Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 03:12 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,036,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
that did not work for me then i lost 30 lbs.
kaiser 24 hour fast program. 1 modest meal a day and 3 cans of slim fast.
steady loss of 1 to 3 lbs a week.

Why drink that crap?

How long do you think you'll keep that 30 lbs off before it and it's 20 other friends come knocking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 05:15 AM

141 posts, read 279,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Why drink that crap?

How long do you think you'll keep that 30 lbs off before it and it's 20 other friends come knocking?
mmmm slim fast, yummy. who would want a meal when they can have slim fast...

Old 11-29-2012, 05:16 AM

Well if anyone wants to post what they eat daily, I can post a custom plan for them and try to incorporate some of my 20 style techniques. Just let me know. Here to help.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:53 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,793,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by govmoneynvegas View Post
If anyone wants to post what they eat daily
It varies but here's an easy to write example. For one thing, I take for breakfast and lunch to work whatever I find in the fridge in the morning. I am practical as we are a family of six with four kids.

Breakfast: two eggs with some cheese, big cup of coffee, a cup of V8 juice (low sodium), maybe a half eaten apple from the fridge.
Pre workout snack maybe around 10AM, big tablespoon of peanut butter (I keep in my desk drawer)
Workout around 11AM at the pool or basketball court or bike paths. Back to work around 1PM.
Lunch, leftovers, probably some leftover chicken, or meat loaf, or ravioli, or something.
Coffee break around 2PM. Usually with sugar, Equal, Spenda and milk. Provides a little sugar satisfaction.
If hungry around 3 or so, maybe another big spoon of peanut butter
Dinner: Whatever the wife makes. Beef, chicken, fish, usually with little rice or bread.
Desert, one cup of ice cream.

Drink five to six quarts of water a day.

Swim 2000 yards three times a week at lunch outdoors, year round, play full court basketball or cycle 12 miles two days a week at lunch and on weekends I work moderately around the house mowing lawns, home repair, goofing off with kids, bike riding. Been doing this exercise routine or equivalent for over 40 years.

That's pretty typical. Weight is a constant. Body fat 19%, 51 years old. Blood data are perfect, LDL in the 60s, total CHL ranges 130-160.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:12 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
More people would be happier, healthier, and thinner if they could break just ONE bad eating habit --- the soda habit. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Once they start seeing positive results they can move on to the next bad eating habit to break, whatever it may be.
This is pretty much the right track. People didn't develop unhealthy habits and gain weight overnight, so they're not going to break their bad habits and lose the weight instantly, either. Trying to make too many sweeping changes generally leads to frustration and relapse, so it's better to do something small, like giving up pop or walking on their lunch hour, and gradually adding in other good behaviors.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Breakfast: two eggs with some cheese, big cup of coffee, a cup of V8 juice (low sodium), maybe a half eaten apple from the fridge.
Pre workout snack maybe around 10AM, big tablespoon of peanut butter (I keep in my desk drawer)
Workout around 11AM at the pool or basketball court or bike paths. Back to work around 1PM.
Lunch, leftovers, probably some leftover chicken, or meat loaf, or ravioli, or something.
Coffee break around 2PM. Usually with sugar, Equal, Spenda and milk. Provides a little sugar satisfaction.
If hungry around 3 or so, maybe another big spoon of peanut butter
Dinner: Whatever the wife makes. Beef, chicken, fish, usually with little rice or bread.
Desert, one cup of ice cream.
Drink five to six quarts of water a day.
Breakfast: two eggs, no cheese, no coffee, tea instead, no v8 juice, eat 2 whole carrots instead, dip in a hummus if you need too. eat 2 sliced of 100% whole wheat bread if you are planning a heavy workout later. organic butter is your friend, use it.
Pre workout snack: i don't think you need this unless you are bulking, your breakfast should hold you over. think of it as numbers. why would you add 300 more calories to your body, right before you go to the gym. now you have 300 more additional calories to burn...kind of dumb if you ask me.
Lunch: sounds really shady, go with a salad with some kind of meat on it, no cheese, no heavy dressing. remember you're at work, not out climbing a mountain, you don't need all those heavy carbs.
Snack: you don't need more coffee, drink tea, eat an apple for sugar satisfaction, plus handful of almonds
Dinner: try subing in a completely raw meal here, you're going to sleep later, not running a marathon, or go with at least one vegetable like a steamed broccoli.
Dessert: ice cream is so bad for you, save it for only a couple times a month, eat fruit like a melon or apple, or just break off a peace of dark (not milk) chocolate

You're probably confusing your body with all the coffee and making it think coffee is the fiber instead of vegetables. It probably makes you crap all the time. You need to up your raw vegetables and stop with the peanut butter protein, you're not a body builder, but maybe a squirrel. Send an intern or someone to go pick up lunch if you don't have time. Perfect opportunity for a chipotle salad! If you can't just cut out coffee, get smaller portions and drink slower. Smell it more. It's all mental. I use to drink coffee all the time, now I can't stand it. Hot tea makes me feel so much better and doesn't put me in the bathroom all day. You gotta sleep more too. If you cut out coffee, and stop eating huge meals with sugary desserts, by the time bedtime comes along, you'll sleep like a baby.

And if you love peanut butter so much, a lot of Thai salads have peanuts in them, just FYI.

Also its okay to go to bed a little hungry, you don't need to be stuffed to the rafters, when you wake up you should be starving. Great time to eat a nice big healthy brekfast - think of those eggs, some fresh fruit, some english muffins with butter mmmm - you can have it all in the morning, when you're body actually needs food.

Try that and see how it goes. Let me know if you have any questions.

Get your wife to make this for dinner one night -
Quinoa and Black Beans Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Old 11-29-2012, 04:42 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,793,178 times
Quote:
Breakfast: two eggs, no cheese, no coffee, tea instead, no v8 juice, eat 2 whole carrots instead, dip in a hummus if you need too. eat 2 sliced of 100% whole wheat bread if you are planning a heavy workout later. organic butter is your friend, use it.
Pre workout snack: i don't think you need this unless you are bulking, your breakfast should hold you over. think of it as numbers. why would you add 300 more calories to your body, right before you go to the gym. now you have 300 more additional calories to burn...kind of dumb if you ask me.
Lunch: sounds really shady, go with a salad with some kind of meat on it, no cheese, no heavy dressing. remember you're at work, not out climbing a mountain, you don't need all those heavy carbs.
Snack: you don't need more coffee, drink tea, eat an apple for sugar satisfaction, plus handful of almonds
Dinner: try subing in a completely raw meal here, you're going to sleep later, not running a marathon, or go with at least one vegetable like a steamed broccoli.
Dessert: ice cream is so bad for you, save it for only a couple times a month, eat fruit like a melon or apple, or just break off a peace of dark (not milk) chocolate

You're probably confusing your body with all the coffee and making it think coffee is the fiber instead of vegetables. It probably makes you crap all the time. You need to up your raw vegetables and stop with the peanut butter protein, you're not a body builder, but maybe a squirrel. Send an intern or someone to go pick up lunch if you don't have time. Perfect opportunity for a chipotle salad! If you can't just cut out coffee, get smaller portions and drink slower. Smell it more. It's all mental. I use to drink coffee all the time, now I can stand it. Hot tea makes me feel so much better and doesn't put me in the bathroom all day. You gotta sleep more too. If you cut out coffee, and stop eating huge meals with sugary desserts, by the time bedtime comes along, you'll sleep like a baby.

Try that and see how it goes.

Get your wife to make this for dinner one night -
Quinoa and Black Beans Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Your recommendation requires a lot of adjustment. It lacks Vitamins B2, B6, B12, C, Riboflavin, Cholecalciferol, Cyanocobalamin, hydroxycobalamin, and methylcobalamin.

Recommend you read up on food sources which provide balanced nutrition along with proper fiber, and the sufficient mix of proteins and carbohydrates. I'm surprised you haven't come down with beriberi.

You'll feel much better.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:44 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,849,309 times
Quote:
16. watch less TV, TV has commercials for nasty restaurants, frozen low quality fried foods, diabetes
Yeah, those diabetes commercials are irresistible!!

Old 11-29-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Your recommendation requires a lot of adjustment. It lacks Vitamins B2, B6, B12, C, Riboflavin, Cholecalciferol, Cyanocobalamin, hydroxycobalamin, and methylcobalamin.

Recommend you read up on food sources which provide balanced nutrition along with proper fiber, and the sufficient mix of proteins and carbohydrates. I'm surprised you haven't come down with beriberi.

You'll feel much better.
LOL I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk like that, not even a certified nutritionist! That's what all the vegetables and salads are for, sir. Do you need me to spell out the ingredients in a salad? I guess so:

govmoneynvegas's famous salad for Master Charles:
- handful of spinach
- 1 whole cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- sprinkle some walnuts
- sprinkle some sunflower seeds
- squirt of lemon
- dowse of extra virgin olive oil
- grilled salmon on top
- best crap you've taken all year

This is about losing weight, not over eating so you have extraordinary amounts of crap you don't need.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Yeah, those diabetes commercials are irresistible!!
Are you joking about a serious disease?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss