Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 09:04 PM

377 posts, read 1,114,631 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone has gotten to visit the new children's museum in Wilmington. I know that this was the opening weekend for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 10:32 AM

I just wanted to write that I went today and it was great. My kids loved it. It is a great addition to the Riverfront area.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:16 PM

604 posts, read 2,010,445 times
Thanx Sandee for sharing that. With your enthusiasm, curiosity, energy in sharing you make us proud to call you one of us.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:35 PM

381 posts, read 1,365,388 times
How long did it keep your kids entertained? How busy was it?

I hear it's great for younger ones, but that it probably wouldn't be enough to keep my 7 year old entertained. I'm planning on getting passes for myself and my daughter, but I'm trying to decide if we should get them before school gets out, or if we should wait until next school year.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 PM

My two younger children (ages 4 and 2) were entertained for a good hour and a half. I think a 7 year old would like it a lot. My 10 year old would like it for about 20 minutes. They say the best ages are for 2-8 year old children.

We got passes.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,057 times
Thumbs down Delaware Children's Museum

We took our grand kids there (2, 4, 6) and they had a good time for the first 30 to 45 minutes - especially the 2 and 4 year old, but definitely not worth the $12 per person "for ages 1 to 101." Fortunately we can afford it, but it's a shame that it is out of the reach of a lot of kids who probably need it the most.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,873 times
I just wanted to say that I work at the DCM and we have had an overwhelmingly positive response. In response to fredjones, we are currently working on programs and ways to make the admission more accessible to lower income families and schools. As for the age discussion, we say that our target age range is 12mo. - 12 yrs. but I also tell people that I don't completely agree with that. I am, for all intensive purposes, an adult, and my fiance and I came and played for a full two hours. I think it all depends on the person. If you're goofy and enjoy playing with others, you'll have a great time. Come with a positive attitude and wear tennis shoes (skirts are ...probably... not a great idea :P) and you'll have fun! Plan for at least two hours and you're more than welcome to bring your lunch and enjoy it in our seating area (the same area that will be housing a cafe (most likely) by the end of Sept.)

Have fun and I'll see you there!

Old 07-29-2010, 07:36 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,878,985 times
I agree, a big minus is the relatively high admission - I would love a family package (we came with 2 adults and 4 kids and everybody payed 12 dollars ) - as someone else said, we can afford it (every now and then), but childrens museum should be accessible for everybody.
lots of lower income families live right next door and can't afford it - that's sad. would be a great progress if that could get changed

we went there once for my 7 year old birthday party. we did not buy a package (as far as I remember it was over 300 dollars ?), just paid admission for 8 children and 3 adults and had a great time for over 2 hours. the oldest was 13 and was busy all the time.
I can't imagine, how a kid can be done after 45 minutes actually.

I am sure, we could have spent one more hour, did not even make it to the crafts room.
the climbing structure in the lobby is amazing and very close to a lot of places, I know from germany

we will definitely go there again and I am happy, we finally don't have to drive all the way to philly !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: