Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 12:01 PM

6 posts, read 28,643 times

Advertisements

We're thinking of moving to Denver. Can someone mention a few neighborhoods or suburbs where two young boys could have fun growing up?
Places to run and play outside, good schools, communal events, and in general, just a fun place to hang out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 12:37 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Where are you working?
What is your price range?

Old 07-23-2008, 07:51 AM

698 posts, read 2,047,503 times
Here's some prior threads on this subject you can look through:

Family friendly communities in the Denver Metro Area

What is the best Family community

Good Neighborhoods for Kids of Working Parents in/around Denver

Feel free to ask more specifics for your situation. Denver is a great area to raise kids with many wonderful neighborhoods, your job situation is going to determine a lot of where to look in finer detail.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:59 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,998,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradburn1 View Post
Here's some prior threads on this subject you can look through:

What is the best Family community

Feel free to ask more specifics for your situation. Denver is a great area to raise kids with many wonderful neighborhoods, your job situation is going to determine a lot of where to look in finer detail.

Hi Bradburn - Not to hijack this thread, but I've read some nice things about Bradburn Village. I'm curious about a Westminster to Longmont commute...google says 37 min. via Rt. 287. Does that sound right?

Old 07-23-2008, 02:42 PM

37 minutes is a bit long, there's a back way that's a bit faster. I can get to the south side of Longmont in 20 minutes from Bradburn. North side of Longmont I would say 30 minutes. Traffic isn't too heavy and is generally tolerable. My neighbor commutes to Longmont every day and he says the drive isn't bad at all.

Feel free to PM me if you have other Bradburn questions.

Cheers!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:55 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,483,483 times
Stapleton if you are going to work near the city.

The further you are from the core, the more housing is hurting and the more you are going to lose in the next decade. They are almost giving away homes in two for one deals along E-470.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:54 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,917,397 times
Having lived in the Denver metro area, I can pretty much tell you that most all of it is a good place to raise kids. I would stay away from Aurora but for the most part, Denver metro has pockets of greatness.

I lived in what is now Centennial and man that was a nice place. Two blocks from million plus dollar homes and I could walk along that path with those houses that had horses and such. We even had an owl couple that would "who" it was incredible. One of the owls was partially blind he/she let me come right up to him/her. Oh my gosh, that was the most incredible thing I think I have ever seen in my life and I have seen a lot of wildlife in my travels as a former sales rep here.

It's not so much what life you have as much as it is the life you make it. I have known a lot of people that have lived in "not so great" areas of Denver and somehow they made their life good. It's up to you to make your life good. I've been a white chick in a very hispanic area of Denver and I am still alive and good to go. I'm just saying, if you think your home isn't in the best area, think again. You only make of your life what you think and see. I have been in some rough 'hoods up there when I sold tile and there isn't anything wrong with any 'hood around Denver from my experience.

Crap, I would love to move back to Denver to prove my theory. You may watch COPS from the early 90s but over all, the entire city is mostly safe.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:55 AM

1,763 posts, read 5,998,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradburn1 View Post
37 minutes is a bit long, there's a back way that's a bit faster. I can get to the south side of Longmont in 20 minutes from Bradburn. North side of Longmont I would say 30 minutes. Traffic isn't too heavy and is generally tolerable. My neighbor commutes to Longmont every day and he says the drive isn't bad at all.

Feel free to PM me if you have other Bradburn questions.

Cheers!
Thanks Bradburn!

Old 01-25-2009, 11:42 AM

43 posts, read 114,344 times
Hello,

You have me intrigued with Bradburn- if we can afford it. Are the prices dropping at all ( they sure did where we live now-- NE of Denver)?

Thanks!

Laura

Old 01-25-2009, 04:08 PM

Hi Laura,

Prices are holding steady in Bradburn for the most part, they haven't gone down much, but you can get some great deals on certain houses and townhomes. Also New Town is offering some great incentives on new homes because of the market. For a single family though, you are still looking in the low to mid 300s range minimum for a 1800 sq foot house. I personally consider that expensive, but people pay a premium to live here because of the great design, walkable aspect, and our sense of community which was worth every single penny to my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver