Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 09:54 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lol I can't ever see moving to Denver
just to try to improve your love life.
Honestly....I have met people who
moved here from Denver.
They're true to that ultra liberal
hippie granola eating stereo type.....
So that killed my desire
to ever see Denver.

Single men out there must be frustrated,
if that's the typical female population.
I think that stereotype is true and let's throw hairy feminist on there too LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 09:56 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I think that stereotype is true and let's throw hairy feminist on there too LOL.
Lol omg you said it not me!!
I was thinking it though

Old 04-27-2016, 10:24 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
moved here from Denver.
So that killed my desire
to ever see Denver.

That's what I love about Denver...

Old 04-27-2016, 12:12 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
moved here from Denver.
So that killed my desire
to ever see Denver.

We weep at our loss. Really.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:59 PM

850 posts, read 796,676 times
Quote:
I have to agree...definitely the worse place I have seen.

I'll just add anecdotal real-life experiences here...I fly for work to Virginia, NY, Los Angeles, San Fran and go to a bar I can instantly meet 2-3 single dateable women. Online is even more efficient in these locations with literally 5 girls ready for dates that night.

Here in Denver, I would be lucky to meet 1 woman in my age bracket (30-45) that is dateable and more than likely online it would require 2-3 weeks of "texting" and filtering before meeting a decent (fit/7-8 looks) girl for a physical date.

It's Menver indeed.
Considering the population keeps growing it should even out, perhaps your expectations are too high.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:46 PM

5,362 posts, read 5,136,516 times
Quote:
I have to agree...definitely the worse place I have seen.

I'll just add anecdotal real-life experiences here...I fly for work to Virginia, NY, Los Angeles, San Fran and go to a bar I can instantly meet 2-3 single dateable women. Online is even more efficient in these locations with literally 5 girls ready for dates that night.

Here in Denver, I would be lucky to meet 1 woman in my age bracket (30-45) that is dateable and more than likely online it would require 2-3 weeks of "texting" and filtering before meeting a decent (fit/7-8 looks) girl for a physical date.

It's Menver indeed.
Lol, I know. People keep saying it's all in your head, Denver's no different than the rest of the country and then post like the Wikipedia MF ratio.

I've went to DC on a trip, where people say there's a lot of women, and I found it to be true. Just looking at the # of unaccompanied females vs males on the train or walking about downtown or whatever, it's like night and day difference between DC and Denver.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:20 PM

214 posts, read 260,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oping00 View Post
Considering the population keeps growing it should even out, perhaps your expectations are too high.
Many of the people moving here work in the tech sector. The tech sector is dominated by younger men.

I do think many men that relocate in Denver have expectations that are too high. If you are a single man in Denver you have to be willing to date women of any age (including significantly older than you) and you have to be willing to date women that are morbidly obese (even if you take very good care of yourself).

Old 04-29-2016, 06:18 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
If you are a well-educated 20-something who isn't 420 friendly and would like to meet someone with even an ounce of spirituality (not religious...spiritual), it's definitely not Menver.
Actually, Denver has some very cool ecumenical churches. There's one that includes spiritual leaders from a variety of Eastern traditions and has Native American spiritual leaders speak, as well as Lutheran. It's oriented toward community activism and social justice. There are unitarian universalists. Some women have had good luck meeting guys in these types of churches in town that are more about spirituality than dogma, and are open to a variety of traditions.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:20 PM

19 posts, read 35,443 times
I can't really say from personal experience because I moved to the state married, but I haven't seen the "Menver" thing. The gentlemen I know of average physicality and personality have no issues getting dates, so I'm not particularly worried about future prospects if my wife ever decides to fly off to Cancun with some hunk.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:18 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
It's crazy to me that people think they can tell that the men/women ratio isn't even when there are nearly 3 million people in the city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver