Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:48 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
Has anyone tried this fish and chip place GB Fish and Chips.
I love the one on South Broadway. Have not been to the one in Edgewater.
Yelp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 AM

31 posts, read 48,425 times
Default GBs

I visit the broadway store a lot, and GB's is as good as I have found here for a chippie.
On my way to Scotland next week and I am pretty sure I will find better.
GB's motto:
In Cod We Trust

Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 PM
WiW

167 posts, read 577,891 times
The GB Fish & Chips on Colfax is great too!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:32 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
There's a place called Oceanaire downtown, and it was pretty damn good.

Being from the DC/MD area, I grew up eating Maryland Blue Crab cakes. I've been all over the country and tried what they advertise on the menu as Maryland Blue Crab Cakes, but nobody has ever come close. But Oceanaire's crab cakes were just like back in MD. Best I've ever had outside of Baltimore.

A little pricey maybe, but Sweet Mary...it was good.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:55 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
...Oceanaire's crab cakes were just like back in MD. Best I've ever had outside of Baltimore....
For sure I'm gonna give that a try, even if it is a 120-mile round trip....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:29 PM

403 posts, read 1,325,557 times
I don't recall which GB's I've been to (it was only once), but I did really like the fish and chips there.

The Yabby Hut does a pretty good job with their seafood broil. We've been there a couple of times with friends, and we've always been pleased with our meals.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:46 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
For sure I'm gonna give that a try, even if it is a 120-mile round trip....
I vote for a c-d meetup!

Crabplace on f-book is running a $300 award if you guess the score of Saturday's BIG game. Gonna give everyone crabs!

Old 01-10-2013, 04:15 PM

833 posts, read 1,712,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I vote for a c-d meetup!

Crabplace on f-book is running a $300 award if you guess the score of Saturday's BIG game. Gonna give everyone crabs!

I think the way I read that and the way you intended that just went in opposite directions!

Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 PM

431 posts, read 1,241,814 times
Sushi Den on Pearl flies in fresh fish everyday. Really good sushi but always a long wait, even on weeknights. They are expanding to the north which is good.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:06 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,350,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
There's a place called Oceanaire downtown, and it was pretty damn good. A little pricey maybe, but Sweet Mary...it was good.
I realize this thread stopped months ago, but I was wondering what others thought of Oceanaire vs Ocean Prime. The SO is taking me out for my b'day Tues & is leaving the choice to me. I'm a newcomer so can only go by Yelp or various online reviews... they're about equal.

He mentioned Briarwood & Chart House around or passed Golden, but since it will be a snow day/night here & cold, I wanted to stay downtown (closer to home). I ruled out Jax because I wasn't as interested in their menu as much as the other 2, which are more wide & varied, with ingredients I'd better enjoy. Would like the best fish... sadly, I'm allergic to shellfish & we need a break from chicken/steak.

I'm leaning towards Oceanaire, just due to their menu. But, based on menu alone, either would be good. Preferences for 1 vs the other anyone?

Also, has anyone been to Corridor 44, the champagne bar in Larimer Sq? He thought it might be nice to stop in afterwards, but frugal lass that I am, their website says they have $4 champagne cocktails from 4-6pm, M-F, so I say before. Anyone try it?

We're not big drinkers, so after 2-3 cocktails I promise not to drunk post afterwards. Following day, after a good strong espresso & a couple of aspirin, I shall leave my feedback.

Thanks so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver