Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 06:56 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 View Post
I have been on the Carnivore diet for about three months now. I have lost 25 lbs 195 to 170 lbs. Weight loss wasn't the only reason I had for starting this diet. I have had some Arthritis in my lower back for years and nothing I tried had any effect on it. I am now pain free with just a little stiffness when I get out of bed.
That's mainly because you are eating a grain free diet because of those problems you've had are due to inflammation caused by sugar and particularly grains. So anybody that tells you to eat grains for fiber doesn't know anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 08:34 PM

5,707 posts, read 4,280,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
That's mainly because you are eating a grain free diet because of those problems you've had are due to inflammation caused by sugar and particularly grains. So anybody that tells you to eat grains for fiber doesn't know anything.

Especially the Mayo Clinic, cuz they're "mainstream" and "establishment" and only fringe-dwelling experts know what they're talking about

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...n/art-20457586

Eat more plants. Whole plant foods have the anti-inflammatory nutrients that your body needs. So eating a rainbow of fruits, veggies, whole grains and legumes is the best place to start.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:25 PM

608 posts, read 515,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
It might be because you lost 25 lbs...

My back pain also went away once I lost a few pounds on a low-carb diet, and my knee pain is also reduced though not quite enough. I don't discount the possibility that the dietary change contributed to that, but I KNOW weighing less will be good for both in the long run.

Carnivore diet. Hadn't heard of that one. I love veggies so I won't be going there even short term. I've lost 9 or 10 lbs in 8 weeks and still (a little) eat clementines, potato, corn chips, and milk every day, and my daily shot of rum. Oh and dark chocolate.
My lower back pain was with me when I was at my ideal weight more or less, about 160 lbs. For the previous poster What made eating a lot of steak easy for me was getting an air fryer. Cooks them up just fine with less of a mess from spatter etc.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:26 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,403,312 times
LOL, Anti-inflammatory eating? Yes, it's called eat less and don't eat highly processed foods.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
My lower back pain was with me when I was at my ideal weight more or less, about 160 lbs.

That's great, like I said I don't rule out that diet has an effect on inflammation. I also don't know what kind of garbage you were eating when you gained 30 lbs.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:20 AM

608 posts, read 515,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
That's great, like I said I don't rule out that diet has an effect on inflammation. I also don't know what kind of garbage you were eating when you gained 30 lbs.
LOL, my diet was awful for years before I started this. Actually, a very nice side benefit of this diet is that I have almost completely stopped eating fast food and those crappy frozen meals. I allow myself a cheat day once a week or so to have some ice cream or something else I enjoy. So, it has worked very well for me.

Old 01-28-2021, 01:28 PM

34 posts, read 27,133 times
Been doing the Whal's Protocol for a few months after getting a recomendation from a nutritionist. Helps a lot with inflamation and I've lost close to 30 pounds. Really tough adjustment at first because even though i never ate excessively, my diet was so unbalanced.

Old 01-28-2021, 02:57 PM

Quote:
LOL, my diet was awful for years before I started this. Actually, a very nice side benefit of this diet is that I have almost completely stopped eating fast food and those crappy frozen meals. I allow myself a cheat day once a week or so to have some ice cream or something else I enjoy. So, it has worked very well for me.

Glad its working. I'm waiting to be sure I lost 10 lbs so I can celebrate with a pale ale. I think I have lost 10, but I only know I lost 8 for sure because I bought a digital scale Dec 13. The 11 days before that that I was on low carb I had a crappy old needle scale.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:40 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
A lot of people don't realize that by getting rid of grain they are eating less gluten. You may think that you never have GI problems eating bread, pasta, or pizza. But in fact gluten causes inflammation. Gluten are these little needles that gets stuck in your gut which causes a leaky gut for some people but once it makes it to your arteries it will cause all kinds of joint and muscular pains. By getting rid of wheat in your diet eventually the gluten will be gone and your pain will slowly heal. So it's important to stop eating grains that are high in gluten. I would even go far and avoid eating fruits and vegetables that contains lectins. Lectins are in the peels of fruits and skin of vegetables. They also cause inflammation because lectins are toxins.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:49 AM

24,098 posts, read 32,448,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Lard is not known to cause inflammation in the body. It has no trans fats and is higher in monounsaturated fat than butter.
Lard is hardly healthy food, by any stretch of the imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss