old 02-18-2010, 11:59 AM

Do you feed your Christmas cactus? I have 2 and they haven't bloomed in a few years.......I feed them, but not often.... Maybe they need more direct sunlight, I dunno...

I use those cheap plant food sticks. Actually, I've stopped using them because they work too well and my plants started outgrowing the pots. I water them well every 2-3 weeks. The most important thing is probably the direct sunlight. I have a couple of Christmas Cacti in the kitchen about 18" from a window and they dont seem to bloom as well as the ones in the garden windows.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:18 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Camper, is your thermometer attached to the outside of the window? I love mine. HWen I'm home I find myself checking it at least 7-8 times a day. I also have a five-day weather-forecaster (that's in communion somehow with a national weather center) inside my house but have found that the temp isnt as accurate, for my yard, as my cheapie outside window thermometer.
No. The one attached to the clock has a thing stuck to a pole outside and the one in the camper has a thing to go outside too. Is yours just a thing that sticks to the inside of the window??? Where oh where do I get one? Walmart? Can i use the word thing one more time in this sentence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff