Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 02:58 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,899,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
'Cause this is the Detroit forum and in subsection 3 of the rules, all Detroit threads must end in a discussion of racism.
Ah, right. Need to brush up on my subsections.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:20 PM

655 posts, read 2,206,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
I was a regular poster here long before I became a moderator. It wasn't directed at anyone on here, so lighten up (or beat it).

Why doesn't everyone go back to the topic at hand, which is using anecdotal evidence of the view from little guy on google maps, to show that a city is not as bad as people think.
Or beat it? Shameful....

And why doesn't it stay on topic? Well because certain people just have too much fun taking a crap on ANYTHING related to Detroit or Black folks, no matter how positive. They just can't help themselves. It's really quite....sad but the norm.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariefairfield View Post

Yeah, I'm sure all of the people who have been shot while innocently cooking, watching television, or sleeping in their homes were out looking for trouble.

What about all the driving-by shootings? Oops, wrong house. What about the children? What kind of person would take revenge by shooting while children are present?

What about the elderly women who get raped by the break-in losers?????
No need to be confused. I'm speaking as someone with two feet on the ground in the city so many have way too much fun taking a giant crap on.

This city has tons of problems, no doubt. However you would think it was impossible for ANYONE to walk anywhere without being a part of or witnessing rape, murder or any other crime. That's simply not the case. I personally have been all over this city at all hours and have yet to have this problem. I am only one person of course. I never said I wasn't. People have bad things happen to them in this city every day. A lot of those people are innocents caught in the cross fire. I have to believe that some of these people put themselves in bad positions though. Not all...just some.

I choose to not engage in things that would put me in that position (solicitation of drugs and prostitues, gambling, robbery) and have managed to stay out of the crossfire or jail (except when I worked there).

On television ("If it bleeds, it leads.") and these boards we are constantly bombarded with such criticism from those who will not set foot into the city unless it's downtown for a sporting event, concert, or a job. It's become a past time to bash it. A lot of these people show their motivation to not be pure.

Criticism is good, I do it myself. Delusion is bad. Hate is bad. I can't stand those from my fellow Detroiters or pot-shotters in the burbs who simply need a new hobby.

Sorry for the ramble folks.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:46 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,826,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
I ... have managed to stay out of the crossfire or jail (except when I worked there...
...in the kitchen while incarcerated?

Old 11-19-2010, 06:00 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,198,921 times
10 pages and counting to debate whether or not Detroit is dangerous?!

Old 11-19-2010, 06:02 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,826,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
I know but deprogramming them is tough over a message board.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
...in the kitchen while incarcerated?
Dude! Seriously!
I worked in medical records at one of the Wayne County Jails. You can't do that with a record btw.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Not exactly. Just some folks that wouldn't mind if "..we took off and nuked it from orbit. Only way to be sure."

man...I'm losing some geek cred misquoting Aliens like that.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
The little orange guy on google maps told me it's not. True story.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
Or beat it? Shameful....

And why doesn't it stay on topic? Well because certain people just have too much fun taking a crap on ANYTHING related to Detroit or Black folks, no matter how positive. They just can't help themselves. It's really quite....sad but the norm.
Sorry, lighten up or please leave the premises by the easiest exit you can find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit