Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2007, 06:24 AM

12 posts, read 28,043 times

Advertisements

my husband reports to buckley afb in march, and we were having a really hard time coming up with a housing area that is affordable, not too far from work, and in a decent school district (we will have one in 5-1st while we are stationed there).

i am now looking at other options such as living in the base housing, and driving our daughter to another school we can opt in to, are somethign private. I am still not sure on the area, though. The schools do not look good ther, and that is usually an indication of neighborhoods, not to mention everythign i've always been told about living too close to a military base ....

anyone know there area? lived in the housing? jet noise doesn't bother me, we're used to it. i'm more worried about crime, and just the general feel of the area. we'll have a 4yo, a 2yo and a newborn, so i don't want to feel like i'm constantly looking over my shoulder.

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2007, 12:04 PM

48 posts, read 180,736 times
Hi! I know exactly how you feel about feeling safe. I was in the Army and my husband and I were stationed at Fort Carson several years back. I'm familiar with the military and relocation. I know it's extremely hard on families.

I haven't worked much in the Buckley area but I would do some research on neighborhoods. You can use a great resource at trulia.com/real_estate/aurora-colorado This will give you community information including crime, etc.

If you are interested in local school information, you can find it at GreatSchools.net This site will give you CSAP testing scores and ratings of elementary schools (public and private) and preschools as well. Depending on what type of preschool you are interested in, there are lots of great resources. I can direct you to some if you would like. My youngest of three is in a private preschool right now.

There is affordable housing...you just have to search constantly to get a feel for how much house you can get for your money in which neighborhoods. Since you are not coming until March you have plenty of time to research. I have talked with the Buckley Housing Office and I know they have some resources available for those who are looking to possibly buy while stationed here.

I can also let you know about a site where you can search the MLS for free anytime and you don't have to register. If you private message me, I can email you the website.

Also, if you need more specific neighborhood info, let me know. I can help you out.

Take care and good luck! I have a special fondness for military families since I've been there and done that!

Old 09-15-2007, 08:34 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Southern Aurora has one of the best school districts in the state, Cherry Creek. There are houses under $200,000 in that school district. Look at the public MLS - REcolorado.com - brought to you by Metrolist Inc.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:49 PM

168 posts, read 622,360 times
Default Buckley area

Hi - I was in the Air Force and now live close to Buckley in a neighborhood named Murphy Creek - where there a lots of military families. Other popular communities close to Buckley are Tallgrass, Tollgate Crossing, Sorrell Ranch, Wheatlands, The Conservatory. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: