Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 08:46 AM

21,017 posts, read 19,515,711 times

Advertisements

Yes, and I went back and got more! $14 capsules...at a Chinese
acupuncturist's office...
so Chinese herbs...really amazing...and no side effects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 11:01 AM

14,585 posts, read 23,154,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
That's the stuff that has killed people who get heated from inside out.

No thanks.
That's what happens when you take 4x the recommended dosage.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:19 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,514,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I have. One was called Mini Thins and were sold at pretty much every gas station. They were also known as "trucker speed" where I was from. They were sold as an asthma medication. Another one was sold at Walmart, but we're talking almost 3 decades ago and they don't make them anymore. I can't find a picture of them on the web. Both had a main ingredient of ephedrine. Little did I know it, but I was 17 and bascially buying meth in stores for $5 bucks for 50 pills.

I tried hydorycut, but meh, get the same amount of caffeine from a cup of coffee, and I'd rather have the coffee. Never tried much of anything else, since I read the claims, looked at the ingerdients and thought, "Bunch of hoohah to sell something to someone looking for the easy way out."

I heard Alli works. I also heard it gives you diarrhea. No. No thanks. Diet and exercise have a lot less bad side affects, HA!
Its still out there for those that believe you can eat burgers by the dozen and just pop a pill to deal with the after effects.
Buy High Potency Ephedrine Diet Pills at Heavily Discounted Prices.*

however there can be consequences.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ears-live.html

Old 07-13-2015, 11:59 AM

14,585 posts, read 23,154,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its still out there for those that believe you can eat burgers by the dozen and just pop a pill to deal with the after effects.
Buy High Potency Ephedrine Diet Pills at Heavily Discounted Prices.*
You live in Tampa too, don't you? You can walk into just about any pharmacy and buy it as Bronkaid or Primatene. Some gas stations sell it as the pure HCL version, but it's pricier.

Also, ephedrine's primary mode of action is through appetite suppression. The effect on metabolic rate is usually only enough to compensate for whatever metabolic slow down comes from dieting itself. It will not work without a calorie deficit, but it can make establishing the deficit much easier.

That's a very poorly written article (not surprising considering the source). First of all, ephedrine does not have a mechanism that could result in physical addiction/dependency as the article alludes to. Second, even assuming a 25mg dose per pill (the maximum I am aware of) that is still well within the established guidelines for use. Also, if ephedrine use was the cause of her pulmonary hypertension, the effects would have been seen during use, not two years after use had been discontinued.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:58 PM

7,127 posts, read 8,690,848 times
In the mid 90's I took Phen-phen prescription strength for three months to take off last of baby weight gain...I thought it was taken off the market because of reported heart problems...but I guess I was wrong...

Old 07-14-2015, 12:57 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,042,368 times
There are several pills that work great for weight loss, but none of them are actual "weight loss" pills.

One is only available by prescription (and not for weight loss, either), but there are two over-the-counter options that are cheap and easily available all day long and that work surprisingly well, but they aren't known for being "weight loss" pills.

It's not necessarily safe to take such pills, though.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:27 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,889,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
In the mid 90's I took Phen-phen prescription strength for three months to take off last of baby weight gain...I thought it was taken off the market because of reported heart problems...but I guess I was wrong...
Phen-phen was taken off the market and still is illegal to buy in the USA. Phen-phen is a "cocktail" drug containing two different drugs. Phentermine is still legal to manufacture and sell in the USA. The other part of the drug, fenfluramine, is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss