Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:06 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,868,386 times

Advertisements

Connecticut Pam - Week 4 complete and 12 pounds lost!

HOORAY for me!! I have lost 12 pounds, have a new haircut, had a facial and feel like a million bucks already. I am more determined than ever to take my weight off and once again become the active healthy woman I use to be. All the aches and pains are subsiding, my outlook is becoming better and life is once again not the burden of hauling an extra person around on my back. That extra person is slowly going away and although I am use to having "her" around, I will not miss "her" and that is a fact.

This week in class we talked about what to do when we got those terrible cravings for something decadent like chocolate, or perhaps chips or maybe ice cream which was my downfall. Everyone had good suggestions including having the chocolate or chips or ice cream and counting the extra points..Yes, you can have that good stuff but in moderation. My theory on giving in to the craving is that right now I am in the early stages of trying to get myself under control and this is kind of like "tough love" for me right now. I just don't want to have that stuff and until I reach a reasonable weight, probably won't. Weight Watchers has a lot of fine products that can help me fill in when I have a craving so I am therefore...good to go!

The size of our class has increased a lot since I first joined and I am seeing more and more men join which is great. "Back in the Day"..men didn't really go to Weight Watchers and now things have changed so much. Their input is invaluable as they do see this whole weight loss thing differently than women do and I enjoy listening to them talk.

Oh, my sister is also doing the program and has lost 12.4 pounds in 6 weeks, my son is also participating and has lost 10.3 pounds in two weeks...men lose so fast. AND..the hubs is now down 20 pounds..Whoo Hoo!

Thanks again for all your support and see you Lighter!!

Conn. Pam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 08:28 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Oh, my sister is also doing the program and has lost 12.4 pounds in 6 weeks, my son is also participating and has lost 10.3 pounds in two weeks...men lose so fast. AND..the hubs is now down 20 pounds..Whoo Hoo!
You folks will have to go on the road as the WW banner family when you reach your goal weights!

Great report; keep up the good work!

Old 08-18-2009, 06:28 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
That's a snack for me.

Whoa! What a snack! I've been eating around 1000 a day and am down 4 pounds. It's not so bad!

Old 08-19-2009, 01:20 AM

18 posts, read 53,703 times
Pam,

Congratulations! The program is working for you and you look so happy with the results. Doesn't it feel good when you see that your hard work pays off? And seeing the results, it inspires you to lose more weight now! More to lose!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:00 AM

55 posts, read 59,711 times
Default Conn Pam - Diet Progress - Computer glich

Good Morning everyone:
Well, I had a huge computer problem and everything that I had posted about my diet progress was lost but here I am back online and starting fresh here too.

The good news is that I am down 13 pounds now after beginning my fifth week on Weight Watchers. I feel bad that I lost all my previous information but will take it from here. Class is this Saturday, so we will start fresh.

Wish me luck with the rest of my week and will talk with you all throughout the week.

Conn. Pam

Old 08-19-2009, 09:12 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn Pam View Post
Good Morning everyone:
Well, I had a huge computer problem and everything that I had posted about my diet progress was lost but here I am back online and starting fresh here too.

The good news is that I am down 13 pounds now after beginning my fifth week on Weight Watchers. I feel bad that I lost all my previous information but will take it from here. Class is this Saturday, so we will start fresh.

Wish me luck with the rest of my week and will talk with you all throughout the week.

Conn. Pam
You lost your personal information on your home PC? Or, are you implying that the information you posted on City-Data was lost?

If it was your home PC, there are ways, a lot of them easy and free, to retrieve data from a crashed hard drive.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:35 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,922,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn Pam View Post
Good Morning everyone:

Conn. Pam
Wohooo!!! 13 lbs is really really good! How has your life changed? Have you gone shopping for new clothes now? What classes are you taking? Are you joining the aerobic classes at the gym? Last time you told me you were using the point system for every physical activity you embarked.

Are the foods delicious? I almost tried the nutri-system but thought better of shedding some cash on the cost. Trying to save, he he.

Congrats, dear lady!

Old 08-19-2009, 09:36 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,922,445 times
Pam, I found a link to your previous thread:

Conn. Pam Update on diet

Old 08-19-2009, 01:14 PM

My goodness...I thought for sure that when my computer went down that some of my postings on my diet journey were lost..absolutely psyched that they are still here. Thanks again everyone for the well wishes. I am feeling so much better already. Conn. Pam

Old 08-19-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You lost your personal information on your home PC? Or, are you implying that the information you posted on City-Data was lost?If it was your home PC, there are ways, a lot of them easy and free, to retrieve data from a crashed hard drive.
Hi Charles: All was not lost. It seems that some of my postings are still here. My husband is a Unix Systems Administrator and is saavy in Sun systems products, Microsoft products, Linux Systems (sp?) and Lord knows what all else he does..in other words, he was "AT THE READY" When I messed up, or so I thought I messed up, my computer. All I know is that I seemed to clear all past history and lost a lot of "stuff". I am not a computer guru by any means and what I do on here is not critical..I am retired, but I was upset as I did have lots of "chatty" stuff on here I wanted...sigh....I am good to go but thanks anyhow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss