Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 PM

39 posts, read 268,788 times

Advertisements

I have heard that a large percentage of residents of Colorado live in the suburbs. Does anyone have any opinion on which suburb is best if one is concerned about great schools, low crime, and well-maintained neighborhoods? Is North, South, East, or West of Denver better? Do they have their own distinct personalities or demographics? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 04:58 PM

156 posts, read 947,064 times
Each direction has nice suburbs. I couldnt tell you about the schools. You might get 20 different opinions about which area is the nicest. You cant go wrong in each direction. What else are you looking for?

Old 07-14-2007, 10:57 PM

50 posts, read 222,373 times
Broomfield!

Old 07-19-2007, 07:55 AM

2 posts, read 3,846 times
We are in the process of moving from Charlotte, NC to the Denver area. We're buying a house in Parker, closing tomorrow. Parker is a surb the SE corner of Denver.

Reasons:
-Parts of it were older (10-12yrs) so these areas had larger trees.
-After researching schools I felt that the Douglas County schools were the best Public Schools, our son in going into 11th.
-The main rd thru the area is Parker rd (N to S), which is wide and runs fairly smooth. Parker rd meets most of the main E to W streets on the south side of town, it also meets up with E-470 (loop) and in a roundabout way meets up with I-225.
-Parker has a small downtown area that gives a feel of living in a small town instead of a burb.
-Cherry Creek park system, which is basically a large main creek that leads to the man made lake, but they don't allow building next to the river so instead there are walking/running trails along it.
-Lastly commute to works - My husbands job is in Littleton (SW corner) while mine work will be in the NE corner of Denver. Parker was meeting in the middle.

We looked at:
Castle Rock and while it was nice it felt so far away and I've been told that the weather is worst down there.
Lonetree which was nice but there were not many houses on the market when we were looking and the ones that were for sales were up there in price.

For just the straight numbers on Colorado schools take a look at this site:
School Accountability Report - School Search (http://reportcard.cde.state.co.us/reportcard/CommandHandler.jsp - broken link)
For information on cities, including crime numbers check out this site:
http://www.city-data.com/

Old 07-20-2007, 02:42 PM

20 posts, read 67,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashawclan View Post
We are in the process of moving from Charlotte, NC to the Denver area. We're buying a house in Parker, closing tomorrow. Parker is a surb the SE corner of Denver.

[/url]
I live in California and my husband and I have been seriously looking at N.Carolina. However, someone else told us to look at the Denver area because N.C. isn't what it used to be. We were looking at the Raleigh area. May I ask what caused you to leave NC?

Old 08-06-2007, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,846 times
My husbands company bought another company out west two year ago. After all the intergration was done they wanted him to manager that part of the business. I wasn't excited about dealing with the winters but everyone tells me that they are a piece of cake compared to that of the Mid-West, where we originally come from, we'll see. Love the summer weather!!

I don't know anything about the Raleigh area but I have heard great things. Not sure what your looking for that NC would have changed that much. Housing cost has gone up but that is everywhere. Our neighbors came from California and went from a small house there to what they considered a manision in NC and it cost them less. No matter where you decide to move I would visit first.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:49 AM

38 posts, read 121,711 times
to mover from Calif. to possibly Denver...........I did the same a couple of years ago and am desperately seeking out of here.
some negatives:
high altitude, I get tired more easily all the time.
dry, dry , and very dry, I look 5 years older than anywhere else I have lived.
It is a lie, you dont get more land for your dollar, small yards everywhere.
You had better love to ski and drive many hours to do it, I do not.

best wishes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver