Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 11:12 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
I lost 4.2 lbs between yesterday morning and this morning

Yesterday
Weight 155.1 lbs
Breakfast - Oatmeal Bar
Lunch - Ham & Cheese, Carrots, Dr Pepper
Spin Class After work Burned 750kcal
Dinner - Small Bowl of Angel Hair Pasta with Prego Sauce, Water

Today
Weight 149.9 lbs

Pretty cool huh?
LOL, good for you!!! That is NOT enough food for me in one day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 11:21 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,811 times
LOL Well my intent was not to actually lose weight. If I was serious about it I'd ditch the Ham & Cheese and Dr Pepper and sub in a salad and water.

But I say if you want to lose 10 lbs in a month it can surely be done...possibly in a couple of weeks. But you have to keep working out afterwards and watch what you eat. The minute you pick up a donut it's going to go straight back to your gut.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:06 AM

674 posts, read 804,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
How in the world could your BMI be at 35%???
Congrats on your weight loss!! I just wanted to comment that it is not uncommon at all for someone who does not look obese and whose weight does not qualify them as obese to have a 35% BMI. Especially women, who biologically have more fat than men.

It is so interesting how we are all built differently. I knew a woman who was 5'5 and 168 lbs and was 33.5% BMI. Not obese by definition, was a size 10-12, and had a high BMI. That is scary because those are the ones who will have those heart attacks that sneak up on them out of nowhere!

Old 12-20-2007, 10:55 PM

6 posts, read 43,626 times
Consume only vege and fish for 6 weeks..I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks by following this diet. However, I consumed white rice in small portion together to keep myself fuller and provide energy for my workout. Work out at least 3 times in a week for 2 hours per session with 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of strength training.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:53 PM

919 posts, read 3,395,806 times
Walk at a good pace every day for as long as you can. 45 mins at least per day.

- Your fat is stored energy. Think of it as gas in the tank of your car. You want to burn that down to "nearning empty."

- Nutrition advice is good, but it mostly concerns how you are filling the tank. Obviously there's some tweaking you can do here, but a lot of people with consistent dietary intake need not change thir eating, just the burning, in order to reach your goal.

- Cardio is great but here's the rub: if you go and bounce around for half an hour you are most likely tapping the energy in your tummy/blood. Sugars, carbs, etc. That's the "ready" fuel in your system. You need to go longer than 30-40 minutes of cardio for your body to switch fuel sources and start tapping that stored fat.

Again, I'm not bagging on cardio. It's just that most cultures of the world that are thin aren't jazzercizing... they simply walk their butts off each and every day.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:44 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
Walk at a good pace every day for as long as you can. 45 mins at least per day.

- Your fat is stored energy. Think of it as gas in the tank of your car. You want to burn that down to "nearning empty."

- Nutrition advice is good, but it mostly concerns how you are filling the tank. Obviously there's some tweaking you can do here, but a lot of people with consistent dietary intake need not change thir eating, just the burning, in order to reach your goal.

- Cardio is great but here's the rub: if you go and bounce around for half an hour you are most likely tapping the energy in your tummy/blood. Sugars, carbs, etc. That's the "ready" fuel in your system. You need to go longer than 30-40 minutes of cardio for your body to switch fuel sources and start tapping that stored fat.

Again, I'm not bagging on cardio. It's just that most cultures of the world that are thin aren't jazzercizing... they simply walk their butts off each and every day.
Great post Joninaz! You are absolutely correct.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:23 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
I have lost about 45 lbs now, no longer vegan, well, sometimes, but I have stopped walking, with the time and weather change, but I am eating healthy, no fried foods, cut way back on the starches, etc, and why not send back the dress for your size.

Who cares about that chart. With your height and weight, I would say you are not obese in any way form or fashion. T h-e- double hockey sticks with that chart.

How in the world could your BMI be at 35%???
Here's an update!! OK, I exchanged the suit for a larger size back in December. I never made it to the gym until February . Anyway, I've been working out 3 times a week, 1 hour, intense cardio class. Haven't lost 1pound, which is fine with me, I don't want to lose pounds. But, the good news is I had my Body Fat tested this morning at the gym again and it was 26.1 So, basically I've been working out and eating better since February 1st and my body fat went from 35 to 26.1 - not bad!!!!!

Yeah!!! Thanks to everyone for all the comments!!

Old 03-03-2008, 02:31 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Thumbs up Awesome Results!!!

You're so modest as you say "not bad" but I say FANTASTIC!!! Dont even worry about what the scales say, its body fat % is what you want to lose and you have done a great job.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:07 PM

203 posts, read 960,664 times
:d Awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss