Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:04 PM

14,477 posts, read 20,652,743 times

Advertisements

our AC tells lies too. They say they can not give out citations, but the city police say they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 02:25 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,242,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Bingo!

There's a neighbor of mine, around the corner, who has a beautiful garden. It's high up on the yard, though, close to her house, nowhere near the road where we walk.

One day, shortly after we first moved into the neighborhood, she came storming out of her house, yelling like her hair was on fire, "Get your dog away from my yard. I spend a lot of time and money on my garden. If your dog pees here, I'll call the police!"

Really? You'll call the police? REALLY?

While I don't think that peeing on her grass would have killed her flowers 40 feet away, and the fact that the first few feet of "your property" are really owned by the town anyway, had she asked me nicely, I would have gladly steered Artie to the other side of the street every time we passed her house.

I'm not saying that I want him to pee on her lawn out of vengeance now, and I certainly don't want him to poo on it (even though I would pick it up, as per usual) lest she have a heart attack, but yelling at me? Threatening the police? IN CASE he MIGHT pee? You just know people like that are crazy, and spend their day ironing their socks and cover their couches with that plastic stuff.

So, any vengeance peeing?

Old 02-09-2011, 02:36 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
So, any vengeance peeing?
HAHA! The old broad is probably tucked under her blankets in this cold, with no need to worry about her garden. Aside from that, though, I've got a broken fibula and this leg only goes on v-e-r-y short walks with the pee-monster.

If we're still here in the spring, though... she'd better beware!

Old 02-09-2011, 02:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
The OP would really be bother if he/she did sleep and had night vivion to see just what is doign what in his yard. Bt then I am more concern with people peeing on the tolilet seat in restrooms really or throwing trash around. Dog can do whatever is natural in peeing.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:14 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suei View Post
I have to agree with Glitch on this one. All my parents' dogs were only ever allowed to toilet on one part of the garden, dad went out with them to ensure all their business was on that area, he used to clean it off before he came back into the house. None of my parents dogs ever toileted outside the garden, not even on walks, the male dogs would wee but always in an appropriate place.
Precisely, and if I do not clean out their kennel in a timely manner, they let me know by doing their business in the garage.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
The tires on my car are a frequent place for dogs to go.
This reminds me of my Buddy. Every morning, after reading the pee-mail at the end of the drive-way, and after I pull the car out of the garage, Buddy feels compelled to mark at least three of my four tires.

I guess it is just his way of letting other dogs know to whom the vehicle belongs.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:44 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,037 times
Ha, these people are a peace of work.. I've already confronted some of them and they said that "maybe the dogs could have peed on the yard,etc,etc.." I watched them stand there while their dogs are peeing on my yard. They couldn`t even be honest about it.... It just goes to show who I'am dealing with.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:58 PM

two of us neighbors had complaints about the dogs next door. Me for their barking at night, and the lady across the street who complained about what the dogs do when they are let out of their cage. They run for her yard to poop. So, when I was looking up the laws for dog nuisance and noise, I found the excrement law, just for her. Back in late Dec. when the police came out, she showed the police one of her shoes where she had stepped in it. She literally shoved it in his face. At that time, none of us knew there was a law on that. So, with her front window open, she can see what goes on. She has always told me stories about others who would be walking their dog and stop when they got to her yard. So, now she has a law to help her, if she desires. I do not go in my yard very much as far as moving around, so if they go in my yard, it may be dried up before I step in it.

A. There are responsible pet owners.
B. There are non pet owners.
C. There are irresponsible pet owners.
And there are nuisance, noise, and environmental health laws to protect group A and group B from group C.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:41 PM

553 posts, read 1,633,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
two of us neighbors had complaints about the dogs next door. Me for their barking at night, and the lady across the street who complained about what the dogs do when they are let out of their cage. They run for her yard to poop. So, when I was looking up the laws for dog nuisance and noise, I found the excrement law, just for her. Back in late Dec. when the police came out, she showed the police one of her shoes where she had stepped in it. She literally shoved it in his face. At that time, none of us knew there was a law on that. So, with her front window open, she can see what goes on. She has always told me stories about others who would be walking their dog and stop when they got to her yard. So, now she has a law to help her, if she desires. I do not go in my yard very much as far as moving around, so if they go in my yard, it may be dried up before I step in it.

A. There are responsible pet owners.
B. There are non pet owners.
C. There are irresponsible pet owners.
And there are nuisance, noise, and environmental health laws to protect group A and group B from group C.
Howard my friend, I understand your frustration, but for the sake of your health and sanity you need to take a chill pill. Get a noise machine and insulating curtains to block the noise at night, and think about putting up a fence to keep dogs out of your yard.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmomof2 View Post
Howard my friend, I understand your frustration, but for the sake of your health and sanity you need to take a chill pill. Get a noise machine and insulating curtains to block the noise at night, and think about putting up a fence to keep dogs out of your yard.
what kind of noise machine?

I'm told if I get one of these devices that sends out a very high sound to the neighborhood, when it picks up a barking dog, that I'd be (could be) in violation of the noise ordinance, though it would be the dogs triggering the noise.

I've got a fence around the back yard.

I can prove there are 17 dogs at 11 houses all within 300 feet of my house.
Repeat, I can prove it. It will take a lot of photos, but I can get them, and more photos to verify the houses, and street view maps, etc.

This AFTER my next door neighbor got rid of their 4 dogs after they lost in court. So, one person, can not fight that many people.
The AC and court system has helped me all it can.
The next closest dog to me woke me up the last two nights at 3:30 am.

I hope my neighborhood and all the dogs, is an exception.
I found statistics that say about 40% of all households have one or more dogs.
The % in my area is greater than 40%.
Hopefully, lower in yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs