Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 09:00 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,016,532 times

Advertisements

To the post above mine ....Edibles do not come in the strength I need . Most of them cannot even tell you if you are ingesting indica or sativa . Which can make a huge difference . I am a 56 yr old and you read my post earlier , what does age have to do with this . You act like we are all in the cast of Fast Times At Ridgemont High or something . Its more . If you saw Journey then you saw Def Leppard if it was this year . I cannot believe you were shocked to see that ?? and were THRILLED to see people getting kicked out ?? Jeez we were doing that back in the 70's . Plus you are here bragging on ratting people out . No one likes that .

Plus you don't even LIVE where we are , why do you go to those places you know it's going to be ? Journey plays plenty of states and I'm sorry but we have been doing a lot worse things than poor old weed in LA for 100+ years now .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 09:35 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,612,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
To the post above mine ....Edibles do not come in the strength I need . Most of them cannot even tell you if you are ingesting indica or sativa . Which can make a huge difference . I am a 56 yr old and you read my post earlier , what does age have to do with this . You act like we are all in the cast of Fast Times At Ridgemont High or something . Its more . If you saw Journey then you saw Def Leppard if it was this year . I cannot believe you were shocked to see that ?? and were THRILLED to see people getting kicked out ?? Jeez we were doing that back in the 70's . Plus you are here bragging on ratting people out . No one likes that .

Plus you don't even LIVE where we are , why do you go to those places you know it's going to be ? Journey plays plenty of states and I'm sorry but we have been doing a lot worse things than poor old weed in LA for 100+ years now .
I think the poster you are responding to is over exaggerating quite a bit. I highly doubt they smelled pot in the LA traffic and they certainly have no idea what a "pot head" is. If the poster is an IT professional as they say they are then they know a lot more people that use it even if it is not legal in their state. The post is a veiled prohibitionist post.

Old 10-28-2018, 12:52 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,994 times
Alcohol, Tobacco, Soy products, high amounts of Omega 6 fats and even many types of GMO foods damage your brain much faster than cannabis will ever. In fact, cannabis have been found not to have any permanent long lasting effects on neurological function. The same, sadly, cannot be said about alcohol or even soy products which have been proven in clinical studies to shrink and eat holes in your brain.

As far as the smell being the problem of legalization; well, tobacco has been legal for years and do you smell cigarette smoke everywhere? I bet if people were getting $1000 tickets for smoking marijuana in public they would not be so quick to light up. I will say that I also do not like having lots of smoke around me, even marijuana smoke. So, the problem is lack of enforcement of public consumption, not the fact that it is legal is the real issue. Driving is legal, but running red lights is not. So, why do not more people run red lights? Because law enforcement is quite diligent at enforcing these laws. I do think with modern filter technology that even public consumption of cannabis could be a real possibility, but the whole neighborhood should not stink lot a pot farm. I agree there.

Also, they now have tools like Smoke Buddy which work wonderfully! Why, people who smoke in public won't blow through one of these is beyond me!! Nobody has to exhaust large quantities of marijuana smoke anymore with handy tools like this which are quite effective.

Eating cannabis is much inferior to smoking it for those who want to experience a more balanced high and being able to meter the quantity. As well, when smoked more of the psycho-active cannabinoids enter your brain whereas when you eat it your stomach acids actually destroy some of the cannabinoids and you really don't get the same type of effects as with smoking it. Many people cannot even get high off of edibles and the time-released effect is very undesirable for many people. For some the high is way too intense, for others it is ineffective, completely. However, eating it or making tea with cannabis would definitely allow you to absorb more of the antioxidants and other health benefits of the cannabis plant. Cannabis actually has a potent array of antioxidants and anti-cancer properties and for acute health issues, like cancer, I think eating high quantities of bio-active THC and CBD (known as RSO oil) would be the best option in conjunction with smoking it.

As far as consuming cannabis, old school is still cool in my opinion. Just get yourself a water pipe an consume it that way. Water pipes and peculators are great because they filter out a lot of the resins of the flower, cool the smoke down and purify the smoke a bit to give you a better high. Of course, it also means you can take a lot more smoke in your lungs, so you got to be cautious on how much you consume with each hit.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 10-28-2018 at 02:05 AM..

Old 10-29-2018, 09:29 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,125,268 times
From my experience, I've enjoyed edibles much more than smoking. It doesn't hurt your throat / lungs, I can dose it better, and I've just enjoyed the experience more. My existing mood state (in the morning awake and alert vs dead tired in the afternoon) matters more than indica vs sativa, smoke vs edible... Also, like with every drug, light doses > heavy doses. Plus you can use it in situations where it's not appropriate to start smoking (before flying or slow days at work or camping with the fam...)

Pot is not side effect free. It most definitely effects memory during use. I can't write or speak as well, and I'm pretty sure this is the same for other people. Conversing is harder. For me, I can feel achy, mentally dull, and lose my appetite if I've used it all weekend then stop on Monday. Sure as hell beats any alcohol hangover though; which it feels like you just got done huffing paint thinner.

I really don't like the big beer / brewing scene in Denver. I'm sick of that and wish it would go away! I don't like how much a part it is of the social life at work and how accepted getting really drunk is. I don't think alcohol helps conversation, it just makes you say stuff you probably shouldn't have in the first place or you don't make coherent sense. Hopefully people will begin to move away from alcohol to cannabis and other drugs for recreation, when inebriation is desired.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:47 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,355 times
I dont care for pot, I dont use it but I dont care if others do. Im fine with it being legal other than the smell and adding more people under the influence behind the wheel and on the slopes.

What I dont like is the bill was packaged to support education but that was basically a lie. It goes to drug awareness or some BS.

So because of that and every election they try to him me up for a higher tax hit for the teachers I am sick of it.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:20 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,385,848 times
It was all in there in the original statement for the initial vote way back in 2012. Did you not read it in detail in it before you voted on it? And you complain that CO schooled residents are uneducated idiots...freakin' brilliant.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:36 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
FWIW: 37 states spend more on students than does Colorado. Most states that spend even less than Colorado are places I wouldn't want to live, AL, MS, NC, TN, TX, etc. The list is here, and it's sortable.

No shame in spending more on students and the poorly paid teachers who try to work miracles with students that often come from difficult circumstances.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:37 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,550,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
It was all in there in the original statement for the initial vote way back in 2012. Did you not read it in detail in it before you voted on it? And you complain that CO schooled residents are uneducated idiots...freakin' brilliant.
Yep. They spelled it out pretty clearly. IIRC the only money that was earmarked was for abuse prevention. The rest was general fund.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:04 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
FWIW: 37 states spend more on students than does Colorado. Most states that spend even less than Colorado are places I wouldn't want to live, AL, MS, NC, TN, TX, etc. The list is here, and it's sortable.

No shame in spending more on students and the poorly paid teachers who try to work miracles with students that often come from difficult circumstances.
so throwing more money at a problem is a solution?

How about the schools be held accountable for their product? Prove that you can perform then ask for more money. I live in Jeffco and out local K-8 dropped decided to spend $10k+ on an electronic sign that never works.

If 73 passes how much of a raise will teachers even get 1% that's nothing. 73 is asking a few to fork over a lot more taxes to be pissed away. IMO its not the funding its how they are run.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:12 AM

1,921 posts, read 4,773,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
so throwing more money at a problem is a solution?

How about the schools be held accountable for their product? Prove that you can perform then ask for more money. I live in Jeffco and out local K-8 dropped decided to spend $10k+ on an electronic sign that never works.

If 73 passes how much of a raise will teachers even get 1% that's nothing. 73 is asking a few to fork over a lot more taxes to be pissed away. IMO its not the funding its how they are run.

I'm sure most JeffCO voters think like you, hence that's why they don't get these bond votes passed. Ours almost always pass, it's important for the voters in our area, and we see the impact of that extra funding year after year.

But I'm all for education being local; the state pays for the basics, and then people should have a choice of whether to pay more into it based on their locality. If everyone was well-educated then we wouldn't have enough low wage earners to serve us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver