Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 02:14 PM

305 posts, read 770,441 times

Advertisements

I agree, Katiana. There is more to life than the CC School District, lol! And yes, Blobbin--as I stated in my post, it is always a good idea not to rely on test scores alone, as they are more a reflection of the community than the school itself. My advice is always to visit the schools you're considering and to talk to both the teachers and administrators before deciding where to send your kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 03:47 PM

31 posts, read 55,466 times
I am completely unfamilar with the area, but I think his work will be in the "downtown" area, near 20th and Broadway. He may work from home a few days a week, travel a few days a week, and work at teh office a few days of the week.

I would prefer to live close but still in a neighborhood where my kids can play with other kids, are safe with good schools, etc. LOL, hopefully there is a place like that around there.

My daughter has some health concerns, so besides a good children's hospital, we need to be in a good school where they are concerned about their students and proactive about student health. I know it sounds lame, but a school nurse recognized that she was having an ashtma attack and was able to administer medication before it escalated beyond their realm of capability. I am grateful for these type of people and will move our further if I need to in order to find this.

A place with a rec center sounds really great--do most neighborhoods have this?

Old 02-17-2011, 04:03 PM

60 posts, read 74,043 times
You sound like you'd be happiest in Highlands Ranch.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:31 PM

Both Highlands Ranch and SE Aurora (and especially Parker!) are a bit of a jaunt from downtown, probably at least 30 minutes depending on traffic. If hubby is only commuting a few times a week he might not mind, but otherwise the drive might get old.

There are areas in Denver that would be less of a commute and are family-friendly (Southmoor and Park Hill come immediately to mind but there are many others). The main drawback is that you will get less house and yard for the money than in the suburbs. You'll also want to do some research on schools. Both of these areas are fairly close to major hospitals, and Park Hill, in particular, is right near National Jewish on Colorado Blvd., one of the nation's leading asthma & respiratory hospitals.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:34 PM

Sorry, forgot your last question! Many newer areas have nice rec centers--you'll have to check with any particular neighborhood you're considering. I'm most familiar with The Trails in SE Aurora, since that's my neck of the woods. It is a truly gorgeous facility. Here's the link: Home

Old 02-18-2011, 03:39 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,083,746 times
Again...Stapleton!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver