Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 06:13 AM

7 posts, read 19,201 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to Denver in September. I have extensive experience with the mental health, troubled teens, residential teens for bad bad behavior, children of abuse and neglect, gang intervention... Can someone tell me about the availability of these jobs and how long it takes to secure them. I have been looking for jobs already, but can't get a feel for the industry. Do you need certain licenses for working in group homes, hospitals, the county or other places that I might not be aware of? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 08:57 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,181,445 times
Check out Colorado Nonprofit Association for non-profit jobs as well as city/county and state job boards. You'll find somthing. Good luck.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:19 AM

thanks for the link, I will look into it.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:46 PM

202 posts, read 408,324 times
Great link. I'm also planning on moving to the Denver area in a few months. I just finished my Master's degree in Secondary School Counseling. I have over 13 years experience in MH and D&A tx. There is another agency I've seen in Denver (and surrounding areas) called Savio House. They have positions open currently. I am not sure of their salary ranges or working conditions, however.

If anyone DOES know, any information would be appreciated.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:51 AM

Default Denver social service jobs

I'm new to this forum so I'm glad that I started a good thread about social services. Does anyone know how to directly email someone who posted to your thread? I have specific questions that may not be appropriate for public forum.

From what I have found, there are many treatment facilities of all kinds. Any one know of any that deal with difficult adolescents? Thanks

Old 04-25-2008, 10:10 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devan123 View Post
I'm new to this forum so I'm glad that I started a good thread about social services. Does anyone know how to directly email someone who posted to your thread? I have specific questions that may not be appropriate for public forum.

From what I have found, there are many treatment facilities of all kinds. Any one know of any that deal with difficult adolescents? Thanks
Click on the person's name, then click on "send a direct message to . . . ". Some people may have disabled their DMs; there's not much you can do about that.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:26 AM

7 posts, read 24,952 times
Default Can't get hired in Colorado

I am so glad I found this forum.....

I recently moved to Colorado from Georgia were I was an Investigator for Social Services. I also just finished my coursework for my Master's of Counseling. I didn't think it would be a problem to obtain employment with the same thing I was doing with any county here. I have applied to over 6 counties and had interviews with each one only to be rejected. I am so shocked considering social service jobs are a dime a dozen in some parts of the country. I am wondering if there are just too many qualified applicants or the fact that I just don't fit in here. My family and I are very southern and my daughter is getting teased at school for her accent and my husband is a pilot for United and is being told that it has to do with the part of Colorado we live in.......Broomfield.

Also to the question about Savio House..... I applied for over 4 jobs on their website and never any response.

I am ready to just give up and move elsewhere. We thought this would be a great experience moving here but it looks like we just don't fit in.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crics View Post
I am so glad I found this forum.....

I recently moved to Colorado from Georgia were I was an Investigator for Social Services. I also just finished my coursework for my Master's of Counseling. I didn't think it would be a problem to obtain employment with the same thing I was doing with any county here. I have applied to over 6 counties and had interviews with each one only to be rejected. I am so shocked considering social service jobs are a dime a dozen in some parts of the country. I am wondering if there are just too many qualified applicants or the fact that I just don't fit in here. My family and I are very southern and my daughter is getting teased at school for her accent and my husband is a pilot for United and is being told that it has to do with the part of Colorado we live in.......Broomfield.

Also to the question about Savio House..... I applied for over 4 jobs on their website and never any response.

I am ready to just give up and move elsewhere. We thought this would be a great experience moving here but it looks like we just don't fit in.
That's interesting. I see a LOT of social service jobs open out there currently. Regarding Savio, I applied a few months ago, stating I was planning on moving come late spring/early summer. I woman from there called me, and sounded very interested. She is expecting a call from me when I solidify a move date. I thought that was interesting, which is why I am curious how well-run of an agency it is. My first thought was, can't they keep people on staff to the point that they are calling across the country? I'm very proud of my resume, but it's not THAT good!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 3,194 times
Savio is the WORST place you could possibly work. They DO NOT value their employees.This is the worst job I have ever had.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosire View Post
Savio is the WORST place you could possibly work. They DO NOT value their employees.This is the worst job I have ever had.
Wow, thread back from the dead.

I actually flew out to Denver for an interview at Savio in May. The people I interviewed with were very nice. I got a call from the main woman a week or so later to inform me I didn't get the job. She was not really nice about it either. I asked if that interview could count (being I was 1700 miles away) if other jobs opened up, and she essentially blew me off. After that experience, I do not have a good opinion of them either!

I've been living in Denver since July however. I came out without a job and hoped for the best. I landed a job as a therapist / case manager at MHCD, and absolutely love it so far. The job, the poeple, etc. have been great. It worked out for the better, by far!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: