Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 11:41 AM

2 posts, read 5,221 times

Advertisements

Hello

Currently my husband and I are living in Littleton, where we both grew up, we are home searching and found our perfect house not in Littleton, but off of Federal between Belleview and Oxford. We love the house but I'm concerned about the neighborhood. I see that there has been a lot of development at the shopping centers around Federal and Belleview and that most of the houses in the area are cared for, but the school systems still rank low and there are still some areas that need help. Does anyone know about this area? Are younger families moving in from other suburbs? Is it safe? Are home values stable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 12:52 PM

17,706 posts, read 29,800,391 times
address? There are 2 or 3 jurisdictions in that area
what ages are your children?

Old 06-08-2014, 01:00 PM

2 posts, read 5,221 times
It's on Edgemore Dr zip code 80110, no children yet...

Old 06-08-2014, 01:40 PM

17,706 posts, read 29,800,391 times
Well,
If it is 3157 W Edgemore Dr, Englewood, CO 80110 is For Sale - Zillow
then that is the city of ???.
I thought Sheridan, but the Arapahoe County assessor says: Englewood, but on the parcel map it is in Sheridan.
This map http://ci.sheridan.co.us/documentcenter/view/169 says Sheridan.

"The median income for a household in the city of Sheridan was $34,984, and the median income for a family was $38,500."
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Colorado.html

Run away.

Also, if it is THIS house.
Then, I would would not buy it.
Most expensive in neighborhood.
The kitchen was "improved" to make it sell faster and bump up the price. Why not buy one with a crappy kitchen and renovate the kitchen yourself for less money? And, you will know the quality of the work.

Last edited by davebarnes; 06-08-2014 at 02:25 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 01:43 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
As a whole, Englewood has been steadily improving for many of years. In my view it is past the tipping point. Part of what makes it attractive to the young couples and the young families who are moving in is the walkability of the neighborhood as well as the affordability and the proximity to both downtown and DTC.

This specific part of Englewood is the one that I am least familiar with. It does not have the walkability that much of the rest of Englewood has. It also looks like this is part of the Sheridan School District which is worse then the Englewood school district. You can always choice your kids into the LPS district but the reputation of the district could keep buyers away if you decide to sell.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of this specific area of Englewood can give you more info.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:48 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,662,406 times
It looks like Sheridan to me, but the best way to tell is to call the City of Sheridan and ask them. I used to work there, and they are nice people.

I think that most of the recent development around Federal and Belleview is in the City of Littleton, although the northeast corner is the City of Englewood. And I believe that the northwest corner is in the City of Denver. Very confusing place!

Old 06-08-2014, 08:03 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,604,049 times
If you both grew up in Littleton you probably know that even though the property is technically in Englewood it's pretty much removed from Englewood proper. So the walkability and easy access to light rail is not available on that side of the river. You'd be much more aligned with Sheridan than Englewood and while Sheridan has done a lot of urban renewal (135 acres at Riverpoint) it doesn't seem that the demographics have really changed. I'd be somewhat concerned about the crime rate, and for resale I don't believe it's a highly attractive neighborhood to potential buyers. But that could change in the future I suppose. You've already noticed the brand new amazing grocery store at Federal and Belleview, and a new library is being built near Federal and Oxford. Another plus is that Englewood does not have watering restrictions like the rest of the 'burbs (very old water rights). Good luck making your decision!

Old 06-09-2014, 12:24 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,024,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Well,
If it is 3157 W Edgemore Dr, Englewood, CO 80110 is For Sale - Zillow
then that is the city of ???.
I thought Sheridan, but the Arapahoe County assessor says: Englewood, but on the parcel map it is in Sheridan.
If you look at that listing it says Sheridan Schools. They are clearly trying to pass it off as Englewood, because it has an Englewood zip code.

Years ago I knew someone who rented a house in that neighborhood. When he gave me his new phone number, I said: Oh, thats a Littleton phone number. I thought you said it was in Englewood. He said it is in Englewood, 80110. I grabbed a city map and looked it up. Turned out he was actually living in Denver. Which just proves that half the residents there, don't even know what city they are living in. Englewood, Sheridan, Littleton, or Denver.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:39 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,024,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
If you both grew up in Littleton you probably know that even though the property is technically in Englewood it's pretty much removed from Englewood proper. So the walkability and easy access to light rail is not available on that side of the river.
I'm not sure that thats correct. Walking to Oxford - Sheridan Light Rail Station would be possible. Though maybe not the best idea. There is also direct bus service (Route 51) from that area to the light rail station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver