Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 04:06 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,001,101 times

Advertisements

Not are are separate offices, the DMV/Title place is the same office in Littleton

Does have a separate line but it's like 5 feet apart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 04:52 PM

136 posts, read 259,097 times
I called the emissions office and the person I spoke with told me they don't have the technology to emissions-test hybrids yet. So we're off the hook for that reason.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:23 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
If you even try to get in the emissions test line, the technicians will walk up with some thingies in their hands and not know where to stick 'em. Then they ask, "is this a hybrid?", and you confirm, and they send you on your way. So don't even go, it's not required for hybrids (I have an 05' Civic Hybrid, I speak from experience here).

You will need a VIN verification if bringing in the car from out of state (this can be done at the plate office).

Since you live in the C/C of Denver, I recommend going to the Montbello office (N of I-70/Peoria), mid-week, when they open (7 or 8 IIRC).

Old 05-09-2012, 04:08 PM

Update:
Went to the offices out in Aurora north off of I70 and Pearl. My GPS didn't like the address or something and took me to a strip mall across the road.

On a Thursday at 2pm my wait was 45 minutes. Not too bad, but I wish they had a jeopardy game in there or something. It was a maddening wait - nothing to do but stare at each other. Bring your magazines!! Surprised people don't explode in there. At the DMV in Des Moines there are large screens that play videos of salt water fish swimming around. Sounds weird, but little things like that can go a long way.

I went next door afterward to do the drivers license part and was told the computers had been down for 1.5 hrs and no telling when they'd be back up. They'd been on the fritz for the last three weeks. I guess if you can't budget for adequate IT help you probably are not getting salt-water fish tank video next door. It burned me up a bit to consider what a waste our our taxpayer money it is to have down time like that with clerks just standing there on hold. Maybe they should bring computer science books to work....? I was probably just steamed because on the way there I got stuck behind a city road crew vehicle where a guy was loading blockade signs into his vehicle at - I kid you not- a c r a w l. Never have seen a guy walk so slowly on the job.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:57 PM

An update on wait times:

Was at the Aurora office at 9am. Waited 60 minutes for 3 minutes of service to get registration/plates.

Walked next door and waited 2.5 hours for 2 minutes of service to get a CO drivers' license.

Total cost: nearly $200.

Thank heaven for online renewals. I hope I never have to do that again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver