Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 08:03 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times

Advertisements

I don't think you're crazy at all. I think you're wonderful!!!!! I'm very happy for you and can't wait to see pictures!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 11:19 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Well, if you are crazy, so am I! and so are lots of us, it seems. Thank you for opening your home to one more.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:24 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,817 times
IMO you are not crazy. I do believe in divine intervention and I think you were drawn to this baby for a reason. He is sure purty.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:50 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
IMO you are not crazy. I do believe in divine intervention and I think you were drawn to this baby for a reason. He is sure purty.
I agree......I am pretty sure that our late Cricket picked out our little Allie....way down in Tennessee.......all of a sudden my DP saw her on the Pet Finder thread... she was a special needs girl..... he couldnt stop thinking about her.....he said...."I think Cricket picked her out.....she always liked beagles.....and she knows we have enough love to take care of her"--so if she cant be with us....she wants this little girl to have a chance. It has been wonderful.....we adore her and she and "big sister" get along great.

I had a similar feeling after the love of my life Hannah passed away......when we went to the shelter and picked out McKenzie and brought her home.....she started displaying some of the traits that so endeared me to Hannah; little personality traits....the way she held up a paw and gave an imploring look, the way she would fall asleep with her head on her paws so she could keep eye contact with me till she dropped off to sleep.....I told DP.....I think Hannah is coaching her from heaven.

So I wouldnt discount divine intervention....and I wouldnt harden my heart against it.....You Are Not Nutz.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:49 AM

3,749 posts, read 12,406,979 times
Thanks everyone for confirming my sanity DH laughed when he hear I had posted this thread. He has enjoyed all the responses too!

Things are moving forward rapidly with Tank. Spoke this morning to a wonderful lady with Lab Rescue. She is up in CT hunkered down in all that snow and decided to review her rescue e-mails.

Looks like I moved on this just in time. Tank was due to be transported up to CT on Wednesday. If I had waited another 2 days he would have been gone! I don't know if our Bandit has a paw in this but I'm sure glad I saw Tank's adoption page when I did! They have pulled him from the transport list to see if this works out with us.

Everything I'm hearing about Tank has me very encouraged that he definately will fit in well with our little group! The rescue is doing the reference checks this morning (vet & rescue contacts, etc). I'm very glad to see their "due dilligence". Tells me that they are well organized and really care about the homes their dogs go to. I'm hoping that I can have the home visit completed this week too. We will see. I'll let y'all know how it progresses!

Old 12-27-2010, 09:56 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Thanks everyone for confirming my sanity DH laughed when he hear I had posted this thread. He has enjoyed all the responses too!

Things are moving forward rapidly with Tank. Spoke this morning to a wonderful lady with Lab Rescue. She is up in CT hunkered down in all that snow and decided to review her rescue e-mails.

Looks like I moved on this just in time. Tank was due to be transported up to CT on Wednesday. If I had waited another 2 days he would have been gone! I don't know if our Bandit has a paw in this but I'm sure glad I saw Tank's adoption page when I did! They have pulled him from the transport list to see if this works out with us.

Everything I'm hearing about Tank has me very encouraged that he definately will fit in well with our little group! The rescue is doing the reference checks this morning (vet & rescue contacts, etc). I'm very glad to see their "due dilligence". Tells me that they are well organized and really care about the homes their dogs go to. I'm hoping that I can have the home visit completed this week too. We will see. I'll let y'all know how it progresses!
YAY good news keeping all fingers toes and paws crossed. I just know in my heart all the way in OK that this is meant to be for you

Old 12-27-2010, 01:32 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Every now and then I scan Petfinder looking at the available dogs in the Houston area. Most of the time its just that - me looking. This morning though, I came across one that I just keep going back to. Its a chocolate Lab that looks and sound a heck of a lot like our Bandit. (You may remember, we gently let our Bandit go to the Rainbow Bridge a year ago in November)

As I said, I keep going back to this posting and I finally showed it to DH. We talked about it and I'm going to contact the rescue about this dog tomorrow.

Heres the posting for the dog "Tank" and I've also attached a pic of Bandit from his younger days. Am I crazy or do they look alike?

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Labrador Retriever | Houston, TX | TANK#2

If all goes well, we may be back to having 4 dogs soon.

So tell me...have I lost my mind? Has anyone else just had a feeling about a dog from its picture and description?

That's how we got our 100lbs. love bug.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:00 PM

3,749 posts, read 12,406,979 times
Default Update...Update...Update

All has been checked out & Tank will be here tomorrow at 4:00 pm for the meet & greet with our fur-kids. DH is as excited as I am!

Everything (and I mean everything) that I've heard about Tank is telling me that he will fit right in. If all goes well, we will be signing the adoption paperwork tomorrow and his "visit" will offically become his "trip to his forever home"

Please cross fingers, toes, paws, etc that all goes well. Its my hope that tomorrow evening I will be posting pics of our new boy introducing him to y'all!

I can't wait!!!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 02:05 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
I am absolutely wishing you all the best. How exciting!

Old 12-27-2010, 02:10 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
If you can provide the love for 4 dogs, then what is crazy about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs