Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 04:32 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,395,457 times

Advertisements

whether you live in the city or the burbs, what is your purpose of coming on the Detroit forum daily to complain, complain, complain if you're not doing anything about it? I'm just curious how many of you all actually leave your computers and try to help instead of bashing Detroit, which most of you don't even live in?

Old 06-20-2011, 04:59 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,744,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
I'm just curious how many of you all actuallyvtry to help Detroit?
Let me ask you this, did you ever think about the fact that many of us do try and have tried to help but find out our efforts are fruitless? Do you know what it's like wasting your money and time on something where majority (not all) of the people simply don't give a damn? You if need an exampel I'll give it to you.

Before you answer, consider the over a million of people who have left this city and 54,000 people that have left this state. Just let it all sink in for a moment.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Let me ask you this, did you ever think about the fact that many of us do try and have tried to help but find out our efforts are fruitless? Do you know what it's like wasting your money and time on something where majority (not all) of the people simply don't give a damn? You if need an exampel I'll give it to you.

Before you answer, consider the over a million of people who have left this city and 54,000 people that have left this state. Just let it all sink in for a moment.
I don't need to let **** sink in. So keep your sarcasm. Tell me 313Wether since you talk so much **** about Detroit, what have YOU done? I'm willing to bet nothing because if you have or were doing something now you wouldn't have time to come on City-Data everyday to bash Detroit. Once again, when are you moving?

Old 06-20-2011, 07:16 PM

544 posts, read 901,214 times
Quote:
whether you live in the city or the burbs, what is your purpose of coming on the Detroit forum daily to complain, complain, complain if you're not doing anything about it? I'm just curious how many of you all actually leave your computers and try to help instead of bashing Detroit, which most of you don't even live in?
I don't complain here, but I do come to find out about this area that I relocated to last year. However, I do pay a lot in income taxes and it does appear that the City of Detroit is a net importer of cash which, presumably, is coming from the rest of the State.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:18 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Quote:
Beware the "helpful concern" facade.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Beware the "helpful concern" facade.
oh I'm watching out for it.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
So keep your sarcasm.
I wasn't being sarcastic. Everything I said was 100% correct and serious, and more people than not will agree with me than you. I'm sure many people in the state are not happy with seeing their tax dollars being squandered by those down at CAYMC. I'm sure many citizens of Detroit are not happy with spending their hard-earned cash to fix up their property nicely just to either have someno come along and break in or steal their items then not even get a reasonable police response.

What do people have to do to be a "real" Detroiter in your book? Heck, what is a "real" Detroiter? Is it not enough that I try to keep up my property despite others in my neighborhood not giving a damn? Is it not enough that I try to support local Detroit business despite teh fat that I will likely receive poorer service, pay higher prices or have access toa poorer vairety of goods than I would in the suburbs? Is it not enough that I pay taxes to the city desptie the fact hat many "real" Detroiters do not?

There's nothing wrong with wearing rose-colored glasses all the time, but there's nothing wrong with being pragmatic about the problems that face us either. In 90% of the city, things are getting worse aesthetically and for the citizens, not better.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
I wasn't being sarcastic. Everything I said was 100% correct and serious, and more people than not will agree with me than you. I'm sure many people in the state are not happy with seeing their tax dollars being squandered by those down at CAYMC. I'm sure many citizens of Detroit are not happy with spending their hard-earned cash to fix up their property nicely just to either have someno come along and break in or steal their items then not even get a reasonable police response.

What do people have to do to be a "real" Detroiter in your book? Heck, what is a "real" Detroiter? Is it not enough that I try to keep up my property despite others in my neighborhood not giving a damn? Is it not enough that I try to support local Detroit business despite teh fat that I will likely receive poorer service, pay higher prices or have access toa poorer vairety of goods than I would in the suburbs? Is it not enough that I pay taxes to the city desptie the fact hat many "real" Detroiters do not?

There's nothing wrong with wearing rose-colored glasses all the time, but there's nothing wrong with being pragmatic about the problems that face us either. In 90% of the city, things are getting worse aesthetically and for the citizens, not better.
THEN MOVE! but I don't see how YOU are doing so much when you spend a lot of time coming on here to complain

Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroythelion View Post
I don't complain here, but I do come to find out about this area that I relocated to last year. However, I do pay a lot in income taxes and it does appear that the City of Detroit is a net importer of cash which, presumably, is coming from the rest of the State.
thats understandable. I'm talking about people I see on here daily talking crap about Detroit and doing absolutely nothing about it.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
THEN MOVE! but I don't see how YOU are doing so much when you spend a lot of time coming on here to complain
What do people have to do to be a "real" Detroiter in your book? Heck, what is a "real" Detroiter?

Since you're always putting crap on those who don't wear the rose-colored glasses as you do, I want to know what your standards are like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit