Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 04:12 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Last place I ate out was last night at Subway. Meatball sub. Not great.
Subway needs to change its campaign slogan. It is definitely not eating fresh. I worked at Subway during my senior year of high school. Back then we cut everything fresh. Now everything is pre-processed and shipped in. Needless to say I stopped eating there a long time ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 08:33 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
NoNo's Cafe in Littleton, cajun/New Orleans place.

I thought it was pretty damn good. their shrimp bisque was delish, mac and cheese (they're known for it) was awesome, and their crap dip bread was super yummy. I also had a bite of my wife's shrimp po boy, I'll be getting that next time.

9/10 for this place.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:24 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
NoNo's Cafe in Littleton, cajun/New Orleans place.

I thought it was pretty damn good. their shrimp bisque was delish, mac and cheese (they're known for it) was awesome, and their crap dip bread was super yummy. I also had a bite of my wife's shrimp po boy, I'll be getting that next time.

9/10 for this place.

That is right around the corner from me but I have yet to try it. Might have to take the family.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:24 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
We haven't been to NoNo's for quite awhile. Thanks for the reminder. It's a favorite for extended family get-togethers, and we always get crabmeat au gratin for the table.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:33 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,001,101 times
NoNos is good, they have a really good sausage po-boy

Old 07-09-2014, 03:54 PM

229 posts, read 423,691 times
Not sure this one has been posted yet but Bistro Barbes in Park Hill was phenomenal. Small and intimate and food was simple but divine. Great service and will definitely be back!

Oh and the new Shabu Shabu joint in the highlands, think it's called Kobe An Shabu Shabu was also great. A bit pricey and the portions were a bit small but I heard they have since adjusted the menu.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:36 PM

306 posts, read 546,385 times
Watercourse Foods. I have just 3 words for Watercourse Foods - AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING!!
(Ok I have more than 3 words). We ate there today, and it was our first visit. You have the option of sitting indoors, and there's lots of seating indoors, or you can sit on the patio, which looked nice too. Great vegetarian / vegan food, several comfort food type dishes, great appetizers, amazing sandwiches and even more amazing Entrees! I was very impressed with the meal, and so were my non-vegan / non-vegetarian lunch buddies. The only thing we didn't try there was their drinks. Actually drinks and desserts. Everything else was amazing, and we'll be returning very soon! Btw breakfast is served all day, and there's the usual lunch and dinner stuff too.

PS. Apparently another Native Foods in opening, and this one is going to be fairly close to Watercourse Foods. I hope both will be able to do well as both are amazing! It's awesome that Denver is having more and more options for vegetarians and vegans! Yay!

WaterCourse Foods

Old 07-10-2014, 12:43 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
and we always get crabmeat au gratin for the table.
Yes! That's what I had. It was freakin' delicious

Old 07-18-2014, 08:49 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Had a fun week of business meetings and eating out.

Tuesday: Breakfast at Jelly U. Highly recommended
Dinner at Comida. Tried to hit Acorn but they were closed for some reason. Comida has great tacos. If you're in to the gourmet taco thing they are well worth checking out. http://www.eatcomida.com/cantina-menu/
Added bonus is having Crooked Stave Brewery in the same building.

Wednesday: Dinner at Old Major. This place is amazing. I thought about the ridiculous thread calling Denver the worst big city for food while the waitress was telling me that they had just butchered pigs from a local farm today. I had the whole Colorado Striped Bass. My friends both had the nose to tail. On the short list of best restaurants in Denver. http://oldmajordenver.com/wp-content...06_17_2014.pdf

Thursday: Dinner at The Kitchen. I've been here 4 times now and have not had a bad bite of food.
http://thekitchen.com/wp-content/upl...nverDinner.pdf

Old 07-19-2014, 01:00 PM

229 posts, read 423,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Had a fun week of business meetings and eating out.

Tuesday: Breakfast at Jelly U. Highly recommended
Dinner at Comida. Tried to hit Acorn but they were closed for some reason. Comida has great tacos. If you're in to the gourmet taco thing they are well worth checking out. Cantina Menu | Eat Comida
Added bonus is having Crooked Stave Brewery in the same building.

Wednesday: Dinner at Old Major. This place is amazing. I thought about the ridiculous thread calling Denver the worst big city for food while the waitress was telling me that they had just butchered pigs from a local farm today. I had the whole Colorado Striped Bass. My friends both had the nose to tail. On the short list of best restaurants in Denver. http://oldmajordenver.com/wp-content...06_17_2014.pdf

Thursday: Dinner at The Kitchen. I've been here 4 times now and have not had a bad bite of food.
http://thekitchen.com/wp-content/upl...nverDinner.pdf
Nice review SkyDog and totally agree. Jelly is one of our fave breakfast joints, man those biscuits are off the hook!

Haven't been to Comida yet, but Old Major is quite good too. Reminds me of a more accessible squeaky bean. Not quite so over the top different, but very creative and amazingly good. Kitchen is great too. The one in Glendale (Kitchen next door) has a great rooftop patio.

Went to the SugarMill last night.....OMG. Some of the most insanely good desserts. It's Troy Guard's new joint across from Work and Class which was packed to the gills. The Noahsphere is one of the most unique and delish desserts I've ever had. Our table of 8 got 3 of them and they were gone in about 2 minutes flat.

I still can't understand how people complain about the food here and always seem to turn the conversation to Mexican (tex-mex and how everything is green chile smothered), pizza, and burgers. In this thread alone there are countless great restaurants listed and yet, it's like the people who complain glaze over the places mentioned and talk about places I've honestly never heard of and I've lived here for 35 years.

I sound like a broken record here, but Denver is not about burger, mexican food, and pizza. Our bread and butter these days is little tapas joints and farm to table. Those places are all off the charts and would go toe to toe with any major cities great restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver