Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 10,894 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I wanted to know what this area is like. I am moving from Northglenn to near Hampden and Yosemite. Just tell me what you like and dislike about the area. Do you think its a great place to live? I've never lived south of Alameda before, so it should be fun.. Feels like I'm moving out of state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 08:59 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xorubyox View Post
Hello,
I wanted to know what this area is like. I am moving from Northglenn to near Hampden and Yosemite. Just tell me what you like and dislike about the area. Do you think its a great place to live? I've never lived south of Alameda before, so it should be fun.. Feels like I'm moving out of state.
Haha, I've never lived north of Alameda.

Good area, probably nicer than most of Northglenn. I'd live there.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:56 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,303,340 times
This is my favorite part of Denver. Take a look at my photo tour of the area: South/ SE Denver photo tour. It's basically a 1970's era suburban area (but within the city limits of Denver), near Kennedy Golf Course, near the Cherry Creek Trail, near some nice middle class neighborhoods, near light rail, very close to DTC but not too far from downtown/central Denver either via light rail or I-25.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:15 PM

23 posts, read 64,982 times
I lived there for almost two years and I agree that it is an excellent location.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:59 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,071,228 times
I liked this side of town, it just wasn't that exciting for a young single man. Though I can easily see why it would be popular with families. The area is very diverse economically and ethnically. It's not all rich or all poor, and it's not all one ethnic group. There were lots of good Asian restaurants in the area. Good everyday shopping at Tamarac Square. Good mall shopping nearby at Park Meadows. Good entertainment district nearby in Greenwood Village. Nice park (not sure the name of it) near Tamarac and Quincy. Lots of kids playing soccer and people walking dogs there. Cherry Creek State Park has the closest thing to a beach you'll find in CO. Expo Park has a nice disc golf course. The Aurora Mall had a really good German restaurant, it was almost as good as something you'd find in Milwaukee. To me it seemed like the "real" Denver. People were all about taking care of their families and not trying to impress you with their status. Regular people with regular jobs living regular lives.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:00 AM

2 posts, read 10,894 times
Thanks! I am moving to the condos that's behind the graveyard on Verbana and Hampden. Hehe, Wonder if it's Haunted! Only 2 months and 3 days to go!

Old 02-24-2009, 10:21 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
I liked this side of town, it just wasn't that exciting for a young single man. Though I can easily see why it would be popular with families. The area is very diverse economically and ethnically. It's not all rich or all poor, and it's not all one ethnic group. There were lots of good Asian restaurants in the area. Good everyday shopping at Tamarac Square. Good mall shopping nearby at Park Meadows. Good entertainment district nearby in Greenwood Village. Nice park (not sure the name of it) near Tamarac and Quincy. Lots of kids playing soccer and people walking dogs there. Cherry Creek State Park has the closest thing to a beach you'll find in CO. Expo Park has a nice disc golf course. The Aurora Mall had a really good German restaurant, it was almost as good as something you'd find in Milwaukee. To me it seemed like the "real" Denver. People were all about taking care of their families and not trying to impress you with their status. Regular people with regular jobs living regular lives.
Now, this is a really great post, even if you managed to sneak Milwaukee into it.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:35 AM

10 posts, read 28,858 times
I lived in Apartments near there from 2001-2004 and it's a very nice area. I'm moving back to Denver in a few months and keep thinking I should be looking back in that area - which Condos are near the cemetery? Great Whole Foods at Tamarac and there use to be an 'artsy-fartsy' movie theatre near there with a very friendly starbucks around the corner too. Plus, my favorite Mexican Restaurant "Senor Tubby's" (I think that's the name) -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver