Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:04 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,554,925 times

Advertisements

in TEXAS in T-E-X-A-S? What is the world coming too? Can't you shoot here there if she trespasses on your property (Just joking, honest)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 12:04 PM

371 posts, read 938,476 times
Payback is a ***** is all I got to say on this one!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:06 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,693 times
WOW...just WOW...

Old 01-26-2011, 12:08 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,862,283 times
i too would look into a counter complaint, tresspassing and mabe even damage to private property (but the latter is pushing it...)

i highly doubt much is goign to happen from this on the legal end of things beyond inconvenience...but i would watch out for this neighbor becomming a future problem, the people like this that ive delt with in the past are a few sandwhices short of a picnic basket and when they dont get the responce/attention they are looking for they tend to become repetative police callers over the smallest things, if that starts happening you definatly want to counter.

what a wast of resources this woman is, ugh.
the fact that the cops actually are following through with a detective call is even more ridiculous...makes me thing this isnt the first time this womans got the police involved for the stupidest things.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:08 PM

3,749 posts, read 12,406,979 times
Default What a tempest in a teapot I've caused!

Just spoke with our attorney friend. Because it was a "threat" complaint they were obligated to come and speak with me. Fluffy's mommie has the right to file for a restraining order but I also have the right to contest it (which I will do if one is filed). Our friend was laughing at me and telling me not to worry. He also suggested a video rather than confrontation if it happens again.

DH says he's buying a muzzle on the way home. Not for the dogs but for me!

Thank you Htown for the info in the DM - its appreciated more than you know!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:11 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,514,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
no she can't.

It has to be repetitive non merited cases.

If she took VA- Cat to caught a zillion times and each time it was thrown out then Va Cat would have a valid harassment claim against her.

she has a right to call the cops when she is scared, but the cops must be really bored to follow through with it.
Ok thanks I didn't know that. Seems like there is something that VA-Cat can do at this point. I suppose it is best then that Va just talk to the detective explain what happened then lay low and hope the crazy bat doesn't do anything else to provoke. I sure would watch her <the crazy bat> like a hawk though.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:19 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Just spoke with our attorney friend. Because it was a "threat" complaint they were obligated to come and speak with me. Fluffy's mommie has the right to file for a restraining order but I also have the right to contest it (which I will do if one is filed). Our friend was laughing at me and telling me not to worry. He also suggested a video rather than confrontation if it happens again.

DH says he's buying a muzzle on the way home. Not for the dogs but for me!

Thank you Htown for the info in the DM - its appreciated more than you know!
anytime.

I am sorry you have such a crappy neighbor.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:23 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
Ok thanks I didn't know that. Seems like there is something that VA-Cat can do at this point. I suppose it is best then that Va just talk to the detective explain what happened then lay low and hope the crazy bat doesn't do anything else to provoke. I sure would watch her <the crazy bat> like a hawk though.
yeah, it would have been best for everyone if the lady had just cooled down.

what I would do is form a neighborhood association and every time some see's her not scoping, call the cops. The cops have nothing better to do anyway.

sheesh, I have never heard of cops carrying on that long over offering to return some forgotten poop.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:26 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,586,460 times
Eegads! What is WRONG with people these days, letting their dogs poop in other peoples' yards and then getting MAD when they speak up about it ?! So silly! If this woman is too much of a "princess" to pick up after her dog, then she shouldn't have one to begin with...honestly, people like that are so irritating!

Yeah, don't worry about the whole "follow up" thing, the cops have to follow protocol even when they know it's silly and the "complainer" is nuts...I would definitely take Mak's suggestion and keep a video camera handy so you can catch her in the act if she does it again, then you'll have some evidence and can file a formal complaint...if there's a law in your area about picking up dog poo, she'll have to pay a fine .

Hang in there...you're clearly in the right, and any sane cop or judge will see that right away!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:49 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
WOW Richmond TX must be the MOST crime free city in the NATION if this is all they have to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs