Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 03:47 PM

582 posts, read 763,473 times

Advertisements

I eat Ezeikel bread. I don't think they changed their recipes. I started to eat oatmeal instead and it doesn't spike my blood sugar as much. Although I know it all depends on the amount of total carbs in the meal not the percentage of sugar in one type of food. I am just experiencing weird things that I can't explain like I have been eating the PB toast for more than a year and losing steadily without problems. I don't know what has changed. Anyway, thank you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 03:48 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safina1 View Post
I eat Ezeikel bread. I don't think they changed their recipes. I started to eat oatmeal instead and it doesn't spike my blood sugar as much. Although I know it all depends on the amount of total carbs in the meal not the percentage of sugar in one type of food. I am just experiencing weird things that I can't explain like I have been eating the PB toast for more than a year and losing steadily without problems. I don't know what has changed. Anyway, thank you !

Age.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-07-2017, 04:07 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Age.
Shhhhh!

Maybe you developed insulin resistance somewhere along the way?

Are you hungry in the morning? If not, I'd skip breakfast altogether. Weird, but I don't get hungry until I eat something. I do a 18/6 intermittant fast and eat lunch, an afternoon snack, and an early-ish dinner. Works really well for me.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Shhhhh!

Are you hungry in the morning? If not, I'd skip breakfast altogether. Weird, but I don't get hungry until I eat something. I do a 18/6 intermittant fast and eat lunch, an afternoon snack, and an early-ish dinner. Works really well for me.

I am pre-diabetic, sometimes..... I have Dawn Phenomenon, where my sugar is high in the morning (fasting). Eating protein with each meal has taken care of the pre diabetic readings though, so far.

I will naturally go until around 11am without eating if left to my own devices. But I go to the gym in the morning, and if I don't eat I get faint.

I'm okay with my weight (5'5 129), I'm pretty muscular - but would like to be 125. I'm not going to stress over it though.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Age.
I agree that age is an important factor when it comes to weight loss but I won't let that affect me. I have to try my best to live with the changes that my body experiences as I grow older.
I am in my early 40s and I don't think that is very old.
I am also talking about last year and early this year when I used to eat peanut butter with banana sandwich for breakfast and I was losing weight steadily so it is not a very long time ago. we are talking about a few months here. so I don't think age has anything to do with this.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Shhhhh!

This! Lilly. Thank you! I think you are right. One thing I learnt about my body during this weight loss journey is that blood tests don't usually show everything that is going on . My blood tests don't show that I have any insulin resistance or diabetes but deep down I feel like I am developing it. the cravings for a chocolate bar get very strong when I eat something sugary. Even an apple makes me feel like I want more sugar stuff.

and you are not alone. I am not hungry in the mornings but once I start eating my breakfast, I get hungry and end up eating more.

I just don't want to skip breakfast. what is 18/6 fast?

Old 11-08-2017, 10:19 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
40s is not old but things do slow down. I lost weight at 40 years old, so of course it can be done despite a sputtering metabolism. I found success working out and dieting. Working out can be a plateau buster, physical activity helped me overcome mine. I still say you need to move more.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:36 AM

Metabolism changes. Through my mid 20s I literally could not break 100 pounds.... as a teen I ate 7 meals a day.

Once the 40s came around, the insulation increased despite exercising more and eating less.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:39 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safina1 View Post
This! Lilly. Thank you! I think you are right. One thing I learnt about my body during this weight loss journey is that blood tests don't usually show everything that is going on . My blood tests don't show that I have any insulin resistance or diabetes but deep down I feel like I am developing it. the cravings for a chocolate bar get very strong when I eat something sugary. Even an apple makes me feel like I want more sugar stuff.

and you are not alone. I am not hungry in the mornings but once I start eating my breakfast, I get hungry and end up eating more.

I just don't want to skip breakfast. what is 18/6 fast?

Fast for 18 hours and eat 6. A lot of people do the 16/8 which seems to work well too. So on a 16/8 you'd eat your food from noon till 8 pm. Then fast from 8 pm to noon the next day.

Or if you really want breakfast, the 8 hour eat window can be moved anywhere you want to accommodate that. Eat from 7 am to 3 pm, for example, and your fast would be from 3 pm to 7 am the next morning.

I used to develop cravings when I ate apples too. I guess things started healing after I had been eating right for a while because they don't affect me like that anymore. Highly sugary or refined starchy foodstuffs still do it to me though.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Fast for 18 hours and eat 6. A lot of people do the 16/8 which seems to work well too. So on a 16/8 you'd eat your food from noon till 8 pm. Then fast from 8 pm to noon the next day.

Or if you really want breakfast, the 8 hour eat window can be moved anywhere you want to accommodate that. Eat from 7 am to 3 pm, for example, and your fast would be from 3 pm to 7 am the next morning.

I used to develop cravings when I ate apples too. I guess things started healing after I had been eating right for a while because they don't affect me like that anymore. Highly sugary or refined starchy foodstuffs still do it to me though.
Can you share with me your diet, Lilly? what do you eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner?
I saw my doctor today and I am very very low on vitamins B12 and D. he said I need v. B12 shots and we will reevaluate in a month to see if he decides to put me on thyroid meds. I am experiencing sudden energy crashes , weight gain, increased appetite, pain in my finger, puffy face.
It is a mix of symptoms of low thyroid and high thyroid function.
I don't want to be on thyroid medications. I hope it is just a vitamin deficiency.
I also asked him about my sugar cravings and whether I am developing insulin resistance, he mentioned that my blood sugar is low and I am not developing insulin resistance at all.
well, my body is a mess and I hope it can be fixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss