Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:49 AM

43 posts, read 153,413 times

Advertisements

Hi and thanks in advance for your replies. We will be moving this summer and were originally thinking Boulder since my husband will be working at CU but the rental options are not great.

We're now looking at Denver, particularly Stapleton, since my career options are much great in Denver and our daughter could go to one of the neighborhood schools. At least one of us won't have to commute we hope.

Does anyone have other resources for home rentals, at least 3 bedrooms, other than craigslist?

We would like to rent beginning in June or July.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 11:25 AM

60 posts, read 74,043 times
A)DPS schools are awful. Im not sure why you would want to send your daughter to one.

B)East Denver to Boulder is a NIGHTMARE of a commute. ONE thing I think Denver lacks (Aside from good public schools) is good East/West arteries.

C)Craigslist is really the only market for home rentals in Denver.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBattleMC View Post
A)DPS schools are awful. Im not sure why you would want to send your daughter to one.

B)East Denver to Boulder is a NIGHTMARE of a commute. ONE thing I think Denver lacks (Aside from good public schools) is good East/West arteries.

C)Craigslist is really the only market for home rentals in Denver.
Hi - and thanks. I need lots of help right now. I've gotten differing views on both commute and the Bill Roberts school but I really appreciate this. We're not ruling out anything yet, even back to Boulder if I find work.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:37 PM

6,813 posts, read 9,357,536 times
This site was called StapletonForRent.com at one time. Looks like they still have a lot of Stapleton listings.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
This site was called StapletonForRent.com at one time. Looks like they still have a lot of Stapleton listings.

Thank you!!! This site is just what I've been looking for.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
WiW

167 posts, read 577,891 times
hotpads.com

Old 02-21-2011, 03:06 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,217,846 times
I know you did not solicit this type of advice but as a family of four, with two working parents with long commutes and first-hand experience with living in both Boulder and Denver, and commuting to the opposite city, points in between, Lakewood and Denver south over the past 10 years, no one could pay me to live in Stapleton and drive to Boulder and back 5 days a week. The commute in to Boulder is ROUGH (eastbound on 36 is the reverse commute -- are you aware of this?). I live in Broomfield and during the 8am hour, if you take 36 into Boulder, it can take you 40 min at times -- FROM BROOMFIELD. Most days I commute from Broomfield to Aurora, Anschutz Med Campus -- 5 minutes east of Stapleton. It takes me 40 min in the morning in good traffic and an hour home every evening. in fact, I drive through the heart of Stapleton EVERY night to avoid stretches of miserable 70 and 270 and get on at Vasquez. Would take even longer if I didn't do this. This is all going the opposite direction your husband would go.

If we were in your shoes, we'd rent in Superior or Louisville, have access to some the best schools in the state, BVSD, (all the elems, middles and high) in both Superior and Louisville are terrific), be closer to the mountains and be done with it. I spent five years commuting from Superior to uptown Denver and it was no sweat as far as "long" commute options.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:22 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,217,846 times
Oh, and as far as your only-child/school concern, being familiar with the neighborhoods and how friendly and welcoming people are, I would easily choose Superior or Louisville. -- Idlewile (only child)

Old 02-21-2011, 03:48 PM

60 posts, read 74,043 times
That is good advice (Louisville schools).

Old 02-21-2011, 06:02 PM

115 posts, read 229,054 times
Quote:
This is just total horse****. Why is it every post I read from you is a baseless repeat of the one before it? Denver is a ghetto, all schools in Denver are terrible, you will get shot in Aurora. Get some new material and perhaps some actual experience with that which you like to write about.

Moving on, I agree with the above posters, the commute to Boulder daily would be rough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver