Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 05:11 PM

544 posts, read 1,485,128 times

Advertisements

>>.. I'm sorry, but I don't buy that. Then how are you overweight?

I have multiple sclerosis and I've been taking steroids for 16 years, off and on. And I don't think it's been established that I'm overweight; by some standards, I am not. I don't think I look overweight. I do have very heavy muscles from bike riding and Aikido.

I don't think you're sorry at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 06:01 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,180,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsigurl3000 View Post
>>.. I'm sorry, but I don't buy that. Then how are you overweight?

I have multiple sclerosis and I've been taking steroids for 16 years, off and on. And I don't think it's been established that I'm overweight; by some standards, I am not. I don't think I look overweight. I do have very heavy muscles from bike riding and Aikido.

I don't think you're sorry at all.
When you say you want to lose 20 pounds I immediately surmised that you were overweight. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. With disease and medication all kinds of wacky stuff can happen to your body. So, you want to drop muscle mass and look leaner and more feminine? Or are you trying to get rid of fat?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:06 PM

"Disease?" I don't think of myself as diseased. I took the time to look through some of your other posts; you might want to consider learning how to be more diplomatic; it is a sign of intelligence.

Quoting our moderator:
Insensitive remarks: It is sad that this has to even be mentioned, but please refrain from making remarks that are hurtful, unkind or insensitive. This is a forum for people who are trying to lose weight; it is not a place for people to make unkind remarks. People who are overweight need lots of encouragement as they are often very hard on themselves. Please offer each other kindness and support .

Last edited by scsigurl3000; 08-20-2010 at 06:19 PM..

Old 08-20-2010, 06:23 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,180,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsigurl3000 View Post
"Disease?" I don't think of myself as diseased. I took the time to look through some of your other posts; you might want to consider learning how to be more diplomatic; it is a sign of intelligence.
I personally consider a combination of eloquence and bluntness to be indicative of intelligence. With that statement I will gracefully and humbly bow out of the thread.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
I personally consider a combination of eloquence and bluntness to be indicative of intelligence. With that statement I will gracefully and humbly bow out of the thread.
You're doing well with the bluntness part, but the eloquence? [Sorry, but so far you've called me a liar, overweight, unfeminine and diseased. Nice.]

Last edited by scsigurl3000; 08-20-2010 at 06:57 PM..

Old 08-20-2010, 09:26 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That stuff is ridiculously over-priced. For $10 more I could pick up 5lbs of whey from EAS or TrueProtein. Not to mention you're getting more protein per serving.
Yeah, but what else is in there? Read my post more carefully. My health is more important to me than the cost.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:02 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Yeah, but what else is in there?
Affordable Supplements | EAS 100% Whey (2 lbs) (http://www.affordablesupplements.com/eas_100_whey_protein.asp - broken link)

They have the product label.

Quote:
Read my post more carefully. My health is more important to me than the cost.
EAS has been selling nutritional supplements since 1993 and that whey protein is one of the 10 brands by consumption. Unless you have a serious case of paranoia, there isn't any reason to avoid it.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:57 AM

Did somebody also say that it doesn't taste good? I think it tastes really good. I'm just not clear about the distinction between the kind preferable for athletes and the kind for weight loss.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:55 AM

1,488 posts, read 5,236,369 times
scsigurl.....

the kind of protein supps that atheltes use are high in carbs for energy - some brands also have high doses of folic acid, vitamins, etc blended in.

The kind of protein supps for weight loss (bariatric use) are low in carbs and are made with some type of artificial sweetening. The protein (whey isolate) should be the same (unles otherwise stated on the ingredients).......it's the other ingredients (carbs and sugar) that make the difference. EAS may not even make the hi carb kind, I don't know.... the bariatric products are all that I use.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayleTX View Post
scsigurl.....

the kind of protein supps that atheltes use are high in carbs for energy - some brands also have high doses of folic acid, vitamins, etc blended in.

The kind of protein supps for weight loss (bariatric use) are low in carbs and are made with some type of artificial sweetening. The protein (whey isolate) should be the same (unles otherwise stated on the ingredients).......it's the other ingredients (carbs and sugar) that make the difference. EAS may not even make the hi carb kind, I don't know.... the bariatric products are all that I use.

Well then the kind that I got can I guess be used for weight loss (see link in OP), because it doesn't have any sugar. I don't do sugar. But it doesn't say that on the packaging (that it can be used for weight loss).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss