Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 06:39 AM

31 posts, read 23,672 times

Advertisements

If the cop or the SAO produces a simple dash-cam from following you and you're not staying in your own lane, you're automatically TOAST, and it doesn't matter what you say as a defense. Just pay-up and book on, pal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 01:00 PM

13,064 posts, read 18,179,062 times
THIS SHOULD SERVE AS A WARNING FOR ALL. I volunteer with the International students in the Rehoboth Beach area and several of them have received tickets for failure to use hand signals, and failure to obey stop signs. This should be observed by all both drivers and and cyclists alike.

The students have the new law behind them to bike on the sidewalk in BOTH directions on either side of the street. There have been several accidents on Route 1, because a driver naturally is looking toward the traffic when attempting to exit a parking lot to enter Route 1 and not looking toward the opposite direction at all. The students have been told to make eye contact with the driver, but that is not always possible if he is only looking in one direction. They have taken chances and will no doubt continue to take chances and that is how accidents happen,

I would encourage all to look out for the bikes on the road and sidewalk.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:07 PM

32,977 posts, read 36,484,630 times
While I agree with what you're saying, it doesn't address the OP's post.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:00 PM

13,064 posts, read 18,179,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
While I agree with what you're saying, it doesn't address the OP's post.
Right you are and I should know not to hijack a thread or at least tie it together. My point was they are ticketing bicyclists too, so the general public should be aware that the rules apply and you will be ticketed, as has been pointed out. Thanks for the reminder. My bad.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:59 PM

32,977 posts, read 36,484,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Right you are and I should know not to hijack a thread or at least tie it together. My point was they are ticketing bicyclists too, so the general public should be aware that the rules apply and you will be ticketed, as has been pointed out. Thanks for the reminder. My bad.
Hijack away. I do it all the time. Seriously, I've seen some cyclists who deserve a ticket. A few seem to think that because they're on two wheels, that the laws don't apply to them.

* I wonder if the OP really (still) thinks he was in his lane. Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't. I once received a ticket which I didn't deserve, and I felt very angry about it. Not much you can do about it though.

Last edited by Gerania; 07-20-2016 at 10:10 PM..

Old 07-23-2016, 09:25 PM

3 posts, read 2,149 times
I accidentally counterflowed awhile ago 😭 Will I get a ticket for that? There was no cop but someone saw me I don't know if they took a picture of my license plate 😭 I was so stupid 😭

Old 07-25-2016, 02:35 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,597,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklineBiker View Post
Hi everyone,
We were driving through Delaware recently & were issued a traffic ticket by the State Police for failure to stay within a single lane. I believe the officer erred in issuing the ticket. How does the appeals process work? Thanks!
The ticket issued describes more than one situation...Were you swerving out of the lane onto the road shoulder? Did he ask you why or give a breathalyzer?
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice...n_lane_charge/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: