Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 05:59 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Because when I eat certain protein foods, esp red meat (and pork is red meat) I have real problems digesting it unless I take digestive enzymes. Some people simply do not produce enough stomach acid though usually I'm fine, but then I don't eat a lot of red meat.
But in your previous post, you were comparing you and your blood type, with "other" people and their blood types. So that implies that you a) know who those other people are, b) know what their blood types are, c) know their digestive acid situations are, and can d) come to a reasonable conclusion based on the comparison.

BoscoDavid is asking how you verified your statement. Your statement was:
"type A's don't produce as much stomach acid as other types and that certainly is the case with me."

You have read that A's don't produce as much as other types. That is your statement.

How were you able to verify that your being a type A, was the reason that you didn't produce as much as other people? Which other people did you include in your testing?

Or - are you merely saying that you read something in a book, accepted it as truth, and compared yourself to a snippet of a book you read and said "oh yeah that must be true because it happened to me?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 06:16 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
But in your previous post, you were comparing you and your blood type, with "other" people and their blood types. So that implies that you a) know who those other people are, b) know what their blood types are, c) know their digestive acid situations are, and can d) come to a reasonable conclusion based on the comparison.

BoscoDavid is asking how you verified your statement. Your statement was:
"type A's don't produce as much stomach acid as other types and that certainly is the case with me."

You have read that A's don't produce as much as other types. That is your statement.

How were you able to verify that your being a type A, was the reason that you didn't produce as much as other people? Which other people did you include in your testing?

Or - are you merely saying that you read something in a book, accepted it as truth, and compared yourself to a snippet of a book you read and said "oh yeah that must be true because it happened to me?"
Anon, I did not say that I believe in premise of the diet--I said that I don't. I said that I read a snippet somewhere that said that type A's don't produce as much stomach acid and then I said that I'm a type A and don't produce as much stomach acid. That's it. Reread please. All that stuff you said in paragraph one does not apply to me at all because I implied nothing beyond my own situation.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:40 PM

You don't produce as much stomach acid. That is a comparison. You don't produce as much *as who?* Who produces more stomach acid, that you can state confidently that you don't produce *as much* as?

You made a statement of comparison. Bulldog asked you how you verified the validity of the comparison. You didn't answer the question, but instead, answered a question that wasn't asked. I chimed in to clarify, to explain Bulldog's question.

You don't produce AS MUCH --- as whom? And how do you know?

The reason we're asking - is because this book claims that Type A's don't produce as much stomach acid as other types. But - the authors of the book have no evidence that this is true. In fact, it isn't true. There is nothing true about it. There is no evidence, at all, that people who have type O blood, have more stomach acid than people with type A blood. It is a ridiculous statement.

And yet - there you are, agreeing that you also have type A blood, and produce less stomach acid as other people.

So we're asking - HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Old 05-15-2013, 06:04 AM

Quote:

So we're asking - HOW DO YOU KNOW?
Gee anon, let me see. Maybe it's because everyone else but me can get away with eating cheeseburgers. So what exactly are you trying to prove here? How stupid stepka is and how smart anon is?

Last edited by stepka; 05-15-2013 at 06:13 AM..

Old 05-15-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Gee anon, let me see. Maybe it's because everyone else but me can get away with eating cheeseburgers. So what exactly are you trying to prove here? How stupid stepka is and how smart anon is?
Does everyone but you have something other than type A blood? We're not understanding the claim you're making.

You are comparing your type A digestive system, with "other peoples' digestive systems." How do you know these other people are not type A? Do you really ask "everyone else but me" what their blood types are? Really?

Old 05-15-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Does everyone but you have something other than type A blood? We're not understanding the claim you're making.

You are comparing your type A digestive system, with "other peoples' digestive systems." How do you know these other people are not type A? Do you really ask "everyone else but me" what their blood types are? Really?
anon you are driving me crazy. I made no claims for anyone else. At all at all. I stated that I do not believe in the diet but that this has been my experience and made no claims for anyone else's and did not project my experience onto anyone else. I do not believe that this should be all that hard to understand so I can only assume that you have sunk your teeth into my ankle to show everyone how smart you are. Well you are smart but you don't know it all.

Old 07-16-2020, 07:46 PM

4 posts, read 1,898 times
I’ve been on the blood type diet for about 3 weeks now and already feel like an entire new person. I’m not hungry all the time, sleep great, no more pain. However, I got my partner to test his blood too so we can do this together and we’re complete opposites. I am type O and he is type A. Does anyone here have any ideas on how in the world I can cook for the two of us without making 2 separate meals? Seems impossible.

Old 07-16-2020, 07:55 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2bvt View Post
I’ve been on the blood type diet for about 3 weeks now and already feel like an entire new person. I’m not hungry all the time, sleep great, no more pain. However, I got my partner to test his blood too so we can do this together and we’re complete opposites. I am type O and he is type A. Does anyone here have any ideas on how in the world I can cook for the two of us without making 2 separate meals? Seems impossible.
Have him cook for you, and you cook for him!

Old 07-16-2020, 09:16 PM

4 posts, read 1,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Have him cook for you, and you cook for him!
That is a fantastic idea, now just need to teach him to cook!

Old 07-18-2020, 06:37 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2bvt View Post
That is a fantastic idea, now just need to teach him to cook!
Buy him a very basic cookbook and tell him to start with one simple thing at a time, something he'd like to learn how to cook.

My daughter is vegan and her bf loves things like pate, but he's a chef, so it all works out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss