Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 01:52 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer2020 View Post
I'm okay with all types of people. Just not a big fan of frat boys/UFC guys (not the ones who actually train martial arts, but those rabid douchebag fans).

Also can you comment on the comments above? That there are a bunch of dudes compared to women?
They used to call this Menver....

I imported my wife, I have heard the single life here is not so good from speaking to my buds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 03:31 PM

95 posts, read 71,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Denver's male/female ratio is slightly skewed toward single males. It's not nearly as bad as people make it (e.g. Menver). If you've got a decent personality and aren't a narcissistic douchebag you'll be much better off. Being outdoorsy doesn't hurt, either.
Can you define slightly? lol

Old 06-04-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
They used to call this Menver....

I imported my wife, I have heard the single life here is not so good from speaking to my buds.
And do they still call it that?

Damn...is it really that bad?

Old 06-04-2020, 04:34 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,897,900 times
Quote:
Can you define slightly? lol
An article I found from 3 years ago states there are about 19,000 more men who identify as "never been married" than there are women. I believe that article is just Denver, but I wouldn't be surprised if the whole metro area is similar.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:08 PM

177 posts, read 176,267 times
your competition are stoners unable to form sentences, and skiers who value powder over their career and mothers birthday....

Be a decent person, and you'll be fine. Says me.... 28 and single after living here for 5 years.... gulp.....

I generally haven't had issues getting "lucky". Maybe you'd try harder here than another city? I can't compare, it's been too long.

Sometimes I want to go back to philly and find a hipster philly girl to import back to CO. The vibes are so different. I LOVE east coast girls truly.

----

Denver does seem to have a peter pan complex with the people living here. That's any place with lots of transplants it seems. People in denver wanna hangout, party, have sex. But it's trickier to find a woman to settle down with. They are all incredibly motivated in things that don't involve settling down with a lover. That's my observations tho. Maybe I'm just not settle down material yet.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-04-2020 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: was too blunt

Old 06-04-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb29 View Post
your competition are stoners unable to form sentences, and skiers who value powder over their career and mothers birthday....

Be a decent person, and you'll be fine. Says me.... 28 and single after living here for 5 years.... gulp.....

I generally haven't had issues getting "lucky". Maybe you'd try harder here than another city? I can't compare, it's been too long.

Sometimes I want to go back to philly and find a hipster philly girl to import back to CO. The vibes are so different. I LOVE east coast girls truly.

----

Denver does seem to have a peter pan complex with the people living here. That's any place with lots of transplants it seems. People in denver wanna hangout, party, have sex. But it's trickier to find a woman to settle down with. They are all incredibly motivated in things that don't involve settling down with a lover. That's my observations tho. Maybe I'm just not settle down material yet.
So you're saying both the men AND the women are into partying and not settling down? Or generally the men?

What's so great about East Coast girls?

Old 06-04-2020, 09:28 PM

177 posts, read 176,267 times
Quote:
So you're saying both the men AND the women are into partying and not settling down? Or generally the men?

What's so great about East Coast girls?
both -- but it could just be an age range living in the city thing.

As for philly girls, idk, grass is greener sort of thing. I like how artsy they seem. but they might not like to go on weekend climbing trips or camp and hike an 8 mile loop with me that's true.

This is just 100% my experience. I can't compare.

You are better off finding a girl on a hike or rock climbing than you are at a bar.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:05 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,565,172 times
Quote:

As for philly girls, idk, grass is greener sort of thing. I like how artsy they seem. but they might not like to go on weekend climbing trips or camp and hike an 8 mile loop with me that's true.

You are better off finding a girl on a hike or rock climbing than you are at a bar.
If I was single and in my 20s, I would have lived at the rock climbing gym (Pre-COVID)

Old 06-05-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:

Philly girls are better than NYC girls you think? Although probably NYC girls are mostly transplants.

I'm just worried I'll go to Denver and it will be like 70-80% men during nightlife.

Old 06-05-2020, 02:02 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Quote:
Philly girls are better than NYC girls you think? Although probably NYC girls are mostly transplants.

I'm just worried I'll go to Denver and it will be like 70-80% men during nightlife.

https://www.westword.com/news/denver...menver-9250918

But now, U.S. government data suggests there actually are more available men than available women in the Mile High City. At least 19,000 more, in fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver