Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 03:36 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,509 times

Advertisements

Oh Goodness, this has happened to me many times!

I have always had dogs, and they would, on occasion, stop and look at a certain spot in the house either with a friendly attitude or an angry one.

Of course they (dogs,cats, pets in general) feel and see stuff way before we notice them, I never doubted that. One more reason to love them and have them around, at all times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 03:46 PM

7,129 posts, read 12,670,656 times
This isn't the supernatural, but my dogs and cats always knew well before an earthquake hit...(restless, whining, yowling). If I were tuned in to them, I could know hours before one came...but sometimes I just yelled at them to settle down when it wasn't their fault (no pun intended).

Old 08-07-2010, 03:46 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
Oh Goodness, this has happened to me many times!

I have always had dogs, and they would, on occasion, stop and look at a certain spot in the house either with a friendly attitude or an angry one.

Of course they (dogs,cats, pets in general) feel and see stuff way before we notice them, I never doubted that. One more reason to love them and have them around, at all times.
Would it be wonderful if people started adopting pets for that extra security as well as a constant companion when they are alone?

What people see as a nuisance or a chore, may actually be a hidden blessing in disguise.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:53 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
I would think it be high time for whomever inheritted the house to have those stairs redone if they want to sell it.
They are trying to sell it but they don't want to put any work into it. And it is overpriced.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
found an unmarked grave, confirmed that is what it was. provided for funeral for the remains. (it was a child). the dog stopped sniffing that spot and henceforth ignored it.

Old 08-07-2010, 04:05 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
OP, must you use this forum to preach your religion? We do have a forum dedicated to that.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
They are trying to sell it but they don't want to put any work into it. And it is overpriced.
Hmmm...

Maybe they ought to advertise that it is haunted and raise the price some more. Probably what I would do if I got stuck with it by an inheritance.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
found an unmarked grave, confirmed that is what it was. provided for funeral for the remains. (it was a child). the dog stopped sniffing that spot and henceforth ignored it.
Sounds like your story could be sold for a movie on TV or at least a documentary for 60 minutes.

Don't be surprise if readers would like to hear more from that story.

Thanks for sharing what you were willing to share.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
OP, must you use this forum to preach your religion? We do have a forum dedicated to that.
Freedom of speech and freedom of religion means not shying away from my beliefs if I believed it is relevant to a topic.

Yes, I am fully aware of the forum sub section for christianity, but this was towards dogs sensitivity to the supernatural.

And since things do have a tendency to go dark in these discussions sometime: I am referring to a help in case someone may be going through turbulant time with the unknown or if it should become spookier than the norm. They are free to call on the name of the Lord or not, but at least as far as I am concerned as a "loving neighbor", I am making that help known in case they do need Him.

Do note the responses in this thread are not all on Him. I am hoping to not have a need to repeat that help again and just stick to the topic, waiting for more posters to post their stories instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs