Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 04:37 PM

57 posts, read 76,132 times

Advertisements

So you hear all the time that men outnumber women in Denver.. but how true is that?

I'm curious if that's 1- True and 2- If so, is it more referring to the younger 20-something/early 30s crowd?

Anyone have any idea or opinions on how hard/easy is it for women 35-40 to meet men? Good hardworking down to earth men who aren't super religious. Are there other towns that might be better to meet single men 35 and over?

Question coming from a marriage-minded 36yr single mom who doesn't get out nearly enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 04:53 PM

930 posts, read 701,175 times
I don't think "Menver" is an accurate description. I find that there are an abundant amount of women as there are men. Dating experiences will vary depending on the type of people you're trying to attract. The biggest issue I've either experienced first hand or heard about from friends is the "420 friendly" issue. If you want to avoid that scene altogether, it may be difficult but not impossible. It's just that so many 20- and 30-somethings are into that scene here. I think most folks are cool if you're not into it though.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:54 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,514,277 times
It depends :-}

Statwise it is false as most gender demographics show men/women as 50/50.
Denver County Colorado QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

However, I think the term Menver comes from Denver being mostly a destination for dudes. Single women should have great success here as it seems like every bar is full of dudes. Thank goodness Denver is starting to attract more single women, I am newly single and met a girl who just moved here from Arizona. Bring on the imports!

Old 04-26-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Analyst View Post
I don't think "Menver" is an accurate description. I find that there are an abundant amount of women as there are men. Dating experiences will vary depending on the type of people you're trying to attract. The biggest issue I've either experienced first hand or heard about from friends is the "420 friendly" issue. If you want to avoid that scene altogether, it may be difficult but not impossible. It's just that so many 20- and 30-somethings are into that scene here. I think most folks are cool if you're not into it though.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah I sort of figured that. It's not that I'm 420 unfriendly but it's just not a part of my life. I don't smoke so I'd rather be around others who don't smoke either. I'm more the mom type who spends most of the time with her kids & yet when I can I like to go out for dinner, drinks, a show or just to a bar to have some drinks, let my hair down & have fun. I prefer men who are professionals, laid-back & not stuffy, but who are responsible & can be the good fatherly figure/good husband who is also like a very cool best friend type. I'm pretty simple I think & get along with most people. Just know it's hard meeting single men my age when most of your time is spent doing family things... All I end up meeting are married men from school & the kid's activities and that's no good

Old 04-26-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It depends :-}

Statwise it is false as most gender demographics show men/women as 50/50.
Denver County Colorado QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

However, I think the term Menver comes from Denver being mostly a destination for dudes. Single women should have great success here as it seems like every bar is full of dudes. Thank goodness Denver is starting to attract more single women, I am newly single and met a girl who just moved here from Arizona. Bring on the imports!
Thanks for the link. I appreciate that & your reply. I know meeting people is really just a chance type of thing but I was curious if its really any different from say NJ, NY, or DC, etc. for a women my age. Seems like when people talk about singles it's usually aimed at the 20-somethings or early 30s crowd and rarely takes into account what sexual orientation people are to know if they are single & looking for women or single & looking for men. It's good to know that there are single 35+ men waiting on some good women to come their way

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2016, 06:38 PM

214 posts, read 260,620 times
Yes it's Menver. Being a single male in Denver is horribly depressing.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:29 PM

864 posts, read 1,456,508 times
If you are a well-educated 20-something who isn't 420 friendly and would like to meet someone with even an ounce of spirituality (not religious...spiritual), it's definitely not Menver.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:13 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,580,549 times
Use the search. Type in Menver. This has been discussed.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
If you are a well-educated 20-something who isn't 420 friendly and would like to meet someone with even an ounce of spirituality (not religious...spiritual), it's definitely not Menver.
No I'm not a 20 something. More interested in personality, character, charm, humor, maturity & responsible nature. Spirituality is important too but I'd never date anyone younger than 36.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Use the search. Type in Menver. This has been discussed.
Thanks. I have but again often times the conversation deals with younger folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver