Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2007, 04:54 PM

5 posts, read 23,544 times

Advertisements

Hi there. We are going to be relocating from San Diego to the Highlands Ranch area in a few months. We haven't completely decided on an area, but we are interested in the Douglas Co. school district, as well as the Cherry Creek school district, which is mostly in Aurora. However, I was looking for information on pediatricians in the HR area. How are they? Are there many? Are they hard to see right away, or do you have to book an appointment a month in advance? What about local hospitals - and children's hospitals? Are there peds that are associated with a local Children's hospital? What about family doctors? I have been seeing the same on in San Diego for 17 years, and my children's doctor has been part of our family since my 11 year old was born. It's going to be hard to find one, but if there are any suggestions on where I can start looking, I would appreciate it! I am so excited to have read so many positive threads in this forum. Makes me feel better about moving away from my family whom I have never lived away from. I'm 37 years and have never lived away from my parents, or sis or bro... It's hard to be excited and sad at the same time. Anyway, any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 04-21-2007, 05:22 PM

257 posts, read 946,295 times
Highlands Ranch is very family oriented, so there are alot of pediatricians. Plus, since Sky Ridge Hospital opened up, even more have come into this part of town. I like Greenwood Pediatrics, and have used them for years. They are off of County Line and Yosemite in Lonetree.

By the way, Sky Ridge is an excellent hospital and recently received the award for "Best Customer Satisfaction" out of all the hospitals in the country by [can't remember the name of the hospital owner, a big one across the country which owns like 180 hospitals]. I had my youngest there, and it was hard for everyone to convince me to leave as it was like staying at a resort.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:41 PM

Hahaha... Thank you for your input. We don't visit the ER very often at all, but it's nice to know that there is a good one there just in case - we have 3 boys, and have been lucky so far. Only a few visits to San Diego's Children's Hospital.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:15 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
I use Littleton Pediatrics just west of Broadway on County Line Road. Dr. Gin has been voted best pediatrician by popular vote in the Best of Highlands Ranch Herald.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:45 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
I work in a pediatricians' office in Louisville. I can assure you that virtually all pediatricians in this area use Children's Hospital in Denver as a resource. TCH, as it is called, is associated with the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center.

Of course your pediatrician will be associated with a hospital. S/he needs a place to admit children who need hospital treatment. Local pediatricians are usually associated with the closest local hospital. Our practice probably admits one or two children a week.

You may get a list of doctors from your insurance company. That will give you a starting base. Hopefully, you will not need a dr of any kind before you have a chance to choose one. Ask your neighbors, church friends, etc for a recommendation once you get settled. I would not put too much stock in finding a dr voted "best pediatrician" or whatever. Many drs who never make such lists are better practitioners, in my opinion, than the ones who do.

Good luck in your move. I think you will do fine.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:32 PM

Thank you pittnurse. Of course I will check out our list of peds from our ins co. The whole process of relocating is making me nervous, especially finding healthcare. Thanks!

Old 06-25-2007, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 5,788 times
Default Highlands Ranch Pediatrician

Academy Park Pediatrics, one of the longest existing pediatric office in the Denver Metro area just opened up a satellite office in Highlands Ranch. The pediatricians there are fantastic and now that they have a satellite office in Highlands Ranch they are even more accesible. Same day appoints almost always available and they schedule more time with each patient compared to other practices in the area. They are located on Wildcat Reserve Parkway and Fairview which is less than a mile from Highlands Ranch Parkway and University. Give them a call or check them out at their website at Academy Park Pediatrics. Good luck.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:18 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
I used to take my kids to Academy Park Peds when I lived in South Jeffco - so I was happy to see them moving into HR. My internist is in the same building - there is a medical building on Quebec & C-470, University & Colorado (the clock tower building) and two on County Line & Broadway - not to mention 10 minutes to Littleton (Broadway & Mineral) or Sky Ridge Hospitals (Lincoln & I-25)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver