Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 01:10 AM

795 posts, read 2,410,735 times

Advertisements

Cool lets compare apples with oranges. Denver is 600k and chi-town 3.5 mill. So i am living in denver and I wanted to relocate to an area like coors field in the city of Anniheim (angels MLB)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 02:01 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
Cool lets compare apples with oranges. Denver is 600k and chi-town 3.5 mill. So i am living in denver and I wanted to relocate to an area like coors field in the city of Anniheim (angels MLB)
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but the atmosphere around Angels Stadium is nothing like the atmosphere around Coors Field.

At Coors, you feel like you are going to a ballgame in the big city.

At the Big A, you are in the suburbs, with zero culture surrounding the parking lot that surrounds the stadium. The Big A is just an island surrounded by industry, housing and strip malls. Quite boring in comparison to Coors.

The ballgame experience is much more authentic at Coors as well, and that includes what goes on outside the stadium as well.

Furthermore, why does anybody want to replicate Wrigley? I've never been there, yet I'm sure it's great, and I'd love to catch a game there someday, but if one likes Wrigley that much, they should stay in Chicago, or at least make a point to go there once/a few times a year.

Coors Field (and its environs) is a great baseball experience in its own right, I'm very happy to know that I've got a fun time at the ballpark just a 20 minute drive from home. I can't wait until opening day!

Last edited by Count David; 02-21-2009 at 02:07 AM.. Reason: made addition

Old 02-21-2009, 04:57 PM

366 posts, read 1,374,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
So now suburbs don't count for population?

Old 02-21-2009, 05:39 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
To compare Chicago to Denver would be like comparing Denver to Pueblo, a joke at best.....

A better comparison would be Minneapolis to Denver or Phoenix to Denver.....

Old 02-22-2009, 08:42 AM

5 posts, read 12,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
To compare Chicago to Denver would be like comparing Denver to Pueblo, a joke at best.....

A better comparison would be Minneapolis to Denver or Phoenix to Denver.....

I was not trying to compare the cities, just the neighborhoods. Yes, Chicago is bigger than Denver.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:11 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,076,056 times
Wrigley Field is in a very dense residential neighborhood on Chicago's North Side, while Coor's is in the middle of Denver's downtown. Being in the middle of a neighborhood is a totally different experience versus being downtown. The closest thing to the Wrigley experience I can think of is Lambeau Field in Green Bay where the Packer's play.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:12 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
You guys who are having fun pissing on Coors Field-- what would you rather have? An enclosed warehouse building dome like Phoenix's Chase Field? Of course Coors Field was designed with neo-classical ball field architecture. And they did one beautiful job.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:46 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,814,391 times
"Indeed Vegas," obviously not too many true fans of the game on line here..Coors Field is well known as one of the premier ball fields in the nation--the envy of most cities around the country..As to the commentary calling Lodo some generic neighborhood: perhaps the historic buildings,historic hotels built during or shortly after 1850-1860's silver rush should be put in the category of the 1980's strip mall. The renovation and redevelopment in lower downtown Denver has become a beacon model for many other metropolitan regions hoping to rejuvenate their own urban centers...Obviously, other's agree because people are willing to shell out very high prices per square foot to live there..People can say what they want about Denver--but in this mecca sports town--Coors Field was done first rate all the way baby...

Old 02-22-2009, 02:25 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,076,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
"Indeed Vegas," obviously not too many true fans of the game on line here..Coors Field is well known as one of the premier ball fields in the nation--the envy of most cities around the country..As to the commentary calling Lodo some generic neighborhood: perhaps the historic buildings,historic hotels built during or shortly after 1850-1860's silver rush should be put in the category of the 1980's strip mall. The renovation and redevelopment in lower downtown Denver has become a beacon model for many other metropolitan regions hoping to rejuvenate their own urban centers...Obviously, other's agree because people are willing to shell out very high prices per square foot to live there..People can say what they want about Denver--but in this mecca sports town--Coors Field was done first rate all the way baby...
How does having historic buildings negate my assertion that the area is very generic? It's not like the "neighborhood" is still full of 1890's prospectors. The LoDo area was all but forgotten for about 100 years until people started converting warehouses into condos in 1995. Hardly what I would call an established neighborhood.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:46 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,814,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
How does having historic buildings negate my assertion that the area is very generic? It's not like the "neighborhood" is still full of 1890's prospectors. The LoDo area was all but forgotten for about 100 years until people started converting warehouses into condos in 1995. Hardly what I would call an established neighborhood.
Your assertion that Lodo was all but forgotten one hundred years ago--no real major business in between, and that redevelompment started in 1995 shows your as qualified to speak on the history of the neighborhood as Paris Hilton...Just because you throw out highly ignorant statements now and than about the town you most hate--doesn't make them true..FYI I have been involved with many development projects and several steering commitees in that area since 1991 ....I have studied Lodo's history extensively through text and archives...and am very well aware of what is going on there....Lower downtown... I will agree it has a way to go at becoming better established...but even in this economy more money and resources are pumped into Denver at a feverish rate than almost any other city it's size in the country--the proposed infrasture alone for completion by 2010 will all but seal the deal for needed grocery, basic needs,proffesional services ect..Denver is easily poised to be in the top IT cities within the next few years..no question about that....

Last edited by Scott5280; 02-22-2009 at 02:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver